Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:49 PM
This forum is killing me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
I also hoping that the whole presentation is more than 30 mins nor like gamecom where hardly no information was answered. Speaking release date it might be a typo.

30 MINS?! Have you ever seen an E3 presentation like ever before? Most of the time the whole pressentation is 60 min with no more than 10 min for each game. The media briefing is to show the press what to expect in the futher and unveil their newest projects. Not to go indepth on a certain game which only 5 people in the audience care about while the other 95 are sleeping.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TanookiMark
Lol why is the release date of november there if it is pertty much confirmed the game is going to ship by september.

Oh and I shouldn't expect much from the presentation. They only have so much minutes and the audience there doesn't give a shit about the Sims so they are surely not going indepth on the game itself. I think it will be kinda like the Gamescom presentation with a simple gameplay video. Furthermore I guess they are doing a livestream just like Gamescom. Most of the info should come from that and the Sims magazine article.

It was only confirmed that it would have a launch window of Fall 2014, which is from September - December. Seeing as the game is still sort of incomplete, I'd say it's likely it won't ship in September. At the very earliest, it might be released late September.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:03 AM
30 MINS?! Have you ever seen an E3 presentation like ever before? Most of the time the whole pressentation is 60 min with no more than 10 min for each game. The media briefing is to show the press what to expect in the futher and unveil their newest projects. Not to go indepth on a certain game which only 5 people in the audience care about while the other 95 are sleeping.

Shoot, I forgot about that. Although, I'm hoping EA will have a separate showcase dedicated to The Sims 4 since it's a new game.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:03 AM Last edited by TanookiMark : 1st Jun 2014 at 1:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
It was only confirmed that it would have a launch window of Fall 2014, which is from September - December. Seeing as the game is still sort of incomplete, I'd say it's likely it won't ship in September. At the very earliest, it might be released late September.

EA set the game for a Q2 FY 2015 release last month in their shareholders meeting. And FY15Q2 runs from June-September .
I just don't get it how peopel actually THINK Maxis can't finish the game on time. Everything is planned out months even years in advance and they never show the latest build. If Maxis doesn't show pools why does that mean they don't have any? Its not like they need to have 100% transparancy. Nintendo, as example, didn't show off the new Mario Kart 8 items until a month before release. Doesn't mean they didn't exist before. Nintendo only didn't showcased them.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:11 AM
I just don't get it how peopel actually THINK Maxis can't finish the game on time. Everything is planned out months even years in advance

This is true, but video game releases get changed and pushed back pretty often, don't they?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:16 AM
My hope is not only about what is shown at E3 but I really hope they will release a trailer with gameplay longer than 5 minutes. Would that be too much to ask for? Maybe?

I am not really caring about E3, I want some of the information to be freed.

Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
Here it is. =D Tell me if there's anything I need to adjust/edit.

Needs more awesome.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:21 AM Last edited by TanookiMark : 1st Jun 2014 at 12:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
This is true, but video game releases get changed and pushed back pretty often, don't they?

Yes they do but most of the time its +-6 months to finetune the game. There are multiple reasons why a game could be delayed but most of the time its only to make space in your schedule. The being quiet thing has nothing to do with the progression of the development since marketing doesn't reflect it. However I agree with you since its becoming a trend to make unrealistic promises about the release date. Its getting normal to push back games and it is annoying.

Oh and about the whole online thing. It was a prototype, every game has prototypes and it got scrapped with a reason. And I surely don't get how people actually believe they changed it after the Simcity launch (cause the reveal was 6 months later). Maxis would be a hell of a game developer to remade the whole thing in 6 months lol.
Scholar
#34 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:35 AM
I was being generous tbh and yes I have seen an E3 presentation and been in a E3 conference only once before. I'm not talking about the main conference I'm only talking about after the conference QnA's and interviews.

Edit: Wait a minute, if the chart says says FY15 in the Sims 4 does that mean that there could be a possible delay then? It's not just in Q1 but in Q2.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:39 AM
I was being generous tbh and yes I have seen an E3 presentation and been in a E3 conference only once before. I'm not talking about the main conference I'm only talking about after the conference QnA's and interviews.

Thats a different story. I thought you were talking about the media briefing on June 9. I do expect them to have a round table/live stream about the game since thats quite normal.

E3 isn't only about the press conference its about the whole week (I have the feeling a lot Simmers have never followed it before).
Theorist
#36 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:49 AM
I'm expecting all questions will be answered and not backpedaled! In-depth everything.

Good luck with that one. I for one am expecting them to show everything they've already shown us and just a bit more. I'm hoping I'm wrong but hey... it's EA ~~shrugs~~ I'll be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 1:11 AM
I think the free space on that bingo card should be "dodges actually answering questions"

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 1:29 AM
Most of all at E3 I want to see a baby and a toddler.

But I would like the "gloves to come off". Even if they only have a 5-10 minute time slot and don't show much, I would like it if afterwards the Gurus could actually talk to us - confirm/deny all the wild rumours and speculation, and give us the answers we want. If everything is still under embargo after E3 Ima be pissed :P
Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 1:49 AM
IWait a minute, if the chart says says FY15 in the Sims 4 does that mean that there could be a possible delay then? It's not just in Q1 but in Q2.

No a fiscal year runs from 1 april till 31 march. So Q1 is from April-june and Q2 from July-September.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:24 AM
I just hope we find out something NEW! Not something we already know! ( NEW= genetics, baby legs, open world, pools, garages)

I'd love a good 5 mins of game play at least.
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 5:30 AM
Posted this in a different thread but thought it was relevant here too.
From the official forums:

Person - Graham, will you guys be more at liberty to talk about features with us after E3?

SimGuruSemedi - Definitely. After news sites have had the chance to post their previews and interviews from E3 we'll be able to discuss things more freely.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../60/754561.page

So at least we have confirmation that they'll be going into more depth than just it's "intuitive" and "tactile" and "awesome"
Field Researcher
#42 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 5:50 AM
lumialover8 that is basically the most hilarious thing ever posted on this forum. Haha I am definitely printing & playing!
Page 2 of 2