Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default overrides for “Animal Squares” rug

by plasticbox Posted 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:20 PM - Updated 9th Dec 2014 at 10:48 PM by plasticbox

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:34 PM
Thank you!

(When are we going to marry?)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:47 PM
I would like to suggest you marry the rugs instead!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:57 PM
Thank.You.

(thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 9:13 PM
Great idea, thank you. I would never have used the original rugs and these are a really attractive replacement.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 9:21 PM
Genius! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:07 PM
Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:41 PM
So appreciative of this one and yes, I am downloading now. LOL! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:01 PM
Thank you. :-)x
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:10 PM
Fixed the catalogue tags (colours corrected, kid-specific tagging removed). Now can someone explain the difference between Aqua and Teal and Turquoise to me, please? =P

(That rug with the kinda greenish blue whatever-it's-called colour is now filed under BOTH Aqua and Turquoise. I guess canonical Teal is a little darker than that?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:21 PM
(Assuming you're serious...) Teal is blue-green, aqua is green-blue and turquoise is the one that's neither of those also blue-green. (Teal is darker..)

/me wanders off wondering just what color turquoise really is me checked
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:29 PM
Pretty, thank you =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:42 AM
I love rugs, and the choices we have had are hideous. Thank you so much for this and I hope someone will do this for some of the other ugly rugs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:32 AM
I desperately needed this! The default color variation was soooo horrible. Thank you for making and sharing beautiful colors.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:05 AM
Thanks so much. The rugs in the game are mostly distasteful (well to my taste at least). I'm in awe at people who can make CC. Thanks again...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 11:15 PM
These are great! Did you tone down the colors, too? The colors on the default striped rugs are so garish in my game that I only ever use a couple of them, but these overrides look so beautiful in your screenshots.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 11:27 PM
No, I didn’t change the colours – these should match the originals exactly. However, the large “Show your Stripes” rug has sixteen colours and only twelve of them are used here (since there are only twelve of these to override), maybe that makes a difference? I picked the twelve that I liked best / disliked least, of course .. i.e. not the bright green one for example.

Other than that, if you see a huge difference between how they look on my screenshots vs. in your game, it might mean that your web browser renders colours differently than the game .. I wouldn’t know how to fix that, I know nothing about colour calibration under Windows. But you could ask in Help about that, since it would mean all of the colours on all download screenshots are off for you, which is probably not good =/.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 12:15 AM
It probably makes a big difference just having the louder of the color combos eliminated. In that case, nice choices
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 8:09 AM
Thanks, these look great. The lack of "custom" ingame rugs and other things is the only downfall to S4.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 5:00 PM
Thank you so much. I have been waiting for someone to recolour some of those useless rugs.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 12:48 AM
Thank you for these rugs! God I love your stuff!
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:28 PM
Thanks, I love these rugs. I only wish these weren't default replacements, as I like the original rugs for a kids room!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:56 PM
fantastic
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:43 AM
THANKS FOR ANOTHER AWESOME IDEA
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:45 AM
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed for my living room, all the rugs I liked were way too big for the tiny house I am making.