Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Repairs

by mrclopes Posted 1st Oct 2014 at 7:42 AM - Updated 29th Oct 2014 at 5:24 AM by mrclopes : small update and corrected description

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:04 AM
Copy archive or extract package?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by e_girs
Copy archive or extract package?

extract package
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:34 AM
Thank you so very much and more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:48 AM
genial ! can you make a mod for the sims not always going to drink milk or juice in the fridge ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 5:31 PM
Ah, good idea =). I would be hesitant to use it in my own game though, because I always try to have certain sims stick to certain skills (one for most of the cooking, one for all the handiness stuff etc) -- not sure how common that is. Do you know whether it's possible to make this attractive only for certain sims, like those who already have handiness or have a nerd trait / knowledge aspiration or something? I know there are conditions and whitelists for that, but not how that ties in with fun advertising.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:13 PM
Thanks for your amazing work at making Sims4 better!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:32 PM
It works great! Only it works too great. There isn't a check to see if the sim is a member of the household and now visitors are ripping off my salvage parts. But it works great, good work! *hug*
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:20 AM
I agree, only household members should be able to do this!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:58 AM
Default Yes
Quote: Originally posted by saglac
genial ! can you make a mod for the sims not always going to drink milk or juice in the fridge ?

The milk and juice animation is annoying. Sims go and get a drink at the bar or the fridge and never finish it leaving glasses all over the house.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:01 AM
What a great mod idea. I hope it works. Is it possible to be able to change the mod so that it applies to a specific sim? Say one who has a high handiness skill? I would t want a low skilled handiness sim to go repairing electronics and fry the self.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:28 AM
Awesome mod! It make me wonder if its possible to add autonomous try for a baby or find a job or develop skils? I think that would be awesome if the neighboors actually live their lifes like we can...

Sorry if the english is bad.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:42 AM
Well I’m not sure I’d want my neighbours to autonomously try for baby in MY HOUSE

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Ah, good idea =). I would be hesitant to use it in my own game though, because I always try to have certain sims stick to certain skills (one for most of the cooking, one for all the handiness stuff etc) -- not sure how common that is. Do you know whether it's possible to make this attractive only for certain sims, like those who already have handiness or have a nerd trait / knowledge aspiration or something? I know there are conditions and whitelists for that, but not how that ties in with fun advertising.

It is possible, I actually made it tied to skill level, if a sim have no handiness at all they won't consider repairing broken stuff. I will be testing in my game, and will upload an update if I don't notice any problems.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:20 PM
That sounds great! Thanks =)
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Well I’m not sure I’d want my neighbours to autonomously try for baby in MY HOUSE

Even though I think it would be something fun to watch, I do not want these things to happen in the active house but in their homes. The question is: Is that possible to do without having to make deep changes in the code?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:25 AM
very good
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:29 AM
Nice mod. If the sim has the has the special handiness/repair reward, will they opt to do a faster "insta-repair" compared to a normal repair.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrclopes
It is possible, I actually made it tied to skill level, if a sim have no handiness at all they won't consider repairing broken stuff. I will be testing in my game, and will upload an update if I don't notice any problems.

Works great and it was a totally necessary mod. It is real stressfull to repair toiletsseveral times a day. The alternative is to make everything unbreakable at least in bathrooms. In real life my toilet have never broke in decades. Electronics and cars though.
EA should consider skillfull sims to make or repair furnitures instead.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:37 AM
Thank you. Clever idea and well thought out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 9:31 PM
Awesome, thanks! I hate to ask this, but i'm a complete N00b when it comes to Sims coding, could someone create a "No autonomous laugh at enemy's grave" mod? My Sim can't finish making a meal without laughing at their Ex's grave two to three times before hand. It was really funny at first, but now its annoying.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Nice mod. If the sim has the has the special handiness/repair reward, will they opt to do a faster "insta-repair" compared to a normal repair.

Nope, but it's a very good idea to do so if they already have max handiness skill. I will certainly include it in next version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:56 AM
thanks,good idea
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:40 PM
Great Mod!!! Thanks. :-)x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:41 AM
Thanks. this is great