Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Traumatic Divorce for Children

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Oct 2014 at 12:00 AM - Updated 7th Mar 2019 at 6:15 AM by scumbumbo : March 7 bugfix for Version 4a (scripted) version

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:19 AM
Yay thanks so much..... I used to only make mine get divorced after forcing all the kids into the same room to watch....I'm still married (20 Years) in real life and would hate anything like that happening my family but in my Sims games I say Bring on the Sadness....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 1:09 AM
We need more mods like these! For a game that's supposed to be all about emotions, they have some wonky reactions (or should I say non-reactions) :\
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 5:14 AM
I don't know if I need the mod, as I don't do divorce, but your description is priceless.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:05 PM
I love the idea for this mod! I'll be adding it to my game now!! Is there a chance that you are making a similar one for when a Sim dies? Most of the time Sims don't seem to be bothered by a Sim dying haha
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wee Albet
Most of the time Sims don't seem to be bothered by a Sim dying haha

yeah my old sim died, and his wife just cried 2 times and called the sadness line (or whatever it's called) once, and she was flirty and ready to marry someone else immediately! XD
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 6:10 PM
Most of the time Sims don't seem to be bothered by a Sim dying haha

So true. And they actually have to witness the death of a loved one in order to get sad. Pretty sure if someone I love died and I wasn't there to witness it, I'd still be pretty sad...

Thanks for the great mod BTW!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:27 PM
Hi, thank you for the mod.

Say, since you're familiar with this kind of thing, Do you think that you could take a look at the files that control "Go to work", and when the bladder need is red, and change both the normal walk when going to work, and the awkward walk when going to the bathroom to "running"? I would like that for a while now. Thanks again, eitherway. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:34 PM
Thanks this looks really ineresting
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 9:02 PM
Totally off topic but where did you get the in-game pink floyd shirt?
Deceased
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tolkien
Totally off topic but where did you get the in-game pink floyd shirt?

Those were by TommY.KillER here on MTS: ProgRock t-shirts for Teen-Elder Male & Female Sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:26 AM
This is amazing! Do you think you could do something similar for Sims who witness their loved one's death? For me that never actually gives me a sadness buff, it's only when they go to the gravestone that they start grieving and even then it's not very long..
Deceased
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 5:27 AM
I love the idea for this mod! I'll be adding it to my game now!! Is there a chance that you are making a similar one for when a Sim dies? Most of the time Sims don't seem to be bothered by a Sim dying haha

I was planning on making a mod for death as well, yes. Took me a while to get things tuned the way I liked and felt was balanced, but I posted the mod here on MTS tonight.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 12:42 AM
This is pure genius!...I was wondering if there was a way to make a mod that kinda ties in to this divorce mod.
There's something I noticed... when my sims cheated, broke up the relationship and divorced each other, they still somewhat flirted and chatted happily with each other like they were best friends, and I even made them declared enemies, and they STILL did it. I want my sim to be mad when mad for a time, not flirty and happy. So irritating EA!! Another good idea would be negative reactions to pregnancy! Thanks for your mod!
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:54 AM
I have checked the mod for compatibility with the December 16 (careers) patch and no update is required.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:01 AM
The description was just hilarious. And it is really weird when you break up and you still flirt and chat like you are bff's when you are exes. Do you think you cold make a mod to fix that?
Deceased
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThatGalaxyGirl
The description was just hilarious. And it is really weird when you break up and you still flirt and chat like you are bff's when you are exes. Do you think you cold make a mod to fix that?

That's something that has bugged me as well. I thought a bit about how it could be addressed and the best idea I'd had was to change divorce/breakups to a sub-menu that give you an option between a clean breakup where the couple remains friends, a normal breakup which would give them negative feelings to each other, and a messy breakup which would make them mortal enemies. I thought it would be cool too in a divorce if the children took sides, especially after a messy breakup, decreasing their relationship with whichever parent had a lesser relationship level with them.

All of that would be a lot of work, something I'm not prepared to take on at the moment. Who knows though, maybe someone else will read this and like the idea enough to take up the work for us.
Deceased
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:17 AM
I have checked this mod for compatibility with the January 13 game update and there do not appear to be any changes required.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 4:01 PM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 1:34 AM
Thanks so much!
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:55 AM
This mod has been checked against the latest game patch (Feb 3, 2015) and no updates should be required.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:55 PM
I appreciate this. I split up the Goth family before installing this, and Cassandra and Alexander just carried on, as if nothing happened...
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:49 PM
Do you know if this mod is effective for divorcing step-parents, or do both parents have to have given birth to the kid?
Deceased
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheatricalNonsense
Do you know if this mod is effective for divorcing step-parents, or do both parents have to have given birth to the kid?

I honestly can't remember!

From just looking at the XML, it seems like (don't quote me) it only affects the child if the INITIATOR of the divorce is one of their blood relation parents. It doesn't have to be both parents, though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:46 AM
This mod is awesome Ty
Page 1 of 3