Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
You keep Bethesda away from the Sims. I don't want Skyrim shit in my Sims game.

C-A

I don't know about you, but personally would love Micheal Kirkbride to take over the writing of what little plot the Sims series has. The fate of Bella Goth would get really screwy, really fast. Could you imagine?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:13 AM
If the control of the Sims 4 was dropped in my lap at this very moment, the first thing I would do is pour myself a whiskey.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Alchemist
#28 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
I don't know about you, but personally would love Micheal Kirkbride to take over the writing of what little plot the Sims series has. The fate of Bella Goth would get really screwy, really fast. Could you imagine?

I would like Joss Whedon to continue Bella's storyline and pick up where the Sims 2 left off.

Bella is reunited with Mortimer and her children. While feeding the cowplant, she gets eaten. The end.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:20 AM
I see your Joss Whedon and raise you one George. R. R. Martin.

In this version everyone dies. Everyone.
Alchemist
#30 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:23 AM
I see your Joss Whedon and raise you one George. R. R. Martin.

In this version everyone dies. Everyone.

But before they do, they have woohoo. Lots and lots of woohoo.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:29 AM
In the Michael Kirkbride version they also have a lot of woohoo, but it's weirder.

And described entirely through metaphors.
Banned
#32 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:38 AM

C-A

Bethesda isnt only about Skyrim, they actually work. Get yo facts straight
Banned
#33 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:39 AM
"I don't want Skyrim shit in my Sims game."
#34 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:11 AM
I may not fully agree with what everyone says, but if I were the one making the game, I'd still listen to them and consider changing things up a bit so that both the fans and myself will enjoy the game. For instance, I'm probably the only person who doesn't like CASt. But since most people still want it in the game, I'd put it in and give it an upgrade: make patterns load up faster, possibly organize things differently, etc.

As for the graphics, it's 2014! I was expecting Sims 4's graphics to be a lot like GTA V at this point. What I would do is up the graphics, but add in adjustable, workable settings so that it'll still work for people with shitty computers; have the game run smoothly and still look pleasant while not exactly having the greatest graphics card there is.

The style? It can be upped to be a bit more realistic, sure why not.

I would add toddlers and pools. Enough said.

Also to HP, I absolutely LOVE the idea of adding a gender slider. I was thinking Sims who leaned more towards one gender would prefer clothes/hair of that gender. I was also thinking there would be a biological sex, and then what gender they preferred to act as. A sexuality slider would be nice too, because I'm weird like that.
Instructor
#35 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM
if this goes happen:
Screenshots

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Forum Resident
#36 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:20 AM
Is that Jaime Lannister?
Alchemist
#37 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 8:15 AM
Is that Jaime Lannister?

New feature? Simcest.
Instructor
#38 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 9:20 AM Last edited by ribbonista : 6th Jul 2014 at 2:25 PM.
I'd try to bring back the charm TS2 had ((which TS3 was so sorely lacking)) with all the tiny little extra details. Like how when a bride and groom cut the cake, one of the them feeds the other a bite. Or NPCs like Mrs Crumplebottom or Unsavory Charlatan. I think I'd also put more emphasis on relationships, just with small stuff like maybe holding hands while walking down the street or just leaning onto their partner ever so slightly while they were on the couch. Of course, I have no experience with programming whatsoever and I only have a vague idea of how difficult it would be to incorporate a few of them. That being said, fuck realistic thinking, I enjoy musing about stuff. 8D
I'm actually fine with no CaSt. Admittedly, I'm extremely anal about color coordination and stuff, but I can understand how buggy the system was and how much space it took up. But I'd make eyes recolourable and keep the roots/base/highlights/tips system for hair bc diverse genetics, man.
My biggest problem with TS3 is that the sims just feel like bots with traits that don't really shine through in their demeanor at all. I know that's what they are, I just don't like thinking about it. I like the idea of sims talking about their memories when asked, or maybe there's a specific memory that they're caught up on and won't shut up about. Also, mid life crisises should be a base game thing. Preferably done in a less annoying way, ((TS3 was NOT good at incorporating stuff in any subtle manner)) but I still enjoy the concept. :')
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 10:19 AM
Fire everyone, Hire Will Wright and let him take it from there.
Scholar
#40 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cyberraga
"I don't want Skyrim shit in my Sims game."

Yeah. I don't want anything like Skyrim in my game. Totally different things, I know Bethesda does other stuff, but they are well known for Skyrim. I don't want the Skyrim graphics in Sims, I don't want classes, I don't want an adventure mode or anything like that. Keep them away from each other.

C-A
Forum Resident
#41 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:47 PM

C-A

Agreed! And especially I don't want my Sims to look as ugly as the humans in Skyrim and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Dear Bethesda, if I have an easier time looking at a radiation scarred, decomposing Ghoul than at a (supposedly) average human, you're doing something wrong!

Anyway what I would do (get your dislikes ready now, folks )

1) delay, because the features I'd like to implement would need time.

2) Keep the Art-style with one adjustment: Making teens look visibly younger than adults/yas (shorter, frailer)

3) Including Toddlers while also making them less boring (to be honest toddlers are my least favorite life stage)

4) Bringing back proper wishes and fears

5) Bringing back the memory system from Sims 2

6) Bring back those cute little 'Special moment" videos from SIms 2

7) I was alo going to bring back the Personality Points, but I liked Original_Sim's idea of combining the personality points with the attributes from Sims 3.

8) Aliens!

9) Strangetown!

10) A third World aside from Willow Creek and Strangetown, possibly New England themed

11) Swimming in lakes/rivers/the sea

12 ) Implementing two different game modes one Sims 2 style, one Sims 3 style. At the beginning at user would have to generate a safe file and choose their play-style, which would not be possible to change in that safe file, but the user could always create another safe file with other options.

13) Making sure than Sims can look trashy, frumpy and tacky again.And that there would be enough, varied and useful clothing for all ages and genders.

14) Walk in Grocery and Clothing stores

15) Delegating a team to develop Create a World and Body Shop (with an implemented CaSt) as standalone programs that are delivered along with the game, if time grows short those programs would be freely available for download, or possibly bundled for a couple of bucks.

On the maybe list:

1) Pools

2) Weather

First EP: Seasons and without those annoying holidays from Sims 3. If weather and pools couldn't get into the base game, they come with this.

Second EP: Open 4 Business! Adding the option for Sims to run little quaint Bed and Breakfasts

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#42 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:00 PM
To be fair I think the whole '' what would you have done '' is quite unfair actually, we (or at least I) know nothing about making a game, and it's not like EA made budget cuts for The Sims team just because they think it's fun.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
To be fair I think the whole '' what would you have done '' is quite unfair actually, we (or at least I) know nothing about making a game, and it's not like EA made budget cuts for The Sims team just because they think it's fun.

True that, but speculation and reveries are always fun. Reminds me of Sims 1 days when me and my friends made up those long lists of things we'd want in the game. Most of it terribly immature stuff

I also forgot I'd like to reinstate a proper genetics system with dominant and recessive genes like we have had in Sims 2.

Alchemist
#44 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:31 PM Last edited by Original_Sim : 6th Jul 2014 at 5:45 PM.
Yeah. I don't want anything like Skyrim in my game. Totally different things, I know Bethesda does other stuff, but they are well known for Skyrim. I don't want the Skyrim graphics in Sims, I don't want classes, I don't want an adventure mode or anything like that. Keep them away from each other.

C-A

EA is well known for milking the fuck out of the Sims franchise. That doesn't mean all EA games are life simulators.

I'm sure Bethesda can tell the difference between an RPG and a life simulator.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
New feature? Simcest.

Do the children spawned of said new feature turn out to be murderous little shitbags?
Forum Resident
#46 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:15 PM
Do the children spawned of said new feature turn out to be murderous little shitbags?

Sometimes. Incestuous Offspring will have a 1 in 3 chance to be born with the "Sociopath" trait.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:13 PM Last edited by Mumty : 6th Jul 2014 at 7:40 PM.
Mine is really long, and I've still probably missed things out lol.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:33 PM
Yeah, Tweens is a shorter word. I like it. They should be able to date, but their relationships won't be proper relationships. Like regular Tweens, it would last a day or three and stop once they get bored. They wouldn't do much in regards to romance. At all.

How they act though: some will try to act like teens and others would stay childish and not so dramatic.
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Bubble Pop : 6th Jul 2014 at 8:01 PM.
Really impressive Mumty. Take my hat off to you. They need to scrap everything and incorporate everything you stated and how you stated it.

This is an example of someone with the heart for The Sims

EA and Simsgurus take note and be put to shame.
Instructor
#50 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 8:13 PM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 6th Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
Sims can hold hands while walking

I'd like to add a romantic interaction in which one sim can carry another sim and walk around with them. Like a newlywed groom carrying a bride to the bedroom to woohoo.

Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
Sims can sit on floor, edges of seats etc. If a sim is angry, they will walk angrily to a seat and sit in a grumpy position. Similarly, if a sim is happy, they will skip around and get into a chair enthusiastically.

Bring back the "hang out" interaction from TS2, where two or more sims can sit on the ground ant talk to each other. I loved that.
Page 2 of 3