Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 8:35 PM
Default Can this possibly be true? (confirming a rumor)
I heard the sims 4 will run better than the sims 3 and demand less resources from computers. Do you think they are telling the truth? From what I saw, graphics look better than the ones in sims 3, so I have my doubts.

I'm asking this because I do not know if I should allow mywself to get excited, or forget about playing it, as my pc can barely run half the expansions of sims 3.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 8:37 PM
It's true. Ryan had even confirmed it months ago. The game will run on older and less powerful computers just fine.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:33 PM
Weeeeell, yes, technically, Ryan did confirm this. However, I will believe it when I see it, because as we all know, we were told similar things about Sims 3's performance, and we know that the specs listed on the back of the box, like the cake, are a lie.
just a girl
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:52 PM
As I remember, when it comes to that point they say they haven't specified technical requirements yet, but trying to make it run on older and less powerful computers.

I might be wrong.
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
From what I saw, graphics look better than the ones in sims 3, .

That's a matter of opinion
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
That's a matter of opinion

It is not. You can clearly see the pudding faces are gone, and the homes and furniture look better polished.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:16 PM
lol well we heard the same thing for TS3 and it was an outright lie then too. Go on, EA, pull the other one.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:17 PM
It is not. You can clearly see the pudding faces are gone, and the homes and furniture look better polished.

It's still a matter of opinion. I happen to have a different opinion that's just as valid as yours or anyone else's
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:26 PM
It's still a matter of opinion. I happen to have a different opinion that's just as valid as yours or anyone else's

Yours is the funniest reaction ever. Someone disagreeing with you? Tell them them "it is just your opinion".

Can I ask you to look at this, please? Pretty good for an alpha stage. Even pretty good for a finished game, if you ask me. I will take anything that I can run in my computer.

Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:49 PM
Yours is the funniest reaction ever. Someone disagreeing with you? Tell them them "it is just your opinion".

It's no different than some people think TS2 is a better game than T3 and vice versa. They're all opinions. As far as what the game currently looks like, I'll wait for some actual game play video before making a determination. Pictures can and most often in video games in the 21st century be deceiving. The fact that "you'll take anything that you can run on your computer" tells me you'll like it no matter what the finished product looks or plays like. EA loves people like you.
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:37 PM
It's no different than some people think TS2 is a better game than T3 and vice versa. They're all opinions. As far as what the game currently looks like, I'll wait for some actual game play video before making a determination. Pictures can and most often in video games in the 21st century be deceiving. The fact that "you'll take anything that you can run on your computer" tells me you'll like it no matter what the finished product looks or plays like. EA loves people like you.

Well, you are wrong in there. I'm pretty picky. It is just that english is not my language, so sometimes things come out differently when I translate them. I meant that if the features are good enough, I will take the game regardless of how bad the graphics look. No DRM is a must, also. Even worse if it is invasive.
I apologize for bad translations.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:40 PM
I say this much adout this working on any pc old and new, I'll believe it when I say it!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#13 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:06 PM
(...) No DRM is a must, also. Even worse if it is invasive.
(...)
Well, if forced Origin dependency does not figure as invasive DRM in your book, then I guess you'll be fine
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:13 PM

Can I ask you to look at this, please? Pretty good for an alpha stage. Even pretty good for a finished game, if you ask me. I will take anything that I can run in my computer.

I actually gotta agree with Kenny on this. Whether you like the new graphics or not is a matter of opinion and I for one don't like what I've seen so far. I've managed to make better looking Sims than that on TS3 without any CC.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:48 PM
He is in no way saying that machines that could barely run Sims 3 are now going to be able to run Sims 4. No way.

This is the quote:

Quote:
"We're really excited to say that players on lower-end machines are going to have a much better experience on The Sims 4 than they did with The Sims 3," producer Ryan Vaughn told Digital Spy at Gamescom.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma...3/1100-6413584/

Since the minimum system specs listed by the manufacturer are set by the manufacturer, in this case EA, it could mean nothing more than they are printing more accurate and honest minimum system requirements than they did last time.

When he says "lower end machines" he has to be referring to the minimum system spec machines in 2014 for Sims 4. He is saying today's lower end machines will run the game better than lower end machines did in 2010 for Sims 3. In other words, your powerful machine from 2009 that ran Sims 3 fine may or may not be able to handle Sims 4, it might now be considered a lower end machine four years later, in 2014. Your lower end machine from 2009 that could barely run Sims 3 probably won't be able to handle Sims 4. That is the nature of the beast in the PC game world, when you are talking 3D games.

Quote:
Vaughn explained that Maxis understands that not all its players are running high-end machines and said the developer is optimizing the game to ensure players on all rigs are satisfied.

"Right now we're doing a lot of work to optimize the game's performance, cut down on loading screens, and make sure everything still looks as beautiful, the Sims feel as vibrant, and that your gameplay is just as much fun regardless of what spec you're playing on," he said.

Given the vagueness of the quote and the lack of any specific technical details, there is nothing to be excited about. Believe me, if EA had discovered some miraculous technical breakthrough that would make a technically demanding, resource intensive 3D game targeted for a 2014 release run beautifully on a bunch of obsolete hardware from 2010, they would be shouting it from the rooftops and their investor conference calls.

I see nothing here but a misinterpreted PR quote.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
lol well we heard the same thing for TS3 and it was an outright lie then too. Go on, EA, pull the other one.

Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Weeeeell, yes, technically, Ryan did confirm this. However, I will believe it when I see it, because as we all know, we were told similar things about Sims 3's performance, and we know that the specs listed on the back of the box, like the cake, are a lie.

Quote: Originally posted by sonyablue
Given the vagueness of the quote and the lack of any specific technical details, there is nothing to be excited about. Believe me, if EA had discovered some miraculous technical breakthrough that would make a technically demanding, resource intensive 3D game targeted for a 2014 release run beautifully on a bunch of obsolete hardware from 2010, they would be shouting it from the rooftops and their investor conference calls.

After going through 3 series, this is a lesson learned and remembered fully by me. I take these PR statements with a grain of salt. Especially after Sims 3.

I meant that if the features are good enough, I will take the game regardless of how bad the graphics look.

This is what they (EA) are banking on. After the Sims 3, hopefully Sims fans will buy this series just on their boast about playability. Hope the best for you, however I have no faith in this. Your translation came across well.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 10:50 PM
Lets hope they make it work in computers like mine. I mean, I can even run the wolf among us, so I guess it is not no so bad after all.

Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 4:11 AM
I don't understand why anyone would want Sims 4 to run on a low end computer? wouldn't you prefer that the game was better? I would rather have to upgrade my computer and know that I'm getting a decent game on a decent computer. It makes me mad that all the people who refuse to get into the 21st century and get even half decent computers get considered in the game making process. Thus proving even more that EA are only out for the money.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anongirlxx
I don't understand why anyone would want Sims 4 to run on a low end computer? wouldn't you prefer that the game was better? I would rather have to upgrade my computer and know that I'm getting a decent game on a decent computer. It makes me mad that all the people who refuse to get into the 21st century and get even half decent computers get considered in the game making process. Thus proving even more that EA are only out for the money.

Riiiight.. because money magically grows on trees and the sole reason that people don't have amazingly fast computers is simply because people are too lazy to go out and buy them.

Seriously, what are you - some rich prick that expects everyone to make enough money to afford high-end computers?

I do agree with the notion that you should have a somewhat decent laptop or computer if you plan on gaming (assuming you can afford it, anyhow), but if you genuinely think that everyone has that kind of money to toss around like it's nothing, then you need a serious reality check.
Alchemist
#20 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynic
Riiiight.. because money magically grows on trees and the sole reason that people don't have amazingly fast computers is simply because people are too lazy to go out and buy them.

Seriously, what are you - some rich prick that expects everyone to make enough money to afford high-end computers?

I do agree with the notion that you should have a somewhat decent laptop or computer if you plan on gaming (assuming you can afford it, anyhow), but if you genuinely think that everyone has that kind of money to toss around like it's nothing, then you need a serious reality check.

You don't need expensive high end computers to run the average game in 2014, but those old Pentium 4's just aren't going to cut it. This is a $500 computer that will run most 2014 games

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pavilion-desktop-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/1682356.p?id=1219060353967&skuId=1682356&st=categoryid$pcmcat212600050008&cp=1&lp=1
Inventor
#21 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 12:56 PM
I believe they are reducing the game requirements to let people buy more EPs and SPs, because at least 90% of people [I have seen] complains about the game performance and graphic issues after installing new expansion pack in TS3.
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anongirlxx

And what would you do if you simply could not afford a new computer? Not everyone is born into the Rotchild family.

I would prefer a game with worse graphics, but kirky and with a good sense of humour, like sims 1. Remember the magic duels, the phone calls, the pet contests? That is a good game.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonyablue

The only "miraculous technical breakthrough" they made was removing Create-A-Style. That might help the game's performance a bit.

But yeah, it's common for game previews to promise the moon, then when the game ships, they're like, "LOL whoops we ran out of time."
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 2:53 PM
Good games don't mean latest graphics of course.
I think that the game looking like a mix between the sims 2 and the sims 3 should be fine. Let's focus more on the gameplay.
just a girl
#25 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 3:03 PM
Quote:
The only "miraculous technical breakthrough" they made was removing Create-A-Style.

Um. Did they confirm they removed it? As I remember all they said is that they have not yet decided to add Create-A-Style or not. Oh, don't tell me they decided not to
Page 1 of 6