Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Would you read it in blog form?

Why not?

I am the most unsavory charlatan.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 10:46 PM Last edited by gazania : 22nd Jun 2014 at 7:36 PM.
More portability ... at least for me.

I have a little netbook, and when I go to my mother's house miles away (I have to clean it out), there is no Internet. There isn't even any TV now.

Yes, I do a lot of reading during breaks and late in the evening, and playing Solitaire and MahJongg on my computer is fun, but sometimes, I'd like me a little Sims fix.

I know a couple of people have put Sims 2 on their netbooks. I wouldn't even try it, personally. But Sims 1 up to the Pets Expansion and a small CC file works just fine on my machine. I hope to do a small upgrade to my machine soon, and it may play all the expansions then. I hope so! (Right now, something corrupted the game .... I believe it was a certain program on my machine .. and I have to reinstall. I'll probably do it once I've upgraded. But that's another plus ... it's really, really easy to reinstall this. I've done it once already. No Securom or Origin nonsense. This time, though, I won't be a maroon and will back up my CC from time to time. Geesh. I should know that re Sims 2!)

There is a simplicity to the game, and I admit the goofiness is just right ... silly enough to make me smile, but not so silly to make me grimace. It's my special "travel game" and cheers me up in the middle of a now-empty house. And I got the CDs used for pretty cheap (I didn't know if the machine would play the Collection, and as it turned out, I was right)... what more can you want?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 5:35 AM
I have to say, gameplay itself aside, I have a slower machine (2007 laptop, ugh....), and the fact that I don't have to sit through 5-minute load screens to go between neighborhoods or lots can be GREAT sometimes! Wanna take a quick jaunt to Old Town? TS2, that'll be a good 20-minutes in the real world. TS1, you can pop there and back in less than a minute!

Plus Old Town is awesome.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
Putting your own face on the sim's that was something really fun for me. My kids would laugh at the sim looking just like them making funny interactions. The least of my problems was the graphic because the game play was awesome.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 3:55 AM
You can have kids live by themselves,
, my first ever sims were triplets who lived by themselves which made money by painting.
The triplets died in the pool.
Mwhahaha
Forum Resident
#31 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:24 AM
The items were funnier. I love the making my sexist sim use the voodoo doll on his wife, making my child sim stripper dance on the dance cage, having the cake dancers strip at my party, crafting an army of gnomes and then enchanting them to water my plants, and using the charm that gives my sim the head of an ass. TS2 and TS3 focus too much on being realistic. Gosh darn it, sometimes I just wanna sit back and have a typical Sims 1 day full of magic, quirk, sex, and most likely fire and death, because as we all know, Sims 1 sims are ridiculously retarded.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
...I love the making my sexist sim use the voodoo doll on his wife, making my child sim stripper dance on the dance cage, having the cake dancers strip at my party....
Ewww! Sometimes I really don't want to know how others play.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:58 PM
Oh I loved that darn stripper cake. It was so amusing to see all the sims coo around the stripper!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
The only reason I play The Sims 1 is for nostalgia purposes. The Sims 2, if you can run it, with all expansions, makes having The Sims 1 pointless, tbh. Just my opinion though, but The Sims 2 did everything The Sims 1 did, but better.
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 6:48 PM
^That.

The Sims 2, and even 3, outperform The Sims on every level.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:05 PM
Um...not for me. There is game play that the Sims 2 & 3 just don't offer. It's not just the nostalgia, it's the design of the game. I like all three games, but get caught up in one over the others at different times. They are like three different games. The thing I find with Sims 2 is that I can't stop getting caught up in the genetics game. That gets boring quickly. And when things are bad for Sims in Sims 2, they are really bad, so much so that I don't want to let their lives falter. That also gets boring. I like taking care of my Sims, but I can stretch their comfortable limits much more comfortably in the Sims 1.

There's also so much more humor in the Sims 1 game than in anything that came afterwards. The Sims was more likely to let you play with less developer interference telling you how the game should be played.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#37 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:51 PM
Stripper Cakes!! Completely forgot about those until now!

If you handed me a copy of TS1 and TS3, I would play the original. While TS3 is beautiful, new, and etc., TS1 has so much depth, in terms of creativity and true humor, that the games not worked on by Will Wright could offer. TS3 is fine, I own it as well as various EPs, but I just can't put it on the same level as 1 and 2.

As far as soundtracks, I sometimes still get TS1 songs stuck in my head.
I know some people have uploaded them to youtube, and I found one with the complete soundtrack here....all eight hours. It even gives links to the radio music.

Cheat wise: rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!... was a great cheat. Doesn't compare to kaching or motherlode.
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eintity
A great soundtrack.
I mean, the BF3 theme song sounds like a swarm of bees.

Agreed. I listen to the sims 1 sound track at work (ALL the music is on youtube, there's one that's over 5 hours) as well as sim city 4, and it's perfect - makes-me-happy yet nonintrusive. No one coming in my office has recognized it or said anything - still waiting for some kindred spirit to wander in.
(Oh yeah - 8 hours - what Greimily said)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:41 PM
The cheat repeater was useful. Also if you clicked on the household funds it would show you a kind of bank statement of the last few days. It was also built in that it told you what day it was on the UI. I like that they brought that back in sims 3.

I liked the bucking bronco. The costume chest was awesome as well.

It was just a ... darker and more adult game I think. Voodoo was hilarious and the potions table. And the butler was actually useful and not broken.

It would be cool to have some of the features of sims 3 available in a sims 1, non ageing game. There's too much to do in sims 3 and I want to do it all and I can't while stuck on one house.
Instructor
#40 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The cheat repeater was useful. Also if you clicked on the household funds it would show you a kind of bank statement of the last few days...
It was just a ... darker and more adult game I think. Voodoo was hilarious and the potions table. And the butler was actually useful and not broken.

The last time I played this game I was maybe 12, so I didn't pay much attention to the bank statement. I wish they'd have put that back in TS2, since that's the one I primarily play now. It would be nice to have, now that I'd actually use it...

Speaking of the butler, the maid didn't goof around. She cleaned, I paid, then left. She wouldn't ask my sims every day, "Now that I'm done with work, would you like to hang out?"
God that gets annoying. Doesn't she take a hint??
Page 2 of 2