Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:21 AM
The stripper cake! Well I thought it was funny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:30 PM
The flamingo dancers were funnier.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:47 AM
I'm sorry but the Sims 1 Vacation and Superstar will never be able to be re-created and that really sucks. I loved the whole Studio Town idea and that Sims were only celebs if they wanted to be. I HATE the celebrity system in TS3, OMG. You don't even have to do anything to become a celebrity in TS3, just go to nightclubs and talk to people.. LAME. In TS1 Superstar you had to WORK IT GIRL!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Instructor
#29 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims 1
yea now I remember, but I loved to make my sims buy espresso, also Peni i was referring the man with the monkey that dances and gets in the way unless you listen or watch him and tip him sometimes he would appear on almost every lot.

You mean there was actually a monkey in the game????????? You have no idea how much time I spent wondering where the monkey on the box was and how I could get it....

This thread really makes me want to play sims 1 again.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 10:22 PM
I'm trying to remember what the hurdy-gurdy man with the monkey was connected to...was it the ice cream stand?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 12:02 AM
I thought he was by himself, just him and his monkey (and hurdy gurdy). Giuseppi - that was his name.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#32 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Personally, I thought the campfire thing was hysterical. The Sim children would always crack up when an adult took out a guitar and started a camp song.

I remember that there was a ghost living in that campfire and sometimes he would come out
Mad Poster
#33 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 6:23 AM
Well, something had to spawn him, that's the way the NPCs worked. Somewhere arouind here I've got a Prima Guide to Unleashed. I bet it would tell me.

I never did get the campfire ghost to spawn. A friend told me it would appear if I chose the option "tell ghost stories," but I never got the option. I loved the campfire - six sims, all improving their relationships and adding fun, comfort, and social! But it meant I needed a fire alarm outside. That thing could be lethal.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 4:17 PM
The firework that you could set off indoors to cause massive infernoes. And for some reason if you paused and caught the firework before it landed, you could sell it for some crazily high amount.

I miss the campfire songs, too. I liked it when they would sing "She'll be coming round the mountain".

The whistle they did when cleaning a puddle. My sister and I used to mimic it for our "lolz, I'm totes doing something innocent!" pretend whistle.

And the bronco.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#35 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 2:44 PM
Michael Bachelor is trying to conquer Mimi the Townie so yesterSimday he gathered all his money (not much) and invited her to the posh downtown restaurant. He opted for the two-course dinner (he just could not afford the three-course one) and while they were waiting, an Italian guitarist serenaded them. That made them feel rather romantic so Michael tried some footsies and, for the first time, did not get slapped in return; cuddling was also accepted but absolutely no kissing.

There was also a moment of panic.

Afterwards, they danced for a while; this is when I noticed an elderly lady keeping the toilets clean all the time. Also, Michael wondered if he should buy his date some red roses at the flower shop but they were too expensive as well. Still, Mimi was quite pleased with the date so for once, things are looking up.

BTW, none of the italicized stuff is available in any of the later games.
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 10:20 PM
Paulette Dropinsky.

The costume trunk. I love how even guests change outfits.

A couple things new to me : Playing yesterday and accidentally sending both Bob and Betty Newbie off to work leaving no-one to tend to the new baby, I discovered that sim kids can care for the baby! So big sister Nova fed, played with and sang to her baby sis until the parents returned. Sweet

I wasn't sure if Santa was in the game but gave it a whirl - bought fireplace, tree and left cookies out - but late-staying guests kept eating them so I had to remember to kick them out before bed Then one night Santa teleported in and left a telescope gift :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:31 PM
Also the voodoo doll - was pretty funny watching Bob Newbie slapping himself silly.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
THIS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDr-kSsp_Zc

And also, magic duels. Dragons too! Oh how many missing features. It seems like that with game graphics, features get cut off.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nurny
Maybe it's not IN the game, but this cracked me up to no end when I was 9.

I have seen this picture before, but i forgot it until i saw this again from your post. Thanks a lot, this brings back my great memories with TS1 CD-ROM and a cute intro song. I miss him so much (Will Wright), he's the greatest guy ever.

Quote: Originally posted by scalpearl
Also the voodoo doll - was pretty funny watching Bob Newbie slapping himself silly.

They bring a Voodoo Doll back in TS2, and yes it's so funny when i use it to my hated Sim .

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Test Subject
#40 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 2:40 AM
The giant circus truck, and the tiny clown car in the carpool for the Circus career track.

When sims wake someone by ringing before 6am, they hold the phone out at arm's length but you can still hear the outrage coming down the phone line .
Field Researcher
#41 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
Enchanted gnomes. I will never forget how they went berserk when I used the perfect garden amulet. The possibility of spells to backfire with hysterical consequences. The Paparazzo in Studio Town and the ability to pose for him, or fake a fight with another celeb in front of him.

UGH THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME! They DESTROYED my garden!! I was playing the Goth family btw. I redesigned their entire house making it bigger and revamped the entire graveyard making it creepy and epic, I love the Goths lol. But the gnomes kept attacking Bella so I had to use the move objects on and delete them because she couldn't do anything and was going to starve to death. Stupid gnomes.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:37 AM
I always missed the driveable cars that were available in Bustin Out (console version) when playing on the PC. But there is a huge range available now made by Space Cadet here http://spacecadetssims.weebly.com/
all driveable!!

And when playing the console versions I would always think where is that sofa or bed and then realise its CC and I cant use it on the Xbox LOL
Mad Poster
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:10 PM Last edited by HarVee : 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:20 PM.
One thing I loved about TS1 were those creepy and somewhat random solicitation crank phone calls. I wish they (EAxis) would've added them in TS2

Now remember people - They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#44 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 3:29 AM
My sims were always running to get these calls in hope to get some money...
Field Researcher
#45 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
My sims were always running to get these calls in hope to get some money...

Mine too on the rare occasions that I didn't want to use cheats, LOL.

Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlademasterX2
I have seen this picture before, but i forgot it until i saw this again from your post. Thanks a lot, this brings back my great memories with TS1 CD-ROM and a cute intro song. I miss him so much (Will Wright), he's the greatest guy ever.

They bring a Voodoo Doll back in TS2, and yes it's so funny when i use it to my hated Sim .

TS4 also has a voodoo doll.
Instructor
#47 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 2:49 PM
Yes the gnomes were funny soooo hilarious. I did this an wonder what was there problem, but it got funny after a while soooo funny and if it worked and they where near the nectar oh boy back swimming ok EA got jokes i Have like 5 of them inside that tub. and Yes the Sax guy would be so annoying i had to just turn my volume off. The Whale and the Clarie were so adorable but sometimes i was so oh so mad at her. But THE FLAMINGOS that had to be the greatest ever and the dragoons they are not like the dragons in TS3 they are like way more complicated but those flamingos and gnomes have me laughing for hours. Drew was just kind of the uninvited sim when i had a party. and some EP and Sp i never learned how to work like Superstar. I bought MM then SS. I missed out on so much *sad face*

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
One thing I loved about TS1 were those creepy and somewhat random solicitation crank phone calls. I wish they (EAxis) would've added them in TS2

Now remember people - They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door.
I agree about the calls in Sims 2. That was another area where the humor was lost and I often just turned off the phone in Sims 2 because most of the incoming calls were annoying. Having a phone was important to a family or a Sim just starting out in The Sims, because it might mean a random gift of cash.

By the way, there wouldn't be a Sims without EA. When Will Wright pitched the idea to the execs at Maxis, they weren't excited at all and didn't see the point. But the people at EA, who had just acquired Maxis, were thrilled and backed it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I agree about the calls in Sims 2. That was another area where the humor was lost and I often just turned off the phone in Sims 2 because most of the incoming calls were annoying. Having a phone was important to a family or a Sim just starting out in The Sims, because it might mean a random gift of cash.

By the way, there wouldn't be a Sims without EA. When Will Wright pitched the idea to the execs at Maxis, they weren't excited at all and didn't see the point. But the people at EA, who had just acquired Maxis, were thrilled and backed it.

i really miss those... but it was the same stuff missed from SC3000 to SC4: the citizen cards were so damn hilarious ("Hey Deeptroath, we don't want your trash anymore!") Maxis lost it's touch after sims 1 no more maxis humor from there SC4 too serious, Sims 2 not good enough, sims 3 same as 2, sim city 2015 EEEEEEEEEWWWWWW! how is it posible that even societies was more fun than that i had absolutely no idea... if they were going to ruin the sim city saga they could had conserved sim city social instead, was way better than 2015 too.
Instructor
#50 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:06 AM
ok my favorite thing in the whole world is
CTRL+S
THAT IS THE BEES KNEES
I totally love that stuff this whole saving in live mode killed it but apparently that is how sim city does it

You know what the jobs the jobs are cool none of this lets be a whatever i think TS1-3 got that right normal jobs
some should have normal jobs slacker was kind of funny and nagging that is funny

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Page 2 of 3