Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE 30-MAR-2016) Audition For Band Gigs

by icarus_allsorts Posted 26th Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM - Updated 31st Mar 2016 at 5:54 AM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:02 AM
Pure genius!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:28 AM
You did it again!! Thank you so much for another great mod.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:39 AM
This is awesome. Thank you for making sticking with TS3 the easiest decision I've ever made!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:13 AM
Awesome mod!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:30 AM
Oh my God, this mod is just PERFECT! *_* You're my second favorite modder after Sims MX!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
This is awesome. Thank you for making sticking with TS3 the easiest decision I've ever made!

My words exactly! Thank you! You da
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
BTW, if I can help to provide translation for french, I'm totally up to it! Just tell me how to proceed!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:36 AM
Hey icarus, did you take the "Make Everyone Happy with 1,000 Perfect Mods" Challenge or something?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:41 AM
Simply great! This mod ia a blessing for playing sims in a band )
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:57 AM Last edited by mars97m : 27th Aug 2014 at 9:11 AM.
In italian it's "Fai un provino per un ingaggio per il gruppo"
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:19 AM
I have to go and set up a band in my game now!
This is a great mod, Thanks Icarus!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:28 AM
This is absolutely perfect! Thank you so much :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:30 PM
Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:56 PM
This sounds epic - will have to actually create a band just to try this out; thanks a lot!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:19 PM
I had no idea how much I needed this mod until I saw it! This is exactly what was missing! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:29 PM
Wow, this is so cool! I can't wait to try it!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:14 AM
I love you for making this! Just awesome! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
wow i was wishing the bands worked like this! i recently made a band again and was kinda disappointed they didnt work like the showtime careers. thank you!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:45 AM
Just a quick question (or three): Is it possible for you to be able to make it so that Sims aren't required to audition first? I like the idea of being able to get gigs at locations other than bars & lounges (& Showtime venues?) but would prefer not having to audition first, and combining it with NonaMena's More Gigs mod so that I don't have to wait forever for a gig would make it even more awesome. And if not, is auditioning autonomous or user-directed only? And am I able to tweak the mod to make it autonomous if necessary?

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ludopower
BTW, if I can help to provide translation for french, I'm totally up to it! Just tell me how to proceed!

Just need a translation for "Audition For Band Gig" if you wish to provide one)

Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Just a quick question (or three): Is it possible for you to be able to make it so that Sims aren't required to audition first? I like the idea of being able to get gigs at locations other than bars & lounges (& Showtime venues?) but would prefer not having to audition first, and combining it with NonaMena's More Gigs mod so that I don't have to wait forever for a gig would make it even more awesome. And if not, is auditioning autonomous or user-directed only? And am I able to tweak the mod to make it autonomous if necessary?

Auditioning is hard-coded to be user-directed only (wouldn't be pleasant to have your sim dragged out of work by unseen forces just because one of your inactive bandmates decides to audition without your consent). If you only want to lift the venue restrictions on the gig opportunities themselves, try an XML tuning mod to edit the Opportunites_EP3 XML. Look for the band opportunities (CTRL+F to look for "skillband") and for each applicable opportunity change the following lines:

Example:
<OpportunitiesSetup>
<ProductVersion>EP3</ProductVersion>
<GUID>EP3_SkillBand_DiveBarLow1</GUID>
<Timeout>Gig</Timeout>
<TimeoutData>1</TimeoutData> <- Change to 0 if you want the gig to start on the following day after accepting the opportunity
<TargetData>DiveBarCriminal</TargetData> <- Change to or add the additional venue types (spearate with commas) this opportunity can be generated for. The names of the venue types you can use can be found in the Venues XML.
<EventStartTime>12:00PM</EventStartTime>
<EventEndTime>4:00PM</EventEndTime> <- Change the start/end times as you wish, you'll have to find a time frame where all of the venue types you've added will be open
</OpportunitiesSetup>

(The opportunities without these lines don't need to be changed, they are for paying your band when the gig is completed)

If you changed the venue types, you also have to make the same changes to the opportunity under OpportunityRequirements (CTRL+F to find the next instances of the opportunities name):

Example continued:
<OpportunitiesRequirements>
<Requirement1>HasActiveRockBand</Requirement1> <Requirement2>WorldHasCommunityLotTypeForGigWithBartender,DiveBarCriminal</Requirement2> <- Change or add the venue types as you did above here as well
<Requirement3>HasCompletedNGigs,0,1</Requirement3> <- First number is the minimum number of gigs your band has completed in order to qualify receiving this opportunity, the second is the maximum, change to your liking.
</OpportunitiesRequirements>

And that should be it (you can adjust the payment amounts later down in the XML if you wish). Together with the more gig opportunities mod you should start receiving more gig opportunities so long as you have the venue types you specified in your world (and the lot must have at least 4 instruments and a bartender on it).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:56 AM
Very cool, thank you :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:38 AM
This is brilliant! Thank you for making bands work properly! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#24 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Auditioning is hard-coded to be user-directed only (wouldn't be pleasant to have your sim dragged out of work by unseen forces just because one of your inactive bandmates decides to audition without your consent). If you only want to lift the venue restrictions on the gig opportunities themselves, try an XML tuning mod to edit the Opportunites_EP3 XML. Look for the band opportunities (CTRL+F to look for "skillband") and for each applicable opportunity change the following lines:

Example:
<OpportunitiesSetup>
<ProductVersion>EP3</ProductVersion>
<Timeout>Gig</Timeout>
<TimeoutData>1</TimeoutData> <- Change to 0 if you want the gig to start on the following day after accepting the opportunity
<TargetData>DiveBarCriminal</TargetData> <- Change to or add the additional venue types (spearate with commas) this opportunity can be generated for. The names of the venue types you can use can be found in the Venues XML.
<EventStartTime>12:00PM</EventStartTime>
<EventEndTime>4:00PM</EventEndTime> <- Change the start/end times as you wish, you'll have to find a time frame where all of the venue types you've added will be open
</OpportunitiesSetup>

(The opportunities without these lines don't need to be changed, they are for paying your band when the gig is completed)

If you changed the venue types, you also have to make the same changes to the opportunity under OpportunityRequirements (CTRL+F to find the next instances of the opportunities name):

Example continued:
<OpportunitiesRequirements>
<Requirement1>HasActiveRockBand</Requirement1> <Requirement2>WorldHasCommunityLotTypeForGigWithBartender,DiveBarCriminal</Requirement2> <- Change or add the venue types as you did above here as well
<Requirement3>HasCompletedNGigs,0,1</Requirement3> <- First number is the minimum number of gigs your band has completed in order to qualify receiving this opportunity, the second is the maximum, change to your liking.
</OpportunitiesRequirements>

And that should be it (you can adjust the payment amounts later down in the XML if you wish). Together with the more gig opportunities mod you should start receiving more gig opportunities so long as you have the venue types you specified in your world (and the lot must have at least 4 instruments and a bartender on it).

Awesome! Thank you! Gonna take a crack at this over the weekend when I have time.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:38 PM
Appreciate your mod. Thanks dude!
Page 1 of 3