Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
I get why you'd want that, JackieSmith, but I have to worry that things would end up being less integrated than they already are. Each "mini" expansion pack would fail to address the content of the others (much the way TS3's expansion packs do for the most part). In short, I fear it would be a mess.

I have no idea where your "mini" comes from. I said SMALLER expansions, because current expansions are 90% trash and 10% expansion. Plus a $20 DLC even if it were exactly half of what current $40 ones are, it would still hardly be a "mini" expansion.

Your fears have no base. Maxis can and probably will screw up regardless of how big expansions are. I simply want to pay less for that screw-up. Stop being so afraid about EA breaking the mold, some of us want new stuff and not just The Sims 2 or The Sims 2-esque expansions re-released over and over, let the series evolve.
(probably won't with EA, but over-nostalgic fans getting in the way doesn't help)

Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Hey, Xzibit, can you and your MTV show just modify my car just a little bit? I really just need the engine fixed and some new tires.

Next time a moderator complains that I'm not being civilized enough, I'm gonna bring this up.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 6:48 AM
Wouldn't you rather have full/big/maxi expansions that feature relevant content? Instead of cutting out the crap, replace the crap with some new features and unique objects (not chairs).

↖ the one emotion TS4 better have
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 7:01 AM
No need to worry about that. It is confirmed that there will be chairs in the base game.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Whirligig
No need to worry about that. It is confirmed that there will be chairs in the base game.

Well that's a weight off my mind.
Page 2 of 2