Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Notegain
No problem, i may add that to the sims 4 bones resource thread, but i didn't think you needed to change bone names in blender. Actually you shouldn't need them for blender. How exactly are you using them?

I needed to know them for my latest upload here, the glass wings. I cloned them as glasses, but obviously I couldn't assign them to b__CAS_Glasses__ as Blender gives you by default. I needed to assign them to the correct joints as in my TS3 version, which were Spine1, Spine2 and the two Clavicles. Your rig supplied me with the TS4 names for those, which are different from the TS3 names. I fed those into Blender and my mesh came out assigned correctly in game and all working properly just like the TS3 version. So your list was a big help!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#27 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:04 PM
It would be easier to use the Auto Conversion tab in the latest TS4 CAS Tools:

First use the Cloner tab to find and clone a TS4 hair that's similar in shape and length to the one you're converting, then use the Package Mesh Import/Export tab to export the full lod0 mesh of that hair - usually the lod0-2 mesh which should be the biggest mesh.

Go to the Auto Conversion tab. Select your TS3 hair mesh in the "S3 or OBJ mesh" slot. Select the TS4 mesh you exported above in the "S4 Reference Mesh" tab. You can usually leave all the settings alone.

This should give you the correct TS4 bone assignments, using the reference mesh as a model.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
I needed to know them for my latest upload here, the glass wings. I cloned them as glasses, but obviously I couldn't assign them to b__CAS_Glasses__ as Blender gives you by default, I needed to assign them to the correct joints as in my TS3 version, which were Spine1, Spine2 and the two Clavicles. Your rig supplied me with the TS4 names for those, which are different from the TS3 names. I fed those into Blender and my mesh came out assigned correctly in game and all working properly just like the TS3 version. So your list was a big help!

Thank you very much I never thought it may be useful for blender users. May i add this to the bone resource thread?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It would be easier to use the Auto Conversion tab in the latest TS4 CAS Tools:

First use the Cloner tab to find and clone a TS4 hair that's similar in shape and length to the one you're converting, then use the Package Mesh Import/Export tab to export the full lod0 mesh of that hair - usually the lod0-2 mesh which should be the biggest mesh.

Go to the Auto Conversion tab. Select your TS3 hair mesh in the "S3 or OBJ mesh" slot. Select the TS4 mesh you exported above in the "S4 Reference Mesh" tab. You can usually leave all the settings alone.

This should give you the correct TS4 bone assignments, using the reference mesh as a model.

Yes, you are definitely right! Thank you very much for pointing that out.
I guess i need more cofee, my brain stops working without it.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:22 PM
Thank you very much I never thought it may be useful for blender users. May i add this to the bone resource thread?

Yes, I guess it's a bit experimental doing that with Blender, but it might help others experiment too!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Yes, I guess it's a bit experimental doing that with Blender, but it might help others experiment too!

Thanks a lot!

I used milkshape and CASTools as a workaround but it's really a messy way to do this and milkshape is really not the best program you can find to edit meshes and bone assignments.

Now that i look back what i wrote and i see that may be understood in a way i did not meant:
I meant this:
For a project that started in Sims 4 Studio with blender to continue in CASTools and milkshape and sims 3 meshtools on top of it just to fix things is a messy job in my opinion and will be confusing for any beginner. Of course everyone may use every program they want and i personally prefer milkshape over blender.
I'm really sorry if i confused anyone with my comments and/or the way i used to fix things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:02 AM Last edited by SuffieCutie1 : 20th Nov 2014 at 9:11 AM.
Since you sent it like that i thought you would like to do that yourself and didn't touch the textures, so they have no alpha. That's probably what's causing that blocky look.

This is what I did:

And this is what it looks like in-game:

Thanks to you guys, at least I was able to get my converted hairs into the game without having it crash. I tried converting another one but it has the same ugly look as the one above. Any solution?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#33 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 4:19 PM
@SuffieCutie1 Your pictures aren't showing up.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 1:29 PM Last edited by SuffieCutie1 : 20th Nov 2014 at 6:20 PM.
So sorry about that. It should be fixed now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 2:53 PM Last edited by SuffieCutie1 : 13th Jan 2015 at 3:37 PM.
I searched other threads for a solution and this issue is finally solved. Thank you all so much for helping me out!
Page 2 of 2