Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

M&G Physiology Fix

by gummilutt Posted 16th Oct 2014 at 11:58 PM

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:44 AM
Thank you, very much! I did not understand why my sims with the sports hobby gained skills so fast.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
Although I have both AL and MG, and therefore won't be able to use this, I am thankful that someone pointed out the physiology flaw. I wondered why my sims suddenly stopped learning as quickly when, with every other expansion and stuff* pack they were flying through the subjects! Thanks very much :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:47 AM
chanyphilly, it's for people who have both AL and M&G.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:15 AM
I have always thought of this as the perk for learning physiology - after all it take a good length of time to learn. I have my sims study this if they need the body skill. I don't think of it as broken. However if others do then I am very glad you offer this fix.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:21 PM
As jo so kindly explained, this is indeed meant for AL and M&G. If you don't have AL, you don't have physiology, and if you don't have M&G it's not broken. So if you do have AL and M&G, and you don't want Sims to have instant body after learning it, that's where this is useful. It could also be used with just AL if you haven't patched, but you really should patch so I don't recommend it.

Sandya, I hear you, and a lot of people definitely do enjoy that perk. But, for those like me who don't, I'm glad I could fix it so that I can remove alfixes with all it's obsolete conflicting code
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:25 PM
Instant anything is not a *perk* too me, but then I hate the gradual *dumbing down* of TS2 that Maxis seemed to implement with each EP. (I'm not a 12. I don't like the "OMG!! Happy times forever!!!" thing, but a lot of players do so that's fine.)

This is an excellent & long needed fix! Thanks!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 8:24 PM
Gosh. I've had alfixes in since it was released and touted as a "critical fix", and I've always wondered why my sims got no noticeable perk from studying physiology! Never realized it was alfixes' fault, or that it was alfixes which was stopping those cute date cards. So I won't be using this fix since I'm one of those who want the perk - but thank you very very much for uploading it and drawing attention to the alfixes issues. I've now edited alfixes for personal use to only keep the 1 BHAV that makes NPC tenants pay rent at a vampire-friendly hour, and I'm a happier camper thanks to you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:16 AM
This is amazing thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:56 AM
Nice! Thanks for putting it up.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:17 AM
So that's why my sims leveled up too fast :o
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:58 PM
Thank you. I don't mind a little increase in skill, but always thought that the body gain after reading Physiology was ridiculous. I didn't use alfixes because it conflicted with a lot of mods that I use, and I always wanted a mod that just fixed the broken code in M&G.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 11:59 PM
Oh wow, you did it?! This is trully awesome, I can finally get rid of Alfixes, no offence to the FOJ, but I kept it only because of the physiology bug.
I cannot express how thankful I am, great work!
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:32 AM Last edited by IdleThoughts : 29th Oct 2014 at 3:50 AM.
Unless I'm mistaken, I think one of my Sims figured out how to defy this mod -- those little rascals.

So basically, First, I taught my Sim in college Physiology,and proceeded to use to the workout bench to level up his Body Skill to level 9, which took quite a bit of take, I stopped grinding for skill points immediately after hitting level 9 (his future career only requires 9 body skill points). Anyways, after moving from college to a new blank lot, the first thing he decides to do is to pull out a jump-rope and after one hop hits body skill 10. Was this a minor thing that was overlooked, or is there a greater chance that maybe I let him skill through level 9 longer than I thought?

Edit: I retried the same thing with a new Sim, though it didn't repeat, I'll just assume that I am suffering from insanity.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 9:11 PM
The mod was tested with jumping rope, although not that specific setup. Glad it didn't repeat, because that would be a hard one to figure out

I'm glad that this mod is useful to some of you It's always nice when you share something and it's appreciated.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 12:53 AM
Thank you very much Gummilutt.
I was sure I had alfixes...but was still having that bug. Turns out, I do have alfixes..but outside my game directory..probably because of detected conflicts. So This is cool. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:01 PM
Although i haven't much use for this fix so far, as my sim hasnt learned physiology yet (and therefore body skil works normal) i'm glad to see that someone has sorted it out and without extra stuff.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:09 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:20 AM
Thank you so much! I never understood why this happened, but I always hated it, so this is fantastic!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 10:50 AM
So happy to have found this hack. It has been bothering me for years now, that some sims would gain body in just a few seconds.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:15 PM
This is great; simple and effective. Thanks for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:26 PM
This is great! I just knew that something was wrong with the "instant level gain" after learning physiology. Thanks for fixing, my games to cheaty as is!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st May 2015 at 11:03 PM
Thank you, this did irritate me.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Gosh. I've had alfixes in since it was released and touted as a "critical fix", and I've always wondered why my sims got no noticeable perk from studying physiology! Never realized it was alfixes' fault, or that it was alfixes which was stopping those cute date cards. So I won't be using this fix since I'm one of those who want the perk - but thank you very very much for uploading it and drawing attention to the alfixes issues. I've now edited alfixes for personal use to only keep the 1 BHAV that makes NPC tenants pay rent at a vampire-friendly hour, and I'm a happier camper thanks to you.

I absolutely and completely agree with the above. Thank you very much, Gummilutt, for bringing the whole alfixes issue to our attention and redirecting us towards Charity's thread about it. I'm not going to use your fix, because I think that sims who make the effort of wanting to spend lots of time learning physiology, deserve the quick learning bonus. Fun is that this doesn't make them fit, so they'll still have work to do, anyway! But even though I won't use your fix, I'll still download it for eventualities, and I'm finally gonna REMOVE alfixes. :p
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:03 PM
Thanks BO (and everyone else) It's nice to know that this helps people in more than one way.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 1 of 2