Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 1:26 PM
Totally agree with gazania. I have a mini-list of criteria that I want ticked off before I would even consider buying the game. Just fulfilling one of them aint gonna cut it.

It'd be easier to say what one thing I'd consider a total dealbreaker for me considering to buying the game;

G E N E T I C S !

Proper, Dominant/Recessive Mendelian Genetics!

I didn't buy Sims 3 because of this reason, and I won't buy Sims 4 either if it lacks it as well.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:27 PM
I don't care when it comes to height.
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 12:58 AM
Nothing can make me buy instantly because I don't believe what they say or show. They showed us bars, clubs, parks, resorts filled with sims but in my game those places were pretty much empty all the time. I thought the paparazzi would be more like in the images they showed, like couple of them taking photos of celebrities after an event or something or making interviews with them. But all I got was a stalker dressed like a freak using my pool. There are plenty of stuff like these that they lied about.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 2:42 AM
Hmm.. to be honest, the gameplay doesn't really influence my tendency to buy the game.

I mean, why do people diss the emotion thing so much? I'd buy the game for that. I know there more essential element needed such as CASt or height slider. But I really like to see the new thing they offer us now.

Every game and EPs they release surely has something new in it. That's what I am looking forward to, I don't mind about the rabbit hole, or not having CASt and height slider, though it'll be nice if they add those. But still, The Sims 4, new graphic, new ui, new hairs, new clothes, new ideas. Even though the gameplay would be the same, but for all the new element in the sims game, I'd buy it.

I once teared up seeing the screen caps once because it's just that beautiful. All these excitement, the anticipation, at the end of the day, you had buy it anyway.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 4:52 AM Last edited by Gutterfly : 27th Oct 2013 at 5:03 AM.
Height differences ARE important, even if it's just a percentage chance on whether a Sim grows again on his/her Young Adult birthday. Preferably with a genetic propensity, so that if both parents don't grow on the YA birthday their offspring are a percentage more likely not to either, and vice versa. I.m.o that is the bare minimum! Two sets of animations. The adult Sim height is more than representative of the tall end of the typical height range in real life, and the teen height is representative of the shorter end of the typical height range. (In fact, height ingame is overgenerous compared to the supposed average 5'10 male / 5'4 female in the US/UK, which is above average for Earth.) Although I don't agree with the following, I am willing to accept that it might be too challenging for them to implement serious height differences such as those seen in the human population, but I can't believe they're showing no sign of meeting us halfway. The leap for TS3 was their willingness to represent the entire weight range that is humanly possible (IIRC - admittedly I do use slider hacks), but nothing yet for height? Yeah, it's harder, but it wouldn't be as hard if from the outset there had been some effort to implement this. The real issue is that no one is seriously voicing their underrepresentation in the game. Plenty complained about the bodily proportions of Sims in TS2, and mods were made to represent people of bigger build (but were nowhere near as big as the Sims that are possible in TS3). People are rightfully up in arms about the lack of curly/frizzy textured hair in the game, regardless of their own genetic characteristics. We have patiently understood that it is difficult, but once again, the modders have come through. It should not have taken practically until the end of the game's lifespan to achieve - it should have been in the game. Where is the outrage about everyone in TS3 being 6ft? I'm rather bloody tall for a woman and even I find it unnerving, and have to resort to slider abuse. Sure, some people will argue that the game is supposed to be idealised, but whose ideals are we talking about? One has to be careful not to offend others, and arguably EA was the opposite of careful with its handling of hair texture which is a serious and current political issue for African Americans if not elsewhere. It's just "too difficult" to represent people without bias, or you judged the market preemptively and hoped we the players would stay quiet? Token height difference in TS4 please.

And to anyone (EA or content authorities most likely) who says interactions between short and tall Sims will aid paedophiles - get real. The game is pretty much PG, and until somesuch unlikely changes are made, it's a laughable concept that this would be anyone's preferred hardcore material.
Instructor
#31 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:39 AM
one player game, with total control. I can choose free will or turn it off.

I know we'd like all age groups represented. They probably won't be, because they would have to get creative with what to do with each age group...EA should come here to see how this can be done. So the next best thing would be no extreme aging, and for me that's always been adult to elder. Do I dislike other forms of extreme aging yes, but I try to have it in head that just because a child is a teen, doesn't mean they automatically can drive or wear make up. Also YA should be an optional age to go college, but still can play YA's if they choose not to go.

Accountability. If many people are having same glitch and bug problems and mods from other sites can find the problem, then so can EA. Fix things as soon as there are problems showing up. The first week that Sims 4 will be very telling at how they will deal with such issues.

The best items, clothing and hair should be in the the game. If people want to add from the Store- which is not going anywhere- than so be it. Unlike, some online games that we can play for free, we have to pay for cooler items. But not with the Sims 4, since we buy the game, the best things should be in the game. How about selling the ugly hair and clothes in the Store, then maybe EA will stop doing making them? If they are attempting to add period clothing, actually take the time to know what was fashionable. And somethings shouldn't be multiple colours: ape suits, knight clothing, ninja wear. Or add other colours to the Store!!

No online, sorry to others that want it, but once the door is opened, there's no going back.

Being able to control and play multiple families. Nothing happens in any household when I'm not playing them.

I don't need to follow my Sims to everything, however community lots are a place of actions and play-no rabbit holes for these places. Now if my Sims that I'm not currently playing, but show up at such community lots, i don't mind free will in those situations, they can be entertaining.

If the game is rated Teen, I don't want a game designed for ten years old. Dumb it down? Why? Not that ten year old's are dumb. I'm just saying A Sims game is to me something that is ongoing. I still have an attention span, and don't mind having my Sims learn skills in a couple of days-although smart juice and the helmet can come back! Sorry Sims 3 people if you don't know my references, I'm a Sims 1 & 2 player. But, what I've I read about Sims 3, everything is easy to attain. I like the early skills easy to learn, but get difficult a long the way. If I'm bored of a Sims game when it first comes out and with ep's, then my blame is on EA. Because I shouldn't be bored, I should be exploring and learning new things all the time. If I'm bored my guess is that graphics emphasis outweighed the game playing. If I'm not in awe by my Sims and what your creative geniuses ( not a slap to the designers, I know you're being told what to make) were able to come up with...something else was replaced with it. Graphics? Extreme crying? If I'm not laughing at the thought put into the personalities, interactions and antics. Then, I'm not going to enjoy playing the game.

I've heard about the burrito babies, they are probably like Sims 1 one babies. However, after Sims 2 babies. I expect arms and legs. I'd like it if they went further by giving them some clothing options, blankets, toys, singing, playing and being able to hand them to anyone that is a family member, but not living in the household. Also, hair or no hair, surprise us!!

I get it Sims have emotions now...they already did, but I digress. If Sims have more emotions and less interactions with all ages of Sims, then what the Hell is the point?

At the end of the day, what will get me to buy Sims 4? Respect for longtime players, appreciating our thoughts and feedback. EA, you will get new players. Sure you are focused on the younger set. But remember many Sims players either have grown up with the series or came to it as adults. Adults, should be your focus and who you should be trying to impress. You're trying to keep up with times and tends, fine. But you don't have to do everything to keep up, you have a built in fan base, whom don't want the Sims to be like any other game out there. That's why it's special. Treat it that way. You may seem to have realized this, if you have set the release date back six months. But, this all could of been avoided, if you did your research in the first place.

We are creative and an eclectic bunch of people, with many different backgrounds. We have talented mod and fashion/hair designers, and top notch builders. Check other forums, you find them there as well. Some things can't be thought out in a boardroom, sometimes you have to actually go to your consumers and see what ideas are wanted. If you do this you will get your money and we will get our game. Ignore us, then say good bye to many longtime players. And just hope the younger kids coming up are even interested in a rather non violent game, that takes some thought and patience.

Oh and if Sims 4 is only sold as digital downloads, I won't bother at all!!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 8:42 AM Last edited by HarVee : 27th Oct 2013 at 9:07 AM.
If that's all it takes to make you purchase something, than I fear that you are the most easiest persuaded customer any business has ever seen. As for me I'd need a lot more than that. Nothing yet has convinced me this title is even worth acknowledging.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 2:36 PM
One thing?

A fantastic game.

Don't have much faith in The Sims franchise anymore but am naïve enough to think that someday, my plumbbob will turn green again.

Been playing since 2000
Ex-Moderator of Swedish Official site: TheSims.se (closed in 2011)
Admin of Sims UnCut

Follow: twitter.com/denkert
Alchemist
#34 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
Being able to control and play multiple families. Nothing happens in any household when I'm not playing them.

Only if that would be optional. I like the way the rest of the town goes about their business on their own in Sims 3 and I definitely do not want the Sims 2 style forced upon me. So, make it an option to choose from for both type of players.

Quote:
Respect for longtime players, appreciating our thoughts and feedback. ... But remember many Sims players either have grown up with the series or came to it as adults. Adults, should be your focus and who you should be trying to impress.

This I agree with wholeheartedly.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gutterfly
And to anyone (EA or content authorities most likely) who says interactions between short and tall Sims will aid paedophiles - get real. The game is pretty much PG, and until somesuch unlikely changes are made, it's a laughable concept that this would be anyone's preferred hardcore material.

... that's seriously a concern? Wow, better watch my back, I've been dating a lot of short guys recently
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
A moneyback guarantee if it turns out to be shit.

Dude you made my day!
Thanks!!

Today I stepped on a corn flake, now I'm a CEREAL killer!!!!
:P
Forum Resident
#37 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 11:27 AM
the one thing that would make me buy this game instantly would be sock puppets.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 5:46 PM
I'd purchase the game within a blink of the eye if there was an interaction to impress other Sims by balancing a vacuum on your face.

In fact, although it's not one thing, I think EA should include all of the humorous and creative interactions with objects and sims from all previous Sims games.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 3:27 AM
The humor of the Sims 1, genetics of the Sims 2 and Twallen's story progression. And decent clothes for God's sake! Who dresses them?
Site Helper
#40 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
The humor of the Sims 1, genetics of the Sims 2 and Twallen's story progression. And decent clothes for God's sake! Who dresses them?
That's the one thing that would make you buy the game?
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
one player game, with total control. I can choose free will or turn it off.... Being able to control and play multiple families. Nothing happens in any household when I'm not playing them.

Completely agree. I create a family with a stay at home mom, or dad, go to another household, and come back to find they're Leader of the Free World?!!! Not to mention, their bank account went from $2000 to $14000. So much for the "struggling" story I mentally made out for them. I grew sick of having to make them quit and then delete their funds EVERY TIME I went to the house. I can't stand money hand outs. I still have a grudge against Mr. Humble. Damn you Mr. Humble... damn you.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 4:19 PM
While it is just fine that your sims live their lives when not playing them, it should be possible to have options here, maybe individual for each household to determine what they'd be doing. Obviously sims that arent employed shouldnt suddenly be employed if you don't want them to.

In one house I had people locked up in the basement for example, with their own fridge, bed and such but when I switched to another house, they where suddenly walking around the street and had jobs. They where science experiments.. and they had jobs. The great evil vampire sealed in that laboratory was working as a stylist...

Another time I had a family of farmers.. and later I found all of them working at the fire department. Including the grandma of the family.
Scholar
#43 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
In one house I had people locked up in the basement for example, with their own fridge, bed and such but when I switched to another house, they where suddenly walking around the street and had jobs. They where science experiments.. and they had jobs. The great evil vampire sealed in that laboratory was working as a stylist...

Another time I had a family of farmers.. and later I found all of them working at the fire department. Including the grandma of the family.

Speaking of which, has anybody ever noticed that the skills/traits a sim has doesn't seem to be taken into account at all when they're assigned a job? If there's an open world/story progression in The Sims 4, I would like it to be a little bit more intuitive, you know?

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 6:50 AM Last edited by TullyKat1 : 8th Nov 2013 at 8:26 AM.
Value for money!

That EA stops railroading every good aspect of the game through the Store and get sensible about the Store pricing. Good value base and EP’s and that third party CC’s stay free and we can still download from the creators own sites.

Really whatever they put in the game is nothing if to get it is going to cost you an arm and a leg to play it.

This would totally burn me off even starting to invest in the game because it is no more a fun pastime when you have to budget to get a set of furniture in the right grain of wood.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#45 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:52 AM
The one thing that would make me buy the game instantly? A frontal lobotomy.

I don't buy any game instantly, anymore, even the ones that pique my interest. I wait until reviews come in, see what technical issues crop up, etc, and THEN buy.

And the Sims 4 doesn't even look all that great to me.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 9:17 AM
I'd gues only rockstar and netherrealm studios could get me to want to buy a game at the day of release due to the quality of their last few releases.

Probably the only developers I still have faith in. Quite special with netherrealm studios actually because they released a string of poor games before making an epic come back with the last Mortal Kombat game, and capitalised on it with Injustice: gods amongst us.
It's very rare to see a developer make a come back like that, usually they tend to release games of decreasing quality untill the studio ceases to exist. I can't really name another example of a studio that made such a come back.
Inventor
#47 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 1:16 PM
@ Butch Sims , I like the way you think dude , see post 7 here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502688 for additional lobotomy references.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:06 PM
The one thing: to make it working flawlessly with all what is in sims/sims2/sims3. No more CTD no more freeze no more stupid story progression no more patches, all smoothly.

Sit back and do your homework EA. i can wait 5 years to have emotions and 5 more for the "One thing that would make me buy the game instantly"
Mad Poster
#49 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:23 PM
I'd rather have a couple of extra life stages than height. Tweens (10-13 y), and something between toddler and child (4-6 y). That would sort out the height problems I've had in my game. The jumps between toddler & child, and child & teen are always tricky when it comes to storytelling. They either look too old or too young.

As for height, I'd rather wish for a stretchskeleton cheat that actually works (something along the lines of the one in TS2, instead of the horrible version we got in TS3). I don't mind my sims being equal height, and if I do mind once in a while, that cheat is handy (unless I'm playing TS3, of course).

I also want smooth gameplay. I don't like the story pogression (I like to be in full control), and I want to play as many households as I want (TS2 style) in an open neighborhood (TS3 style) with the ability for moving sims in and out after my own liking without losing them or having to save as a new game (TS2). How hard can it be?
Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gubidik
Nothing can make me buy instantly because I don't believe what they say or show. [snipped quote] There are plenty of stuff like these that they lied about.

Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
The one thing that would make me buy the game instantly? A frontal lobotomy.
[snipped quote]
And the Sims 4 doesn't even look all that great to me.

Shady marketing and past practices make me go right along with the above simmers. Can't think of one darn tooting thing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 2 of 3