Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st May 2014 at 4:37 PM
I love The Sims so much, but we are missing someone who would like to make her?
Attached Images

Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 8:55 AM
I have come to the conclusion that I may need to get some game mod after all. But since I'm kinda a new to the world of mods could someone give me direct links to those most helpfull. I'm looking for something that would help me which households easier and give me more power to manage my townies life, marriages, births etc. I know where to get Nraas's mods, but don't really know which ones I should get.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 5:07 PM
You should get Nraas just because he has everything. I personally use Woohooer just so I can have teen prenegcy and one night stands. That's really all I have besides Story Progression and Master Controller.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaughterofHades1313
You should get Nraas just because he has everything. I personally use Woohooer just so I can have teen prenegcy and one night stands. That's really all I have besides Story Progression and Master Controller.

Everybody needs Error Trap and Overwatch from there. The bugs those two prevent/fix can totally break your game. Without overwatch one of my sims would have lost her father when he won that free vacation.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I have come to the conclusion that I may need to get some game mod after all. But since I'm kinda a new to the world of mods could someone give me direct links to those most helpfull. I'm looking for something that would help me which households easier and give me more power to manage my townies life, marriages, births etc. I know where to get Nraas's mods, but don't really know which ones I should get.

Nraas' Master Controller has an option that will allow you to click on a Sim and select 'Make Active'. It's a little bit faster then switching via map via. Current promises and Lifetime wish progress will be lost though. The Nraas' Dreamcatcher mod preserves them, however, when I was using it I lagged heavily.

As for controlling townies, Nraas' Story Progression has lots of settings for what allowed in your town, so is definitely another one worth checking out.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 7:37 PM
I agree with the Nraas story progression mod mentions and the woohooer mod. They make one night stands, teenage pregnancy, and vaguely responsible sims possible. Without the story progression on, my sims frequently don't bother to get jobs, and sell off their furniture instead of working. Story progression also prevent sims from randomly adopting pets if you have the pets expansion. Before the story progression mod, there was a family that adopted 3 horses, 2 cats, and had 5 birds. It was complete mayhem because no one in the family even liked horses or bothered to feed them.
Instructor
#32 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:18 PM
Ones I honestly couldn't play the game without anymore are Story Progression, The woohooer and Relativity (these are all from https://nraas.wikispaces.com/)

Story progression basically turns story progression into what it was really meant to be. Sims in your neighbourhood will actually move out, get married, have children etc. on their own. I know some people don't really like the sims in their neighbourhood doing this but if you're like me and want your neighbourhood to feel more "alive" then it's a must-have. It's also completely customisable.

The Woohooer. This gives you a LOT of different options to do with woohoo. It's also introduces teen pregnancy and teen-adult relationships which is amazing.

Relativity allows you to make the in game clock move slower/faster. This is highly customisable too. I normally run mine at 0.5 times the normal speed This allows you to do more things with your sim without fighting the clock.
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:47 AM
Are there any other mods other than Nraas mods that optimize gameplay/fix game-breaking bugs?
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:06 AM
Nraas Industries. i use AntiMagicScroll, Consigner, Hybrid, MasterController, Mover, OnceRead, Register, Relativity, StoryProgression, Traveler, and of course, Overwatch
Instructor
#35 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:02 PM
Be careful with story progression, it slows down my game even when I have it turned off. The same happens with relativity. I like Saver, because I always forget to save my game while I'm playing, so it's just better all the way around if it asks me every 30 minutes.
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:58 AM
I have play the sims 3 for 7 hours without problem. i have all EP & SP (except katy perry). i use most of NRAAS and a lot of Mod from this site. also a lot of store item, custom hair, clothes, sim, etc.. and my game is very smooth.. only freeze between 2:59 AM until 3:10 AM sim hour (Overwatch).. my laptop is just mid-end laptop. before i play, i always delete cache, world cache, and file in DC Backup.. i just can't play in isla paradiso, beacause lag and freeze for every sim hour.. sorry for bad english.
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:14 PM
I think the Lip Fatness slider is a must have!
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 10:30 PM
Some of my bookmarked links:
http://www.aroundthesims3.com/infos/links.html
[This page links out to tons of custom content sites, mods sites and various Sims related things]

http://dsims3.com/
[Fantasy related custom content - It's a bit hard to navigate, but has some really cool stuff]

http://www.thesimsresource.com/
Field Researcher
#39 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 1:10 PM
I'd like to add my vote to all posters recommending Nraas Overwatch + ErrorTrap; these two mods are godsends! Even if one does not like using mods for CCs, one is *strongly* recommended to use these two, just because they make TS3 much more playable. Those 'touched' by Twallan's generous & masterful work would definitely agree with this tribute for Twallan on Archivist Comics.

Quote: Originally posted by polmar_poll_hehe
I have play the sims 3 for 7 hours without problem. i have all EP & SP (except katy perry). i use most of NRAAS and a lot of Mod from this site. also a lot of store item, custom hair, clothes, sim, etc.. and my game is very smooth.. only freeze between 2:59 AM until 3:10 AM sim hour (Overwatch).. my laptop is just mid-end laptop. before i play, i always delete cache, world cache, and file in DC Backup.. i just can't play in isla paradiso, beacause lag and freeze for every sim hour.. sorry for bad english.

@ellacharmed had kindly shared IslaParadiso.world with many resources fixed. Have you tried it?

Your saves will not be fixed, sadly. You'll have to export your family to the bin and start a new game.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 3:06 AM Last edited by .-. : 29th Dec 2014 at 9:24 AM.
I'd suggest TheSimsResource. It's the easiest site (I'm not very good at downloading things ) for me to download CC from. As for mods, I use mastercontroller and storyprogression from Nraas.
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:21 AM
Thank you for all the advice, I have been playing Sims 3 for a year but I read a lot about Sims 3 before I even got the base game, mainly the Sims 3 Wikia and Carl's Sims 3 Blog. I first found Sims 3 by watching a house building video and Let's Play by Curtis Perry on Youtube. Anyway I have never used Mods but I have used TestingCheatsEnabled and the other cheats scripted into the game, so I am reading up on Mods because I want to try Nraas mods. :D
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Koolkat1573
Thank you for all the advice, I have been playing Sims 3 for a year but I read a lot about Sims 3 before I even got the base game, mainly the Sims 3 Wikia and Carl's Sims 3 Blog. I first found Sims 3 by watching a house building video and Let's Play by Curtis Perry on Youtube. Anyway I have never used Mods but I have used TestingCheatsEnabled and the other cheats scripted into the game, so I am reading up on Mods because I want to try Nraas mods. :D

You should definitely try the Nraas Relativity mod.
I can't play without this.

It enables you to change how fast the minutes go in game. I set mine to 0.3 of the normal speed during the day, so in the 1 hour while my sim is waiting for the work car pool she can get up, use the bathroom, have breakfast, and sometimes even play with her dog/cat.

It's just awesome.
:lovestruc

Without this mod she takes one hour to climb out of bed and walk downstairs. When she sits down on the toilet, the carpool is already there... Not nice.
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:44 PM
Just a quick tip...

GET ANYTHING THAT REPLACES THE VANILLA HAIR, EA AND MAXIS SUCK WITH TEXTURES AND DESIGNS IN GENERAL. ALSO DOWNLOAD SKIN TEXTURES.
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:15 AM
I don't use mods but my game turns out just fine
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:19 AM
There's SO MANY mods I can't see my game working without.

Firstly, if you like to make diverse sims with realistic prognathism, epicanthic folds and stuff you need facial sliders. So when i first got the game I kept trying to make a selfsim and nothing was ever right; the nose and stuff was not as africanized as I'd like, got me some custom sliders and bam!
I'm really visually exacting so I also have body sliders like butt rotate, butt fullness etc cause my sims can't all have the same ass.

Someone just released an amputee mod; another great must have for a realistic, DIVERSE game.

I also have awesomemod to go along with my diversity. It prevents all my new townies in empty games from having face template one. I spent a lot of time making diverse sims and I like my townies to reflect that. This mod brings it.

I have nraas Master controller to manager the death and the occult types, woohooer, and story progression (awesomemod story SP off; config).

And a lot of other stuff I can't think of at this moment.
Instructor
#46 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 3:38 PM Last edited by *_Drew~ : 12th Jul 2015 at 8:19 PM.
Thank you so much guys for your useful posts! I was going to open a new thread asking for "must have Sims 3 mods" =D
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:48 PM
Defintely Nthing everyone who's recommended mods from NRaas so far! Everyone else has already beaten me to the punch, and I have more NRaas mods installed than I can succinctly talk about, so here's a few mods I haven't really seen mentioned here:

-Velocitygrass' SOMPA and Add Any Lot Size mods, which are both gonna save you a lot of headaches when it comes to editing your houses, neighborhoods and Sims
-Buzz's building mods
Field Researcher
#48 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 3:06 PM
I use a lot of Mods, Nraas Mods are my favorite. But i also use Razer Cortex Game Booster. It will really help the game run more smoother. It's free and you have the option to save games in there cloud. You do need to make an account after downloading but it's free. I love it.

http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster

Happy-Go-Lucky
Mad Poster
#49 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 8:57 PM
I am very late to the party, and will join you shortly. Yes, I will still enjoy my Sims 2 game, but after ten years, the time has come to finally give Sims 3 a try. And Sims 4 just still ain't doing it for me at this point. Maybe I'll work with that in another ten years. My setup will be pretty basic ... just the base, Late NIght and High End Loft, but I think it fairly common knowledge that one good way to better experience a Sims game is to have at least one EP.

I confess to having taken a peek at NRAAS a few times, and the problem is there are so many cool mods to work with there that it may be hard for me to choose! Not that this is a complaint, mind you! So having a short list of essential fixes and making-the-game more playable fixes at the get-go isn't a bad thing. I know from the Sims 2 forums that new players found it extremely useful. Strange that I'll be on that end now with Sims 3.

As far as I know, many, many people enjoy both games on one computer without any problems. So hopefully, I'll be one of them. Thanks again for the info here!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:48 PM
Overwatch, Errortrap, and Saver are absolutely required for a first timer to avoid bugs. Anyway, mods here are great!
Page 2 of 3