Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZmtGfTj-to#t=159
DID YOU SEE THAT? ok so look at the girl with black, green and pink hair!
i don't know if the hair dying thing is create a style but i certainly think that it is highly likely you can give your sim color in their hair!

Or it could be a pre-set, like in The Sims 2. Sims 2 had "secret" dyed hair which could only be applied in-game, by changing appearance at a mirror.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 20th May 2014 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RyuDerSchatten
Don't be so negative.
I think this hairstyle...

...is the same as this one.

I pleasantly disagree. I think we should've seen a color wheel or other hairstyle with those highlights by now.
Alchemist
#53 Old 20th May 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RyuDerSchatten
Don't be so negative.
I think this hairstyle...

...is the same as this one.

But the second one has sideswept bangs.
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:51 PM
Quote:
But the second one has sideswept bangs.

I guess that is because we see one from the left and one from the right side.

As for the color wheel...there won't be one, I think.
But there are two selections of hair color. One with only natural colors for eyebrows, and one with natural and unnatural colors for beards and hair.

Forum Resident
#55 Old 20th May 2014 at 11:45 PM
I honestly just hope that baby sims don't inherit their parent's wacky dyed hair. You know, like in the Sims 3. That's the reason why I don't dye hair in the sims 3 unless I have their previous color saved and/or they're not having any more children.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Field Researcher
#56 Old 21st May 2014 at 8:26 AM
How incredibly boring. I mean, create-a-style I understand (I think?) but no color wheel? I can has 21st century?

And still no good mutton chops...
Theorist
#57 Old 21st May 2014 at 10:52 AM
I honestly had no problem using sliders, and I would much rather have a height slider over the boobies and butt slider any day. Cmar's height slider was the first custom slider I ever installed, it made things more bearable having my characters look right standing next to each other. That and no CASt, honestly not looking too good for me, but I'll reserve my final judgement until E3 to see if they can still wow me with something. (hopefully children)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 21st May 2014 at 5:06 PM
Well lets talk about someone making a Sim when the game comes out of course!
Attached Images

Scholar
#59 Old 24th May 2014 at 12:44 AM
Prodding and poking sims into shape, I like it. It always took me extra time finding certain sliders back. This system looks more intuitive to use.

But will this new CAS be modable too? TS3 we had mods to add more sliders or raise the range of the sliders. Will TS4 CAS allow this too?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 24th May 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Prodding and poking sims into shape, I like it. It always took me extra time finding certain sliders back. This system looks more intuitive to use.

But will this new CAS be modable too? TS3 we had mods to add more sliders or raise the range of the sliders. Will TS4 CAS allow this too?

Technically TS3 doesn't allow anything of the sort ether, since there's no official modding support for it.
Scholar
#61 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Technically TS3 doesn't allow anything of the sort ether, since there's no official modding support for it.

I understand that, I am just concerned about how complex it becomes with this CAS and how lame the official mod support will be I can't help it, EA turned me into a cynic (not really but pointing fingers is fun :p) So with everything they say, I go riiiight, so what's the catch?
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:34 PM

It's still like sliders, they are just integrated the slider range and activator into manipulating the mesh directly but sliders are essentially the interpolation of point positions between 0 and 1 and that is still in there.

I'm not sure if Eve Online licensed their character builder but since they overhauled it one sees a number of games including the Sims 4 doing character manipulation that way.
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th May 2014 at 4:09 PM
I was hoping to see how genetics work before moving on to the build mode.I can't stand TS3 genetics.It's just horrible.They could have shown how it works on Bella and Mortimer.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:15 AM
I understand that, I am just concerned about how complex it becomes with this CAS and how lame the official mod support will be :p

How do paid modding tools sound? :P
Alchemist
#65 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
How do paid modding tools sound? :P

Like something EA would get behind.

Bethesda, on the other hand, will provide modding tools for free.
Page 3 of 3