Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 3:30 AM
Default Why is WooHoo going to be a skill?
Makes no sense :P
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 3:57 AM
You can get better at it...

But actually, I think it's kind of silly and possibly inappropriate to have in a T-rated game.
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:11 AM
It's apparently a hidden skill. So I doubt it will have much of an effect on the gameplay. Perhaps you get a slightly different animation if your skill is higher?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:46 AM
Maybe the fun increase for the partner goes up as the skill does?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Makes no sense :P

It will when you're older
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:55 AM
I think it's a fantastic idea for "romance" sims :P
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shc
It will when you're older

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 9:15 AM
In sims 1, sims would let it be known what they thought of it afterwards. I remember one time that the woman was cheering and the guy was crying. I'm hoping to see situations like that again.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 12:54 PM
I actually find this neat, I wonder what the implications of a higher WooHoo skill will be. A moodlet perhaps?
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 1:55 PM
Just another idea ripped off from borrowed from one of Twallan's mods (Woohooer with Kama Simtra in this case, and yes, Twallan even gives you special moodlets, so if they copied and pasted carefully reviewed the code , there might very well be moodlets too).
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by othiym28
You can get better at it...

But actually, I think it's kind of silly and possibly inappropriate to have in a T-rated game.

Wait... what?!

Don't have much faith in The Sims franchise anymore but am naïve enough to think that someday, my plumbbob will turn green again.

Been playing since 2000
Ex-Moderator of Swedish Official site: TheSims.se (closed in 2011)
Admin of Sims UnCut

Follow: twitter.com/denkert
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 2:36 PM
Why? Because it's funny.
Scholar
#13 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:25 PM
I have prepared a special statement specifically for this topic:

Solo Woohoo. Thank you.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
I have prepared a special statement specifically for this topic:

Solo Woohoo. Thank you.

Sims' hands need lovin', too.
Inventor
#15 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:48 PM
This is a kids' game!
Well, it's supposed to be...
Scholar
#16 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
This is a kids' game!

Yeah, you're right, says right here on the box. "Rated by ESRB. Rated T for small children."

Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:00 PM
This is a kids' game!

The Sims is not a children's game. It's a game for teens and adults, hence the T-rating. A woohoo skill will not up the rating, especially if done comically. That is not an M-rated feature. So, yes, a woohoo skill is perfectly appropriate and acceptable. It's funny how people don't complain that Sims can woohoo in photo booths in public when there are children on the lot. To me, that is far tackier than a measly woohoo skill, and it's still a T-rated feature. What about The Sims 2 practically encouraging players to have Daniel Pleasant cheat on his wife or Don Lothario become promiscuous? How are these features able to be any more acceptable than a silly and harmless woohoo skill? Thus, all these complaints about the new woohoo skill do not hold any water. It's hypocrisy, if you ask me.
Inventor
#18 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:11 PM
Okay, let me clarify.
It's INTENDED for teens + but seems like it's MARKETED for kids nowadays.

Plus, it was meant to be a semi-joke.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:28 PM
Okay, let me clarify.
It's INTENDED for teens + but seems like it's MARKETED for kids nowadays.

Plus, it was meant to be a semi-joke.

Thank you for clarifying that because that "joke" clearly went over my head and below my knees. I do agree about the "kids" reference in that The Sims 3 in some ways have been watered down. I think some people forget how risqué The Sims 1 was that when The Sims 4 could finally be trying to go back to that nature, they get upset and/or skeptical. Even The Sims was a bit edgier in that regards than The Sims 3. "Goose," anyone?
Alchemist
#20 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:50 PM
I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's not that different from the mechanical skill. You get better at working with equipment, making things work and unclogging pipes.
Scholar
#21 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's not that different from the mechanical skill. You get better at working with equipment, making things work and unclogging pipes.

Original_Sim - Posting things that make me throw up a little in my mouth, since June 2013. Guaranteed or your money back.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:01 PM
There were the sims 3 players who thought EA's Master Suite stuff pack was too sexual or rated M. Imagine them freking out when they find there's a skill to the already-inappropriate woohoo!
Scholar
#23 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
...the already-inappropriate woohoo!

Oh, good god. No wonder people think Americans are prudes Yes, people can have" hinted at sex" in a T rated game.

Alchemist
#24 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Original_Sim - Posting things that make me throw up a little in my mouth, since June 2013. Guaranteed or your money back.

Why thank you for that glowing recommendation!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:56 PM
Don't really mind about it being a skill. After all, practice makes perfect in many things!

Main reason for replying to this thread: HP whats with the GIF of Karen Gillan? Of course, not that you NEED a reason, she brightens up any thread, just curious!
Page 1 of 5