Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:46 AM
Good news: They will have Breastfeeding for babies..
Bad news: No Pools, No Toddlers and No CASt..

that's EA by the way... if Will Wright still there...

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:54 AM
Well, guys at least we still have the E. MO. TIONS

DID YOU GUYS HEAR ME???? WE STILL HAVE THE
E.
MO.
TIONS.

During the sweltering days of summer our beloved sims can go for a dip in their brand new novel E. MO. TIONS. (Now with matching colors! Yay!)
Toddlers keeping your sims awake at night? Toddlers getting in the way of your sim parents' night activities? Well worry no more.
Our sim babies will now ENJOY a whole new life state when they lose all tangible matter and turn into pure E. MO. TIONS.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:00 AM
Even though I still support the Sims 4...

WHY FIX THINGS IF THEY AREN'T BROKEN?!

The Toddler Stage was a magnificent transition between Babies to Kids ... I don't want my Sim baby to start from age 1 and have a worse SORAS (Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome).
They haven't found any toddlers to motion capture yet?!
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 6:41 AM
Funny how things change. A month ago I was quite excited with the game (after CAS and build mode trailers) and I thought, "Yay, now show me wonderful gameplay and take my money!" Now I seriously doubt if game is going to be worth wasting time on illegal downloading. It's not about customazation, for there's no CASt, no colorwheel. It's not about discovering worlds, for there's no open world. It's not about playing with families, for there is whole life stage gone. What is the main point of TS4? I don't know. Emotions? Ok, and when I'll try all emotional states on a couple sims, then what?
On a positive note, Generations EP for TS4 won't be called "pointless" for sure. After all, there will be "new" life stage. Play with your family like never before (since The Sims 3)!
#55 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:03 AM
Whelp I've made my decision. I'd rather try to get through tons of bugs and glitches while collecting sims 3 then waste time on this because no matter how bad sims 3 may be at least it has everything I would want in a game already.

So maybe in 5 years I'll think about sims 4
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:07 AM
Welp... I guess that's Electronic Arts in a nutshell. I'm not even surprised at this point. Any hopes I had for this game have been essentially annihilated. Mods cannot even fix this disgrace in gaming,

just a girl
#57 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:05 AM
Welcome to The Sims 1! From swaddle - straight to school. Are the children age, I forgot?

(sorry, couldn't help to say this)
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:21 AM
/Ugly laugh
Test Subject
#59 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:02 AM
Couldn't care less. As I said before I just need the box on my shelf. I don't play with toddlers or pools so I'm happy they removed them. And people should stop complaining, it's getting annoying.
Scholar
#60 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:20 AM
Sims 4 had me like

Forum Resident
#61 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gubidik
And people should stop complaining, it's getting annoying.

Then look away sunshine cause no one is going to pretend to be happy about something that disappointed them just to please you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#62 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:35 AM
Couldn't care less. As I said before I just need the box on my shelf. I don't play with toddlers or pools so I'm happy they removed them. And people should stop complaining, it's getting annoying.

Some of us would like a game we'll actually enjoy and play, and are upset about our favourite game franchise taking way what, to most of us, are basic features. If all you want is the box on your shelf, go get an empty case, print out the Sims 4 game cover, and put it in. There, now you can be happy with TS4. The rest of us will continue expressing our dissatisfaction with being asked to pay $60 for a neutered version of the same thing we already had, but now with *EMOTIONS*

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Sims 4 had me like

Now it has you like (minus the subtitle)

Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:52 AM
Uhh I guess I got misunderstood. Should not try to joke if you don't know the language well, stupid me I feel the same as you guys so never mind. I get pissed when I see comments like mine, like they are happy just getting the box and don't care about anything else saying they don't care.That is what the comment was about, sorry.
Alchemist
#65 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
dissatisfaction with being asked to pay $60 for a neutered version of the same thing we already had

It's a beautiful phrase to see.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#66 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:53 AM
It's cool, gubidik - just there are so many people on the official forums/TS4 FB who are commenting with basically what you said, only they actually -mean it- that sarcasm is all too close to reality at the moment.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#67 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:57 AM
A gif or a smilie stabbing an EA drone might get across your irony better gubidikirony.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#68 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
A gif or a smilie stabbing an EA drone might get across your irony better gubidikirony.
I thought just wanting the box would do the thing. Never thought someone would really mean that
Scholar
#69 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
Now it has you like (minus the subtitle)

The subtitle is also applicable to this situation.
Instructor
#70 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
WHY FIX THINGS IF THEY AREN'T BROKEN?

So they can fix it later and charge money for it. Just another parable of the broken window.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#71 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:36 AM
I thought just wanting the box would do the thing. Never thought someone would really mean that

We all took it to mean a box with the game, we are probably not yet up to jokes over this yet. Maybe if they patch in some kind of super toddlers for free then we will all laugh. Not holding my breath on the free part though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:38 AM
No pools.
No toddlers.
No terrain landscaping.
No basements.
No open world.
No CAS. (not even a color wheel?)

I expect more from a 3rd sequel to one of the best selling franchises of all time.
Instructor
#73 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:39 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 26th Jun 2014 at 1:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by airaron32
Welp... I guess that's Electronic Arts in a nutshell. I'm not even surprised at this point. Any hopes I had for this game have been essentially annihilated. Mods cannot even fix this disgrace in gaming,

Calling that god-forsaken game a disgrace would be awarding it a level of kindness it most certainly does not deserve in the slightest.

Quote: Originally posted by ProfPlumbob
No pools.
No toddlers.
No terrain landscaping.
No basements.
No open world.
No CAS. (not even a color wheel?)

I expect more from a 3rd sequel to one of the best selling franchises of all time.

Don't forget no hot tubs as well. What's next? No sims? Perhaps that would be for the best, to quit while one's ahead, rather than continue to sully the reputation of this once-great franchise.

The Sims 4: Sim Life: Now, for the first time ever, The Sims has sims!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:55 AM
Leaving out toddlers is inexcusable. Whether you enjoy the toddler stage or not, it's a basic aspect of the game, given that it's a LIFE simulation game. I play legacies and I love the toddler stage, so I personally couldn't go back to the TS1 style of having a baby go from a 1 year old to 8 or 9 years old, just like that. This is the final straw for me, I'm done with this game.

Well done, EA.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:56 AM
*sigh* I agree with all posts made in this thread - Even though we all know we will end up buying the game... And all the 15 upcoming Expansion Packs.. EA makes it all look so exciting
Page 3 of 12