Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Try for Baby in Larger Households

by claudiasharon Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 1:00 PM - Updated 20th Jul 2023 at 1:13 AM by claudiasharon : compatibility for 1.98-1.99

384 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 298 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:46 PM
thanks, it downloaded perfectly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:18 PM
well thats simpler than the other mods...thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:00 PM
THANK YOU so much!!! I've been desperate to have more than 8 in my family. I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with twisted mex stable mod as I can't add one more person to the family. Fingers crossed this works!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:18 PM
It worked!!!!!! My family of 6 children and 2 parents are now expecting baby number 7!!! When I clicked on Romance, sure enough the "Try for Baby" option was clear as ever and it only took one try for her to end up pregnant!! I also checked the computer to see if the "adopt" option was also now available and YES!!! That's there too!!!! I'm so excited I can't see straight!! THANK YOU so much!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:58 PM
Thank you very much. One question: Does this include Same Sex 'Try for baby?'
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:22 PM
Thank you it's working, I went up to 13 sims before I got bored, a shame that you can't modify the 9th+ sim in CAS.
I also tried to split the household, just to see how it would react, and the game crashed, so better be sure about the way you want to run your family before getting a 7th child...
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:32 PM
I have 8 sims and does not work that I have done so?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 6:50 PM
@oceannguyen, no you need a separate mod to enable Try for Baby for same sex couples.
@Dumalfalim I think if you click the Sim you want to change in CAS, make sure you send them to the dresser and they are still selected, they should show in CAS as one of the Sims to change their outfit. At least that is what has worked for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:58 PM
HURRAY finally, yes, omg thank you! xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:40 PM
yay thanks for this!! Moooooooove over octomom..
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:01 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:28 AM
What a useful mod! Here's what I learned from the screenshots though: beware! When taking screenshots, your sims can appear much paler than they really are, and may look sickly or unwell! AHHH!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:35 AM
@D'yani Or it could be the skintone or just the way the lighting looks.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dumalfalim
Thank you it's working, I went up to 13 sims before I got bored, a shame that you can't modify the 9th+ sim in CAS.
I also tried to split the household, just to see how it would react, and the game crashed, so better be sure about the way you want to run your family before getting a 7th child...

I think the other mod for larger households mentioned that would happen when the game tried to generate more than 10 pictures in manage household.

Your comment answered my question though. I wondered if you could modify the extra sims in CAS.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:09 AM
Well, I had over 9 sims and went into CAS and one of the kids in the family has vanished? Not sure what happened but am not sure what to do if launching CAS to change their clothes deletes anything over 8 sims?
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:52 AM
Blast, I read this in TwistedMexi's larger household mod "Edit a Sim: You can not edit a sim while they're part of an extended household. Doing so will remove all but 8 sims."

I wonder if there is a way to add a mod so you can still edit in CAS and not lose all the extra sims in your household?
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:00 AM Last edited by azoresman : 7th Oct 2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: it worked
Quote: Originally posted by alexiskleegrandma
It worked!!!!!! My family of 6 children and 2 parents are now expecting baby number 7!!! When I clicked on Romance, sure enough the "Try for Baby" option was clear as ever and it only took one try for her to end up pregnant!! I also checked the computer to see if the "adopt" option was also now available and YES!!! That's there too!!!! I'm so excited I can't see straight!! THANK YOU so much!!!

Well done but... At giving birth, the dream ends and ... No baby.
I think more has to be done to allow giving birth in a overstuffed household.
Got a bit frustrated.
Thanks.

EDITED
It worked after getting married.
Four couples, same house, 4 babies at the same time (cheating) = 1 happy simmer.
Huge thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 3:14 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM
Default Quick question....
First, I'm going to say again how thankful I am for this mod. I'm happy to report my pregnant mom gave birth to a boy and after 6 girls, he was a welcome addition to the family.Just for a "why not", we also adopted a boy, giving us a total of 10..8 children and 2 adults.

Here is the problem....after I go to change their clothes and hair, when I come back, the household is back down to 8.. So now with these 2 new boys, I"m not able to change their appearance or pick out clothes for them at all....

Can this be fixed????
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexiskleegrandma
First, I'm going to say again how thankful I am for this mod. I'm happy to report my pregnant mom gave birth to a boy and after 6 girls, he was a welcome addition to the family.Just for a "why not", we also adopted a boy, giving us a total of 10..8 children and 2 adults.

Here is the problem....after I go to change their clothes and hair, when I come back, the household is back down to 8.. So now with these 2 new boys, I"m not able to change their appearance or pick out clothes for them at all....

Can this be fixed????

I've talked to one other game mod and a Sim Guru about this. Right now there doesn't appear to be anything modders can do because CAS only allows for 8 sims to be pulled in. Modding the code for this issue doesn't appear to be available though. You could try opening CAS not in full edit mode, you might be able just to change their clothes if it's not in edit mode and not lose your sims. Save beforehand and back up your files before you try.

I seriously want huge households but right now I am kinda at a standstill with the whole CAS thing as I need to edit my sims features because of another bug going on that is causing squinty eyes, large jaws, and thin lips on males when the age up.

You can also temporarily move the sims out, edit them in CAS, then move them back in if you have TwistedMexi's mod for larger households.

HTH
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:41 AM
Grazie o sempre sognato di avere più di 8 Sims
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:07 PM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by Willow Tree
I've talked to one other game mod and a Sim Guru about this. Right now there doesn't appear to be anything modders can do because CAS only allows for 8 sims to be pulled in. Modding the code for this issue doesn't appear to be available though. You could try opening CAS not in full edit mode, you might be able just to change their clothes if it's not in edit mode and not lose your sims. Save beforehand and back up your files before you try.

I seriously want huge households but right now I am kinda at a standstill with the whole CAS thing as I need to edit my sims features because of another bug going on that is causing squinty eyes, large jaws, and thin lips on males when the age up.

You can also temporarily move the sims out, edit them in CAS, then move them back in if you have TwistedMexi's mod for larger households.

HTH

Thank you for taking the time to let me know. I tried just going to the dresser and doing it that way, but the same thing happened. I have no choice but to live with the hair and clothes they come and I don't care..having lots of kids is worth it.

I had thought of moving them out of the house, editing them and then adding them back to the family, but I just can't seem to get that TwistedMex's mod to actually work...Before I found this mod, I had TwistedMex's mod and no matter how I tried typing in the name of the sim I wanted to add to the family, nothing happened.... I followed the directions and in the white box typed this in: tm.fullhouse <firstname> <lastname>. I'd put the first and last name in the spaces every which way I could think of and nothing ever happened... I kept the first and last name separated, put them together and also did the names inside the < > and without them....So frustrating.... But anyway....

I'll keep monitoring the web and who knows...maybe someone eventually can figure out a way around that CAS 8 sim issue. In the meantime, my family continues to grow. Thank you everyone who is able to do these "mods" and custom content. You have a real talent.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:35 PM
Does this work with babies for all?

Come, let us go insane and let us sleep until we rot away~
I ship Drarry, am an Autistic teen who's addicted to gaming and reading.
I love Matt Miller from Saints Row.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:55 PM
I'm sure someone will probably re-create the Duggers with this mod, lol. Good job!
Page 1 of 16