Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moogle Luv
Subscribed!

I played a resto druid named Arwyne. (small world :p)

Lovecat was actually my first druid and I've leveled, I think 2 since then. I love druids, ok let's face it.. I love running around as a kitty.

You know one thing I'm going to miss about the old thread? Graham popping his head in to say hi or tell us we're wrong about things hehe. He's good people.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Lovecat was actually my first druid and I've leveled, I think 2 since then. I love druids, ok let's face it.. I love running around as a kitty.

You know one thing I'm going to miss about the old thread? Graham popping his head in to say hi or tell us we're wrong about things hehe. He's good people.

Yeah. I'm sure he's glad the game is finally out, now he doesn't have to try to spin things around for sales.

Just kidding. He's a sweetie.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:02 AM
I wonder if there's a way to get all the old regulars in here without annoying the hell out of them or dropping hints everywhere.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:22 AM
I didn't post at all in the TS4 chat thread, but I wanted to thank you lot for making my summer tolerable. I was on my arse for most of it due to a back injury, and there were mornings when the many new pages of that thread were the only thing I could focus on.

And to thank you for being informative as well; I've purchased Banished, a bunch of Melanie Rawn and Juliet Marillier novels, and a comfy contour pillow with what might have been my Sims 4 budget.

Re: WoW, I played paladins and priests and nothing else for 8 years; as my best friend said, there were so many on my account that I could start my own church. But then I discovered boomkin and never looked back. Hm. Kinda miss WoW, maybe I'll check it out when the expansion hits.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:22 AM
Maybe posting it in your sig?

Or PMing them if you're feeling brave enough.

Edit: A response to Lovcat about promoting this thread. Was super ninja-ed kinda. Haha.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Maybe posting it in your sig?

Or PMing them if you're feeling brave enough.

Edit: A response to Lovcat about promoting this thread. Was super ninja-ed kinda. Haha.

Just added it to my sig cause I'm a chicken lol. Bock bock bock.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:43 AM
Speaking of WoW, I am mainly a Plate Melee DPS type of guy. Ranged casters were never my thing.
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
Speaking of WoW, I am mainly a Plate Melee DPS type of guy. Ranged casters were never my thing.

I have a pally who I love, just have to level her to 90 which I'm dreading even though it's only 5 levels. I always wanted a priest or a warrior. I liked being a healy tree/moonkin until they took it away. I love the moonkin dance.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Scholar
#34 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:09 AM
Just escaped the mayhem. Total chaos. Thousands are dead. Mutant babies roam the radioactive wastes.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM
I usually use the EAxis term and I feel it's probably appropriate since the mindset runs rampant with the higher ups and the producers. I have a feeling the people who actually got their hands dirty with the game are pretty proud of what they did and in some aspects, they really should be, but the big wigs wanted to make it this hip reality tv mockery hashtag fustercluck.

For instance the autonomy isn't entirely messed up. Sims do stupid things, but they're also sweet. This one sim that my sim's husband cheated on visited the house every single day up to the day that he died. He was like "Let me in. Please? I'll keep it in my pants."

what the heck happened to your let's talks? i found your you tube account closed .... waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suze94947
what the heck happened to your let's talks? i found your you tube account closed .... waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm re-uploading them to a new channel and I'm going to be recording a few episodes tomorrow all professional-like lol. Had a bit of a youtube mishap trying to get rid of an old channel, I talked about it a few posts back. https://www.youtube.com/user/thereallovecat (I always feel awkward linking/promoting the youtube channel, I'll never get used to that.)

Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Just escaped the mayhem. Total chaos. Thousands are dead. Mutant babies roam the radioactive wastes.

This is VERY important. Did any of the mutant babies bite you?

Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:49 AM
Yea a place to come and chill. I feel like we need t-shirts: I survived the TS4 release.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:33 AM
I wondered where you guys went! I'm also still holding on. At this stage I'm not even thinking about thinking about getting the game.

Thank you for linking your new Youtube channel, Lovcat. I've only watched the first 2 videos but would like to check out the rest as well.

I miss only going to one thread to catch up. Now everything and everyone is scattered all over the place.

Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:03 AM
The electricity in my room of the house went out, possibly a blown circuit or something. Yay.

Scholar
#40 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:47 AM
This is VERY important. Did any of the mutant babies bite you?

I was able to shove a few others down, allowing me to escape whilst the babies tore into their flesh and strangled them with their weird snail eyes.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM
Ohey... A fallout shelter! J/k... I don't think there was any nuclear-like explosions from the release... It feels pretty tame if you ask me. XD

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Forum Resident
#42 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:44 PM
Saw some of your Let's Talks, lovcat. Thanks for those! I didn't have the attention span to keep going once you hit build mode, but I might go back later.

For the record, I haven't bought TS4 yet, either. Probably won't for a long time, if ever, though it makes me rather sad. I spend an indecent amount of time fantasizing about the kind of life simulator that I wish it was.

Also, count me in for hugs!
Scholar
#43 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:16 PM
Glad to hear that here is some people who don't lost their head and don't give in for that herd mania to buy sims 4.
Alchemist
#44 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:17 PM
Want my hugs, too!
I haven't bought this new shiny, either. I'm loving my CASt and going boating. Why should I worry about a "mood" game at this point?
Forum Resident
#45 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:26 PM
Holy shit, what the hell happened? Classes just started up for me and I missed all the drama. I take it that the entire thing is a total fiasco?

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Scholar
#46 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
Holy shit, what the hell happened? Classes just started up for me and I missed all the drama. I take it that the entire thing is a total fiasco?

Hmm, as far as the thread getting locked, we're not really sure. At the time of lockage, there was no real drama to speak of.

Fiasco status of game: It doesn't look any better than the more cynical MTS members suspected, but some people still bought it (especially, like myself, once it went on sale at key reseller sites for $40 instead of $60), and I think the average feeling is more 'meh' than 'omg, total trainwreck'. Mainstream gaming media is giving some signs that it's going to roll over, so I think EA is going to be fine...once again. And that's sad, but what can you do?

And then this thread is mostly for people who wanted to be able to go on talking off and on-topic about random stuff (hence we're in Off Topic) and also sit back with popcorn and watch the TS4-calypse unfold, some of us having bought it and making the best of it, some of us having bought it and continuing to bitch (raises hand), and some of us still holding out...

I think that about sums it up?
Scholar
#47 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moogle Luv
Subscribed!

I played a resto druid named Arwyne. (small world :p)

My first WoW toon was a NE Druid named.....Gwynne.

She's probably still out there somewhere on a day one server.

(I've spent most of my WoW career raiding as a frost mage, whether frost was viable or not, fortunately I had guildmates with a sense of humor. Sadly I lost my guild in the divorce, if I ever found a good one I'd go back to raiding when Draenor launches, perhaps.)
Scholar
#48 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
Yay, this thread!
And yay, fellow WoW players!

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#49 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:21 PM
I read the last page and it didn't look all that dramatic, unless I missed something that went on behind the scenes, as it were. Although I did see someone putting the n-word in a spoiler for shits and giggles, so uh. Welp.

And I don't think I've ever seen a post of HP's get so many disagrees than when she locked the thread.
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:39 PM
I'll see your hug and raise you a sandwich.
Page 2 of 130