Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Serenity - A calming beach house retreat

by Tee Hee She Posted 12th Oct 2013 at 2:51 PM - Updated 13th Oct 2015 at 11:37 PM by Tee Hee She

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:51 PM
Great Presentation, Great House !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 11:12 PM
Very nice house and I love how you made the bendy walls
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 9:54 AM
Oh it's beautiful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 12:18 PM
Yes! I've been waiting for this house since I saw your first WIP screenies It's just unbelievably amazing. Thanks for making the most imaginative houses I've ever seen in TS3.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 4:26 PM
I get a song sung about me?!? Really though, this is an absolutely beautiful house and is so lovely in game.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 10:56 PM
This is absolutely stunning!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 2:25 AM
I love this, can't stop looking at it. You are like some kind of CFE Jesus.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 7:28 PM
I can't top alverdine, but I do hear a round of "holy shit"s being said.
You are amazing, sir.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 2:42 AM
Hey, where's the mail box? I can't find it.

Other than the mailbox and some pathing issues, this lot is pretty amazing. :O
mature minion
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackJill
Hey, where's the mail box? I can't find it.

Other than the mailbox and some pathing issues, this lot is pretty amazing. :O

The mailbox is on the side of the building near the sea steps, its the apartment one that came with late night. I didn't encounter any pathing issues when testing this lot, could you please be more specific about what's going wrong?
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 5:45 PM Last edited by BlackJill : 15th Oct 2013 at 8:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee Hee
The mailbox is on the side of the building near the sea steps, its the apartment one that came with late night. I didn't encounter any pathing issues when testing this lot, could you please be more specific about what's going wrong?

When Sims arrive by boat at my home and dock on the left side, they're unable to reach the front doors (the doors land side) and they need to go down the path on the left side of the house, get back into a boat, go to the right side of the house, dock, and walk around the right side to find the front doors.

I corrected this by removing the rocks and shrubbery near the top left corner (if you have the camera situated where you're facing the boats), recoloring it to match the sand color and create an open path to the front doors.

However, I wonder if this is because I added it to the wrong island. I only realized this earlier today and I will see if this is the reason later on.

Also, I looked all over and never saw that mailbox but I will look again. I may move it to where the front doors are because I derp when I look for stuff. lol

Edit: Sorry, I realize that my using the word "pathing" might have caused some confusion. I meant the actual paths/walking in the game itself.

Also, I found out what went wrong with the mailbox. It was in fact there, just not there on the wall where it was supposed to be. For some reason, whilst adding the house to the island, for some reason the mailbox was up in the air along with the boats, but I failed to noticed at that time that it was, in fact, a mailbox. I thought maybe it was a part of the boat set up and I did to it what I did to the boats to snap them down onto the water. But instead of snapping to the wall, the mailbox ended up under water.

Since my file was still pretty fresh, I decided to simply start over and it doesn't fix the issue. The mailbox this time around actually is under water. As you can see in the second screenshot, the mailbox is not where it's supposed to be.

When you initially set the lot down the mailbox is on the wall, but afterward when you go into build mode, it grows legs and walks itself into the deep end (well, not literally).

Going to try different things to see if I can get it to work. Will edit this post with my findings, good or bad.

Edit 2: As it turns out, the solution was quite simple. Lol While STILL in Buy/Build mode AFTER having just set the lot down (before you move your sims in. Don't exit the Edit Town mode yet or you might have problems getting the mailbox from under water like I did in my first save file. Or if you want to test it, set the lot down, exit, then go back into Edit Town mode and see if you can still move the mailbox) you can actually grab the mailbox and put it back onto the wall or wherever you want it to go. I couldn't move it in my first file using the Buy/Build mode for the house itself since it was under water and seemingly out of reach. I had even tried raising the ground level underneath the mailbox to rise it above the water but it wouldn't reach that far.

Anyhow, might be good to add a sidenote just in case anyone else has this issue with the mailbox. They'll need to move it manually using Edit Town mode and clicking on the lot and editing it using Buy/Build mode that way.

Edit 3: Ok, I decided that since I made a fresh file, I'd make a quick video of what I meant by "pathing" issues with the sims not being able to access the front doors via the sea steps. You can see the video via this link posted on Youtube. You can see that the sims dock on the left side, at the sea steps, then disembark (you can also see the paperboy arriving via same way) and instead of going directly to the front doors via the path on the left side of the house, they go up onto the path, go down the steps and back onto a boat (as well as paperboy). They go around to the other side of the house and disembark on land, then reach the front doors via the right side of the lot.

As I've mentioned above, I fixed this by removing the rockery and shrubs that were in the way to reaching the front doors.

So I turned this:

Into this:

Of course you can't see the trees that I have in the center of the shrubbery because I'm zoomed in a lot but I only removed the rockery and pushed the shrubbery back a bit further to free up some space. I may do something better with that particular corner later though but thought I'd mention this particular issue in case others have it as well. I may readd the rockery but just on a more moderate scale for that corner.

I ended up doing it anyway and just replaced the old screenshots of the corner edit with the new ones. Now my sims, including visitors, services, etc, can access the front door from the sea steps.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
#13 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 9:49 AM
Yaaaaay, you finally uploaded it!!! So excited, excited enough that I might actually download and use it and I basically never do that. You did an amazing job, and all your hard work was totally worth it!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 2:06 PM
Thank you but it is now showing up in my sims 3. It says that installed but in game it is not. Looked to houses tab and also to place-lot where it has to be.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 2:23 AM
i don't see any floating boats in mine, i want my money back

where's that spacetime house you promised me???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 9:43 PM Last edited by thedarkoneirc : 1st Nov 2013 at 7:32 PM.
Awesome house! I ran into 2 pathing issues so far, one is minor, when sims are on the left side of the house (when facing from the water to land) they will take the boat to get to the other side of the house, no big deal. The larger problem was when one of my sims was swimming, she swam into the house and got stuck on the path right outside the house. Not sure if anything can really be done to fix this outside of a resetsim, but thought you might want to know! Thanks!

Edit: Also when sims arrive via taxiboat, in this case after coming back from the hospital with twins, the taxi dropped them off underwater!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 5:54 PM
Congratulations on the feature, Minion!
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 10:02 PM
Oh my god. It looks so relaxing. I'm getting showtime tomorrow!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 3:09 AM
your CFE skills leave me dizzy! love your builds
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 8:22 PM
I bought the EP just because of this house. Good work! I set the front door to the one on the water side to try and eliminate the issue of my sims pulling up on the right side of the house (by the hot tub) and then getting back in the boat and pulling around to the left. NPC sims like paparazzi and mailman etc. always pull up on the left with no problem. If I invite a group of people to the house, some pull up on the left and some on the right and some even get stuck on the right and I have to resetsim them. After several hours of testing scenarios, including emptying out the boats from their docks, I have a feeling this is an issue with the EP and how certain visitors arrive by boat since a group of 3 or more sims cannot travel on a boat together.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 10:09 PM
Man that's gorgeous! Exquisite work as usual, THH!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 6:14 AM
This is just amazing. Fantastic work!!!
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 6:10 PM
thank you, it 's wonderful.
just a girl
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 10:35 PM
The combination of chocolate and turquoise - very nice! Shape of the house isn't less impressive.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 2:58 PM
Прекрасный дом, отличная работа!
Спасибо за это чудо.
Page 1 of 2