Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Variable Default Relationships Mod

by scumbumbo Posted 18th Oct 2014 at 10:21 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2018 at 6:55 AM by scumbumbo : BUGFIX - Updated for latest game patch (11/13/2018)

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 10:51 PM
This sounds SO fun! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:20 AM
This is such a clever idea. (: Kudos!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:29 AM
Great idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:27 AM
This is a cool idea thanks for sharing this will definitely spice up my sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:10 AM
I love a challenge, I chose the high variance. I can't wait to try this out. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:34 PM
Is there anything in the Relationship pyo files that can enable Young Adults to be parents of Young Adults(for storytelling purposes)? I tried the debug cheat but it doesn't get rid of the romantic interactions.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:35 PM
Thanks! This is pretty cool. I like some randomness in my game.
Deceased
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34
Is there anything in the Relationship pyo files that can enable Young Adults to be parents of Young Adults(for storytelling purposes)? I tried the debug cheat but it doesn't get rid of the romantic interactions.

That would be in the genealogy tracker and it could probably be hacked in with a console command script, but I don't really see why? If this is for a sim whose parents got remarrried, their family tree (if that existed in TS4) should continue to show their blood parents, not step parents - and there's no possible way a YA could be the blood parent of a YA. Then again, I don't see the point with male pregnancy mods either, so I guess maybe I'm too unimaginative, lol?

But yeah, the genealogy tracker would be the thing to look at, specifically set_and_propagate_family_relation().
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
That would be in the genealogy tracker and it could probably be hacked in with a console command script, but I don't really see why? If this is for a sim whose parents got remarrried, their family tree (if that existed in TS4) should continue to show their blood parents, not step parents - and there's no possible way a YA could be the blood parent of a YA. Then again, I don't see the point with male pregnancy mods either, so I guess maybe I'm too unimaginative, lol?

But yeah, the genealogy tracker would be the thing to look at, specifically set_and_propagate_family_relation().

Is there a script mod tutorial somewhere?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:36 PM
That is something that I always wanted, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:25 AM
Very cool idea! It definitely makes things more interesting.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:51 AM
I'm glad you made this mod. I have been wanting this for a while. I picked high variance for a bit of a challenge and to make the game more interesting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:29 PM
Wow this is a very awesome idea, great job! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:00 AM
Very cool! I love it! Does this affect newly born sims, too, in regards to the variance in familial relationships?
Deceased
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 6:56 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 21st Oct 2014 at 7:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Remontii
Very cool! I love it! Does this affect newly born sims, too, in regards to the variance in familial relationships?

Wow, good question - I'm shocked that I never tried that. I would assume that it does as it is part of creating a new sims relationships, but it's equally possible that is hiding somewhere else in the code.

Only one thing for me to do and that's try it

Edit: And the answer is yes it does. The relationships of sims to a newborn and vice-versa are affected by the mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:12 AM
Ill try med for now... and then go higher if necessary, cool idea.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:01 PM
Thank you I was getting bored.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:34 PM
Thank you!! Just a quick question. Does this mod need to be updated for the 10/21/14 patch?
Deceased
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Etta01
Thank you!! Just a quick question. Does this mod need to be updated for the 10/21/14 patch?

No update is required.

The game features this mod alters should be pretty stable and I doubt it will require an update unless there are extremely radical changes from a patch. The mod reads in and uses all of the XML tuning as a starting point, so even if they added a whole new relationship type it should continue to work.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 9:06 PM
Thank you, love all your mods!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 5:28 PM
Thanks for this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 5:22 AM
I love this idea! It reminds me of how Sims 2 worked with all the fun drama Maxis had pre-built into the games. All the townies and pre-made families are so dull and boring in the games now. It's like every family is the Cleavers off of Leave it to Beaver.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:12 AM
Thank you so much for this!
This is the most interesting mod yet and really makes things more real.
Keep up the awesome work! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:19 PM
I noticed your mod when you first released it and didn't think any more about it until now. I find it fascinating and can't wait to try it out! Thank you for sharing it.
Page 1 of 3