Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blowin' Smoke - Diner

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 4:41 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2018 at 3:08 PM by Fergus' Mind

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
I really like your lot, thank you for sharing it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 9:47 PM
This is just what I needed!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:42 PM
This is fantastic, how creative you are, thanks so much for sharing..
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 11:29 PM
Love it, looks like the perfect diner, it's making it's way to the seedier side of my Lucky Palms save.
Like that song too.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:30 AM
You really captured the diner vibe! It's easy to imagine it full of Sims having fun. I especially like the nighttime screenshots, showing it to be an inviting bright spot in the desert.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:40 AM
I love the fact you've captured the "dine atmosphere" so perfectly when creating this lot. I will enjoy seeing this place getting crowded tonight! Lovely piece of work.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:15 AM
Love it! I especially like how natural the kitchen and restroom additions are. Very clever use of the light string to look like tickets as well! It reminds me a lot of Radiohead's "High and Dry" video, maybe not for the actual restaurant, but for the types of people you'd find therein.

Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:59 PM
Thanks, I'm so glad it's appreciated. I was worried that it was going to be a flop because of the rabbit hole diner that already exists. I have another diner planned, but right now I'm working on some other projects; including my next themed series which is already bigger than my Moonlight Falls collection from a while back.
But for now, I'd still appreciate feedback/any reports or issues you may have with my diner.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
But for now, I'd still appreciate feedback/any reports or issues you may have with my diner.

The file shows as corrupted ("contains another package in it") in Custard...
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
The file shows as corrupted ("contains another package in it") in Custard...

Damn. Just when I thought it was safe to start thinking about bed...
On my laptop, Custard is showing that the file is clean. I downloaded the file I uploaded and scanned that and then the copy already in my game; both are coming up as clean.
Anyone else having this issue?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 5:20 AM
i really do like this diner and i have it in my game. the only thing though, i'm not sure if you've seen but when sims enter it they go straight to the kitchen. so they are all in the back of the restaurant. then they route to the front or wherever they go.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 9:17 AM
Thanks for letting me know. In my game they never venture into the back rooms. They enter through the front; the NPCs are always queuing at the front steps to get in as the lot proves very popular in my worlds.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:17 AM
oh, that's weird. i'm thinking about replacing the kitchen with the business as usual oven and just adding menu's turning it into a restaurant.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:37 AM
Wow! This looks amazing! I've always tried recreating rabbit holes, but mine have never looked as good as your diner. Thanks for sharing!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
oh, that's weird. i'm thinking about replacing the kitchen with the business as usual oven and just adding menu's turning it into a restaurant.

Oh wait, there's a store set for making restaurants isn't there? I have a habbit of avoiding the Sims 3 Store like it were the plague. That's a good idea though. Let us know how it turns out.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:30 AM
haha yeah, it's called business as usual. well, the diner feels a bit overwhelming with both LN bars and the university life coffee bar.. i might end up removing something. i also added a world adventures food register, but i can't get it to work yet. i might have to download register mod.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:67573
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 8:16 AM
Heh, just got back from Vegas and it inspired me to make a desert town! This will be a nice addition to it, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:47 PM
thankyou your the best
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:58 AM
This is really lovely! Makes me wish I had University Life EP!
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:15 AM
Evidently, I'm one of those people who can never get enough from the 1950's era or diners.. Hehe. And with functionable and adorned interior instead of sappy but sometimes eye-catching rabbit holes in ts3, it makes it even further loveable!

I really wonder what made EA figure it was a genial idea to put "censured" lots in the game, when the sims 3 was the franchise's generation's pioneer of enabling open worlds in-game, especially in that aspect.. The conspicuous scenario must've been their self-spoken lazyness per usual. It's terribly sad such a greedy game producing company focuses on their profit instead of their diginity as game developers; thus the franchise will never ever in an alternate universe thoroughly conduct an eminent generation of the sims' franchise where it can be branded as a faultless and flawless game. It's not that they can't afford it, they just couldn't care, and mama do they know how to frabicate excuses to win over some unsettled consumers.. disgusting. That's the truth, thus the grim reality.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM
Great job, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:51 AM
Sweet retro! Thank you. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 11:55 PM
You awesome you. \m/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th May 2015 at 5:28 AM
This is Route 66 Americana at it's best! I downloaded the I heart the 50's diner stuff from the sims store and I plan on changing out some of the seating in this with stuff from that set. This is going to be a fun lot for my Sims. I think it'll go well in my Lucky Palms world, but really I've seen these diners all over the country so it'd fit in any world.
Page 1 of 2