Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#51 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyButter
A SimGuru recently said the game is almost 99% complete. For the most part, the game seems to be largely intact so I don't see any reasons for a delay.

It was SimGuruTrev.

He took it back and said he was being "sarcastic."
Advertisement
#52 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Mordecai and Rigby : 6th Jul 2014 at 3:06 AM.
Did they release a photo of babies and toddlers yet? If not, delay it.

EDIT: After hearing there were no toddlers I definitely wanted the game to be delayed, but at this point I don't think they will...
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:28 AM
Might as well wait the additional few days, it's releasing in September - The End of the Summer Holidays
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:52 PM
Yes, especially after yesterday's news. Also we should all write snail mail letters to new CEO to remind him of his commitment to players and only releasing "Great Games" as he was quoted saying in a recent Gamestop article. I am thinking he's talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Maybe we should show him how it's done?
Forum Resident
#55 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:06 PM
A guru once said that the game is defo launching sept 2nd whether it's complete or not.

I didn't realize he meant literally LMAO
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:02 PM
Further delay couldn't help this game at all. I wish they delay it for couple of months, but seeing team's "enthusiasm" and our "optimism" for the game, I doubt they will change anything crucial and instead trow in some more of "BRO" and meme trends in this poor sims game (should I call it sims at all).
Instructor
#57 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
It was SimGuruTrev. He took it back and said he was being "sarcastic."

Part of me wonders if the entire game is "sarcastic".
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 12:09 AM
It would be even better if they delayed it to add extra content and released it around Christmas, but I'm guessing a new Sims 4 EP will be overpriced and released for Christmas instead.
Theorist
#59 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 12:21 AM
I was reading about the release date and I think it is kind of dumb because the vast majority of people who play are probably teens and college students, followed by young adults. What is going on the first week in September, at least in the USA/UK--school/college starts again.

How terribly cruel to release Sims 4 when minds are on school work (or should be). I know, it's sounds silly, but that is the teacher in me. (I'd be buying it if someone made kaching for real so I could have money for the game and a new computer to enjoy it on).

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#60 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 4:51 PM
I really hope TS4 gets delayed and comes out working and with things we were told it wouldn't have.I also hope it's got the TS2 story progression because that was a lot better than TS3's glitchy bug-fest from EA.
Scholar
#61 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:58 AM
TS2 had story progression?

C-A
Instructor
#62 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 11:48 AM
At this point, the game should be delayed. Permanently.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 11:50 AM
I've changed my mind. I don't want them to delay the game. I want them to scratch the obviously botched online game completely and start anew. But this time really listen to your customers, EA!
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:58 AM
I'm honestly on the fence about it. We haven't seen enough about what is in TS4 to really be able to judge whether it's worth $60 or not. Assuming there is, as long as the game is in good condition and the missing features will be added in later, then I say "full steam ahead".

This is mostly because a lot of major features that people want in the base game will take months to create and even then there's no guarantee that it will work perfectly once it's placed in the game. If the game is delayed just to add, change, or fix the features everyone wants in the base game then we'd probably be looking at a 1-3 year delay.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:06 AM
I think a delay is the best option right now. If not to add back more of the features that they already cut but to polish it so at least we can be sure that it'll be a functional, if not extremely sparse, game.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:24 AM
They can have all the time they want to make the game better, and add all the features they're lacking. Preferably make a more stable base than what they seem to have now. The whole 'no toddlers, or anything else that should come with a basegame' thing seem rather shady to me. If they don't have toddlers already, then I strongly doubt their game engine is built well enough, and I'm pretty sure they've thrown away most of their game developing time on the 'look what we made and worship us' advertising. Their excuses are not good enough.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy TS2. It's not like we don't have a sims game to play - in fact, we've got three to choose from.
Scholar
#67 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:26 PM
I'm not sure a delay could help this mess. I do believe the current game would have to be scrapped altogether, and a new The Sims 4 made in its place.

Besides, even if the game was delayed do you honestly think that EA would add toddlers during the delay? I'm sure they just can't even think of missing out on the chance to charge you for them in an EP.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:48 AM
I used to want a delay, but now it really seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference. They would literally have to just scrap everything and start over. A delay isn't going to fix the closed world with loading screens between each lot that get longer and longer with more added content, it won't fix the complete lack of story progression, it won't fix the lack of CAST or color wheel, it likely won't fix the lack of terrain tools and basements or the 3 story building limit... There is just way too much wrong with this game and some of the larger issues are things that the engine just won't allow no matter how much time they throw at it.
Page 3 of 3