Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:08 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 17th Oct 2014 at 2:16 PM.
Default s4pe catalog resource wrapper
I have decided to maintain my own wrappers for the time being as Kuree already has as much to do as he has time for. I have the download and source code available at http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=3306.0 and will post here when I update. Those of you who don't want to or can't sign up at my forum can also post bugs and feedback in this thread.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:21 PM
Thanks Inge! Stickifying to make sure it remains visible =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:54 PM
Also, there are wrappers for walls, floors and terrain paint now available over at simlogical:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...topic,3306.html

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:37 PM
S4PE 0.2c was released yesterday -- apparently includes most of the updates: https://github.com/Sims4Group/Sims4Tools/releases

Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:55 PM
This is so exciting! Love it!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
S4PE 0.2c was released yesterday -- apparently includes most of the updates: https://github.com/Sims4Group/Sims4Tools/releases

Does this mean, that the dll Inge made is no longer needed with 0.2c?

At this time I only use s4pe to peak inside files and to merge, so do I need to install the Sims4Tools (download button called source) and if I do, do I put the folder into the S4pe folder or do I move the files into the s4pe folder or do I just place the folder in the same folder where I have s4pe?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trold123123
Does this mean, that the dll Inge made is no longer needed with 0.2c?

Mostly, yes. Depending on what you do you might still see a diference.

Quote: Originally posted by trold123123
At this time I only use s4pe to peak inside files and to merge, so do I need to install the Sims4Tools (download button called source) and if I do, do I put the folder into the S4pe folder or do I move the files into the s4pe folder or do I just place the folder in the same folder where I have s4pe?

No you don't need the source, only the distribution. Source is for people who want to compile their own version.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 12:36 AM
Inge? Not sure whether this is interesting for making wrappers, but I tried to poke at feetprints, and noticed the following:

Original data in those fields was 70 84 80 84 (71 I only changed to see whether it's indeed ascii for FTPT and it apparently is). Not sure how to make heads and/or tails of it, to me it just looks like it is .. wrong somehow.
Screenshots

Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:15 AM
Ok I have updated the Catalog Resource wrapper with more types, and fixed a few bugs I had in the last version. Top post at http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...g17261#msg17261 as before. Please note I have decided to maintain these entirely myself, so that means you come to me with any bug reports, either here or in my thread at simlogical. I have told Kuree he can distribute the dll with s4pe but at the moment this comes with some inconvenience as he is refusing to use the name I chose for my dll as he dislikes underscores.

As for the footprint thing, Kuree as far as I know is overhauling the RCOL chain, which I think FTPT comes under so I will bring this to his attention

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:01 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 17th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM.
Thanks for the info, Inge!

Actually, I'm going to move this to Tools now -- sounds like an ongoing project (rather than just a one-time fix).

Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:17 PM
Ok I edited my top post to be a bit more relevant in the context.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:46 PM
Thanks!

I have to admit I have no idea how to tell what kinds of bugs/issues would pertain to the wrapper, and what would be general S4PE issues .. is there a simple rule of thumb how to tell that apart? Or should people who run into any issues whatsoever (with S4PE) be nudged in the direction of this thread?

Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:14 PM
Yes, if you open or edit one of the resources whose type IDs I have listed on the download thread, and it doesn't display or behave as you think it should, that's my problem. Or if I called something "Unk01" and you have found out it's really "Size" then let me know

There is another thread for general s4pe bugs at my site, please post bugs about other parts of s4pe there.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:47 PM
Hi, would you please list the TGI of the resource that you're working on?
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:52 PM
...preferably at http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=3234.0 which is for other s4pe problems

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:57 AM
One new find -- Snaitf posted over at Simlogical already, just adding the pics here:

Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Also, Inge, pbox and I have discovered what Unk15 of the CWAL does. It has to do with how the walls with corners are handled. Some walls with corners will only apply the corner on rooms that are 2xN or larger, and some will apply them to rooms that are 1xN or larger. Changing Unk15 of one to the other, makes them behave the other way.

Pics below, of which behaviour is which. These are unchanged original EAxian walls.
Screenshots

Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:17 AM
Thanks! Nice find

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:51 AM
Walls, MATD, in case you didn't hear it from Snaitf yet:

ElementImageMapKey 0x6E56548A (NormalMap) is actually the BumpMap

ElementImageMapKey 0x19D7A3C0 (433562560) points to this beautiful texture, apparently the same in all walls (all that I've seen, at least):

0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0xCEB31003C33D903C

Tried to figure out what that is (by overriding it with neon green and checking in game), but I didn't see anything (not on my mediocre graphics settings at least).

Also, Snaitf mentioned that S4PE is currently breaking the MATDs -- I can't tell for sure, I can only tell that my hand-knitted wall is not working (displays the famous "???" texture) and I don't see what is wrong (I edited in bump and specular via S4PE/Grid; as far as I can tell the references are correct ..). What is the current state of workingness of that? I am using your wrapper of course.
Screenshots

Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:56 AM
The catalog resource wrappers don't include MATDs those are part of Kuree's RCOL, but I am sure he's monitoring this thread.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#20 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:46 PM
More wall stuff - CWAL (spin off from poking at the goddamn seams)

UnkIID01 -- the ID of the thumbnail under which the wall in question will show
UnkCommon06 -- sort order of swatches within/underneath the thumb

Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:54 AM
Well I give up. Every time I start to do a bit for s4pe (usually at Kuree's request or suggestion), Kuree decides he'd prefer to write it himself and drops what he was fixing before in order to start making the same thing I am already making. So the community will have two lots of catalog resource wrappers to choose from and still no working rcol wrappers (the ones that handle materials and meshes).

I won't risk Levini's wrath by suggesting people may have no choice but to drop Studio rcol wrappers into s4pe

Mud tracking is not my usual style, but I am beyond frustrated. I was begged to come out of retirement and help, but it turns out I might as well have simply stayed retired and saved the irritation.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:45 PM
Hi Inge

Quote:
Well I give up...
...I was begged to come out of retirement and help, but it turns out I might as well have simply stayed retired and saved the irritation.

It's a pity and the most sad thing which it is given to hear today... But we can understand it.

So long.

If you want to know your future...create it!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:05 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that too, Inge - your presence is very missed in TS4 and I hope you'll not go completely back into retirement.
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:56 PM
I'll finish these off then that's it I think.... Then I'll see how much of a hassle modding is. If it's not *too* bad I might make my prison (as usual)

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well I give up. ... I was begged to come out of retirement and help, but it turns out I might as well have simply stayed retired and saved the irritation.

I'm sorry and disappointed to see this. Sad that the outstanding work you and Peter did for TS3 couldn't have been continued for TS4 with better cooperation and communication.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Page 1 of 3