Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Collection Dig Sites - UPDATED

by Snaitf Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM - Updated 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:04 PM by Snaitf

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
yes! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:52 PM
i love it thanks!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:30 PM
Great idea! At lease my sim doesn't have to travel far to a "small chance" to get what they need! Now ONLY if the gardening plants were available. :/

Thanks for the MOD!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:33 PM
Thanks so much for this. Hoping for buyable garden plants soon.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:01 PM
Whenever I see your name on a download, I know I will probably like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
You rock! I have three collector aspiration sims and this will come in super handy. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM
super handy for me i wish there a way for the fish and the plants has will .... Can u make a mod for faster speedy skill Gain LV?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:37 PM
My Sims found all of the metals, but sent one in for the element. She never could find another Firaxium to complete her collection! Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:23 AM
don't work for me i can't found it in the game, please help, and thanks
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carokunz

It in decorations if you click to view all.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Be sure you have Mods enabled in the game options and this works best if unzipped and placed in the Mod folder. I tried it as zip file, but I couldn't see anything either. Hope this helps?
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:48 AM
These are not script mods, not even tuning mods, these are objects. You must extract .package files into your mods directory for them to show up. They will be under Buy Mode - By Function - Decoration - Miscellaneous
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:23 AM
I do not understand, nothing happens,
I have to activate testingcheats true?
i have enabled mods, i have another mods but this one don't work for me
thanks for your help
Is Claeric
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:26 AM
Two questions:

1. Are the collectibles found from the rocks random from the list of available collectibles, or based on the neighborhood you're in? e.g. can you get all collectibles from them or only those available in your neighborhood?

2. Is it possible to amke these cost money? Like, 200 simoleons each or something?
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:27 AM
I do not understand, nothing happens,
I have to activate testingcheats true?
i have enabled mods, i have another mods but this one don't work for me
thanks for your help

Ok, after extracting the .package file from within the .zip, and placing it into your mods folder, does the game show this file (Snaitf_Buyable_Dig_Sites) in your mod list? If so, you can find them by loading your game, going into buy mode, selecting By Function, choosing Decorations from the drop-down list, then choosing Miscellaneous. The will be a few rows down, towards the middle of the item selections. The look like a rock, and a log, respectively. Otherwise, I don't know what to say, they seem to be working for everyone else...
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simify
Two questions:

1. Are the collectibles found from the rocks random from the list of available collectibles, or based on the neighborhood you're in? e.g. can you get all collectibles from them or only those available in your neighborhood?

2. Is it possible to amke these cost money? Like, 200 simoleons each or something?

1 - As far as I know, the collectibles are not based on the neighborhood. Else, there would have been multiple objects, and I only see one for each. (Unless I've missed something.)

2 - Yes, yes it is. But I don't want to.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Ok, after extracting the .package file from within the .zip, and placing it into your mods folder, does the game show this file (Snaitf_Buyable_Dig_Sites) in your mod list? If so, you can find them by loading your game, going into buy mode, selecting By Function, choosing Decorations from the drop-down list, then choosing Miscellaneous. The will be a few rows down, towards the middle of the item selections. The look like a rock, and a log, respectively. Otherwise, I don't know what to say, they seem to be working for everyone else...

now wooorkssss!!!
i delete the mods folder and then create again, place the mods and now works perfectly
thank you so much for you help!!!
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:17 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:31 AM
My curators will appreciate this! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:15 PM
Yeah! What samd440 said: "My curators will appreciate this!" Collections without the pain of travel, if I need another My Sim Playful Mood Modifyer. LOL! Love it!
Is Claeric
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:32 PM
That's odd, because I'm like 98% sure that each neighborhood has a different variety of collectibles...

Would it be possible to explain how to change the price if you're not going to?
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM
That's odd, because I'm like 98% sure that each neighborhood has a different variety of collectibles...

Would it be possible to explain how to change the price if you're not going to?

1 - I'm gonna test the neighborhood thing, we'll see.

2 - Open the .package in s4pe, choose the COBJ file, click 'grid', and change the 'price' hex.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
I think I am in love!!!
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:39 PM

After much testing, I was able to collect all of the metals and crystals using nothing but these, all on the same lot in the same neighborhood.
Page 1 of 2