Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 15th May 2014 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I suggest you rewatch it

Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
Or, here's an even better idea! Instead of being vague and having an "ugh do it yourself" type of attitude when I'm really in no mood to go stare at every single clip of footage for almost 5 minutes, you could... Oh, I don't know, maybe actually show me which part is supposedly having a disclaimer on it (besides the one I pointed out)?

I can't read your mind, you know.

Calm down, boys and girls. This isn't the Real Housewives of Modthesims.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 15th May 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Calm down, boys and girls. This isn't the Real Housewives of Modthesims.

...Can it be Real HouseSims instead?

But yeah, whupsies. I'll calm down, sorry!
Alchemist
#28 Old 15th May 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
...Can it be Real HouseSims instead?

But yeah, whupsies. I'll calm down, sorry!

Absolutely!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th May 2014 at 7:59 AM Last edited by gazania : 16th May 2014 at 8:18 AM.
I can see many moments saying to myself, "&^%$ it. I over-sculpted again. Should have left that last attempt alone."

Also I wonder how this will translate re genetics. I do hope we see some Sim children born to Sims in-game.

And that gameplay at the end was so dramatic with the hand gestures. This "Emotions!" bit still reminds me of "Overacting Theater".

But perhaps I'm being too critical. I'm still waiting to see more gameplay.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th May 2014 at 8:39 AM
I'm interested to see if you can somehow "save" the sculpting that you did. I'm also interested in *how* they've done this behind the scenes, but thats a much more technical discussion.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#31 Old 16th May 2014 at 9:45 AM
You mean save a sim as a template Delphy? I was thinking when reading Gazania's post that Ctrl-Z will probably allow you to go back a few steps if you need to.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#32 Old 16th May 2014 at 10:07 AM
I'm still hoping for a Bodyshop-type program where we can save our sims. Something with a few more features than the TS2 Bodyshop, so a third party program isn't needed to extract in-game sims.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 16th May 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim

TS4 Bella's skin tone seems a bit off to me. Wasn't she darker in TS1? I don't know why she keeps getting lighter and lighter with each incarnation of the game.

She was tan in Sims 1 (only 3 types), she was med. in Sims 2 (#3 of the 4 normal types) and back to tan in Sims 3 and she looks tan to me in Sims 4.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#34 Old 16th May 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I'm still hoping for a Bodyshop-type program where we can save our sims. Something with a few more features than the TS2 Bodyshop, so a third party program isn't needed to extract in-game sims.

Bella has vitiligo... Like Michael Jackson

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 16th May 2014 at 6:11 PM
I still can't understand what some people have against the game. They write that the game is crap on every post they can. I mean, if you don't like the game don't buy it and dont look for the news on it. Your opinion doesn't have to be heard by whole world.
Alchemist
#36 Old 16th May 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsBreyers
Bella has vitiligo... Like Michael Jackson

Now that makes a lot more sense. She just keeps getting lighter and lighter.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 16th May 2014 at 10:48 PM
Oh, another CAS video?

It does seem pretty neat how much you can edit your sim. They look so detailed and realistic!

I really want to see more gameplay footage though.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th May 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Your opinion doesn't have to be heard by whole world.

Errr .... wouldn't that include both positive and negative opinions? Theoretically. no one's opinions here are that sacrosanct that the world needs to see them here.

As far as I know, as long as we follow forum rules and don't attack people for wanting this game, we're good. And while this might be a long shot, both positive and negative opinions might provide some sort of feedback to EA. Let's just say that an event or two that happened in the last year has convinced me that someone from EA takes a glance at large forums like these every once in a long while. Demographics on spreadsheets and powerpoint presented by those involved with the Sims' development are fine, but opinions from fans like us, both good and bad, could help as well.

If a particular poster ... even yours truly ... is raining on your parade, there is fortunately an "ignore" button on these forums, and you can ignore the offending party for a while. You'd have to click on the poster's name.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 16th May 2014 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
As far as I know, as long as we follow forum rules and don't attack people for wanting this game, we're good. And while this might be a long shot, both positive and negative opinions might provide some sort of feedback to EA. Let's just say that an event or two that happened in the last year has convinced me that someone from EA takes a glance at large forums like these every once in a long while. Demographics on spreadsheets and powerpoint presented by those involved with the Sims' development are fine, but opinions from fans like us, both good and bad, could help as well.

Yeah, pretty sure forum rules don't say we have to be EA's cheerleaders. The worst that can happen is they completely ignore us. The best? They glance over the threads and see that people are angry about stuff that's gone (like CASt, for a start) and worried other potentially dealbreaking stuff will be missing, and start making an effort to make us want the game by reassuring us that pools are there and offering new ways to recolour things. If all they hear is "yay it's wonderful, shut up and take my money" then there's no incentive to change what they're doing.

(EA, if you're reading this, my dealbreakers are still lack of car animations and baby limbs.)
Forum Resident
#40 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:15 PM
So, I'm guessing TS4 takes place before TS1? Because Bella and Mortimer seem like a newlywed couple or something, especially since we haven't seen Cassandra anywhere.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
So, I'm guessing TS4 takes place before TS1? Because Bella and Mortimer seem like a newlywed couple or something, especially since we haven't seen Cassandra anywhere.

If they really are in the game and not just for showing off Create-A-Sim, I think it takes place after TS1 (and therefore TS3) at least. The dev mentions that Mortimer is older now.
Scholar
#42 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:28 PM Last edited by 9b8ll : 17th May 2014 at 9:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I still can't understand what some people have against the game. They write that the game is crap on every post they can. I mean, if you don't like the game don't buy it and don't look for the news on it.

Sorry for the TL;dr warning but this needs to be said.

It's not that people here; I can't say the rest outside of here have only concerns and constructive suggestions. Not " OMFG SIMS 4 SUX MONKY BALLZ!!" , "SIMS 3 FO LIFE, WESTSIDE!!!" , "SIMS 4 DROOL,Sims 3 RULZ, so suck ma plumbob!!" or "Screw you Sim 4, YOU ARE ALL LOZERS, LOL!!! XD" or any absurd crazy spouting before judging the game. Yes it is true that you should not judge anything by its cover but people are going to speculate no matter what the odds are. Personally, while I love some good stuff like CAS, an adult Bella Goth returning and don't mind the graphics that much but, I still have some concerns about how the gameplay will work in general and How will it easier to create CC anything; CC tools for that matter. Not to mention that there is no news so far about any custom swatches or if you can import them in the game because CAST is out which is a huge bummer not for me but most simmers that I've seen in the comments here. In LGR's Thoughts about the game he said in one of his YouTube comments stating that, getting rid of CAST or not enable to have a color wheel is very unacceptable for a 2014 game and I fully agree with this statement 110%. I Simply can't buy this game if sims 4 does not major parts such as this. I want this game to do extremely well. I don't dictate what people what should buy nor I don't want to (and never) speak for every one but I want every simmer including me in the simmer universe to walk home happy in the end instead of leaving disappointed.

I play for the game play and I also love to create. This is what the Sims is about to me. Being the best sandbox game than any other game in history. It has something for every one! As for saying don't like it don't buy it, it's true people and I don't have to buy anything as they wish, very simple. Also By telling us that don't look for the news for it does this mean that great blogs and fan sites like Honeywell, snooty sims, and LGR and so on is not valid news therefore don't look at it!? Well holy damn If that's the case wow I have no words!!! That statement right there makes Sim fans alike look very putrid for everyone!!

Quote:
Your opinion doesn't have to be heard by whole world.

So does this mean that no one is allowed for any type constructive criticism too? I really hate say this again So if I Still give my constructive concerns nicely about making CC easier to produce, providing CC tools first day at launch and Creating a color wheel and/or importing your own custom swatches to the game shouldn't be heard? If that's the case than this will alienate sim fans so fast where you can't even say, damn what the hell happened to the Sims franchise!! So yes, nicely valid constructive concerns/opinions should be heard not overly aggressive ones. Aggressive opinions are the ones that I personally ignore especially if you are an artist or any creator. Trust me on this one because I had to learn this hardest way that I could imagine.

Valid criticisms opens up an wide range of opportunities for new fans and great feedback of any medium if done constructively and fluidly.Let me add that It's also true that you can't please everyone at any giving time. It's not what you say or give an opinion, it's how you say it and how it is interpreted. When it come to options a rule of mine is to change for the better not for the worse. It's pains me to say this on the internet to real life this nothing is truly Pollyanna. It's a beautiful thing that I also wish to see but it doesn't happen that way unfortunately it's life sad but true; anything and everything in daily life is unexpected!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:37 PM
I like the lack of sliders. Body sclupting appears more intuitive as I don't have to look for particular sliders under menus and sub-menus. I like the hidden traits that come up as a consequance of grouping of different traits. I also liked the kiss they had at the end, hope they put that in game. Overall, I like the look of the sims, they appear more lifelike, and their make-up is so much better, neat and well defined. Hope they add colour options that will look lovely on all skin tones. I also like that they separated the accessories into their own categories, makes it easier to find things.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
If they really are in the game and not just for showing off Create-A-Sim, I think it takes place after TS1 (and therefore TS3) at least. The dev mentions that Mortimer is older now.

The dev mentions that he was a little older which I took as a little older than Bella.

At this time I still think it just before Sims 1 and they have not had kids yet.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th May 2014 at 9:06 PM
Judging from the new CAS and sliders alone: I freaking love it. It's perfect in every way and the only way it would be ruined is if it wasn't CC-friendly as much as possible. However, I feel it is unfair that the people here are criticizing the lack of a height slider: unless EA/Maxis wastes much needed time and clutters up the game with redundant animations for every height (not to mention the varying combos of different heights, if they could), a height slider is just not feasible, unless you can do w/o those redundant (and cluttersome) animations, because you don't mind your tall sim kissing their partners' left eyeball/nose or something. The only real problem I see with no height sliders is the five-head/gazelle neck syndrome. That's one of the horrible downsides of Sims 2, that they made the foreheads too damn big. With this new CAS, I should be able to adjust the head proportions to get the short-faced look w/o resorting to five-heading. (As shown by the short-faced black female sim in the first 23 seconds of the video.)

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#46 Old 17th May 2014 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ijustneedsomeeyes
However, I feel it is unfair that the people here are criticizing the lack of a height slider: unless EA/Maxis wastes much needed time and clutters up the game with redundant animations for every height (not to mention the varying combos of different heights, if they could), a height slider is just not feasible, unless you can do w/o those redundant (and cluttersome) animations,

Yup - that's it, you can, in fact, do animations like that without animations for every height. It's been discussed before, it's just that, till now, EAxis doesn't do it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#47 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
The dev mentions that he was a little older which I took as a little older than Bella.

At this time I still think it just before Sims 1 and they have not had kids yet.

Time is an illusion in The Sims universe anyway. My current family line in The Sims 3 goes back more than a century so yeah...
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th May 2014 at 7:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZmtGfTj-to#t=159
DID YOU SEE THAT? ok so look at the girl with black, green and pink hair!
i don't know if the hair dying thing is create a style but i certainly think that it is highly likely you can give your sim color in their hair!
just look at it!
thats a good thing, isn't it? hair dying will be possible in sims 4!
ps: maybe you should copy and paste the link i don't think it's working

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZmtGfTj-to#t=159
DID YOU SEE THAT? ok so look at the girl with black, green and pink hair!
i don't know if the hair dying thing is create a style but i certainly think that it is highly likely you can give your sim color in their hair!
just look at it!
thats a good thing, isn't it? hair dying will be possible in sims 4!
ps: maybe you should copy and paste the link i don't think it's working

Wow, your comment can be misleading. Maybe it's just a new hairstyle with a build-in colors. If it is, the main color that you choose (from the "already build in" color palette) will change the highlights as-well. For an example: Main color is black, highlights are green and purple. Main color is Brown, highlights are blue and green. It's no the first time that a company like EA has done something like that, and with the lack of CASt, it does seems logical.
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote:
Wow, your comment can be misleading. Maybe it's just a new hairstyle with a build-in colors. If it is, the main color that you choose (from the "already build in" color palette) will change the highlights as-well. For an example: Main color is black, highlights are green and purple. Main color is Brown, highlights are blue and green. It's no the first time that a company like EA has done something like that, and with the lack of CASt, it does seems logical.

Don't be so negative.
I think this hairstyle...

...is the same as this one.
Page 2 of 3