Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaSTable RabbitHole Replacements

by AussomeDays Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 11:54 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2015 at 7:44 PM by AussomeDays : Updated script

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 12:30 PM
This is awesome!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 12:57 PM
I see I have been missing out on stuff at simlogical... this is FAB! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:00 PM
This must have been a tremendous amount of hard work. Thank you very much. <3
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
I see I have been missing out on stuff at simlogical... this is FAB! :D

You most certainly have! Go on over and see what you can grab while it's still there :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 5:03 PM
Wonderful!!.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 7:49 PM
Thanks So Much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 6:33 PM
This is amazing, they should of been CASTable from the start in my opinion, so thank you for fixing this.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 9:06 PM
T̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶i̶n̶A̶s̶s̶e̶m̶b̶l̶y̶S̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶.̶r̶a̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶

Edit: Nevermind, it worked now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:49 AM
I almost panicked when I couldn't bring this up over at Simlogical! Took me a couple minutes to track it down, and the whole time I'm thinking, "No, no, no! Oh pleeeease don't have thrown in the towel on this project!" THANK GOODNESS I found you here! LOL! I'm so glad you're all finished with this; it was a MASSIVE undertaking! Now you can sit back and enjoy the thank you's and compliments that are sure to keep rolling in! Thank you so very much for making this! You have done such a wonderful job with it, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your dedication over this past year! Take care, Hon!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:52 PM
This is the greatest thing since rabbithole rugs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:10 PM
Touching base...
Thanks everyone for your support, and you are very welcome! I've really enjoyed making these. I know they're not "the" ideal solution in some cases, but at least we can customise a little better (if ye likes 's , that is...lol).

@lolotte89: Hey sweetie, I'm glad you found me! You always manage to brighten my day. I did put a big 'ol note at the beginning of the Simlogical post hoping not to lose anyone in the transition. I had been thinking about uploading them here anyways, but the site kind of intimidated me, and I didn't want to manage having them at two places until they were completed, so thank you Inge for forcing my hand (hope your family arrived safely!).

I'm actually still working on the last set from "Into the Future" and hope to add them shortly. I think I have gotten them "whipped into submission". They were trying to be stubborn with all the utopia/dystopia stuff, but you know how persistent I can be.

I'm hoping to look at some of the other non-rabbit shells once these are completed. I would love to have a castable version of the Eiffel Tower, but I currently use Icarus' enhanced version, and I certainly don't want to lose the functionality he gave it as a restaurant.

I do monitor the thread daily, so if any issues arise, please post so I can take a look.

Take care for now & Happy Holidays!

Amanda
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:45 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 25th Nov 2014 at 10:45 AM.
OMG, this is just what I've been missing in my game! BTW will there be ones from "Into the future" as well?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
OMG, this is just what I've been missing in my game! BTW will there be ones from "Into the future" as well?

Hi there! There will indeed (currently working on). Hopefully, it won't be too much longer. Chaotic household slowing me down, plus bad weather about to start up (I do not like WINTER... ). Hang in there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 6:01 PM
This is seriously amazing! Will definitely have to grab these and start playing TS3 again.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:15 AM
I simply can't imagine the work you've put into this, but the result is something to be so very proud of, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 6:37 PM
Can you elaborate on what it is you're supposed to do to recolor these rabbit holes? They appear in my game just fine and mostly place okay (some claim to be out of bounds when they're clearly not), but clicking on the doors doesn't show me any new menu items and I can't find a description or picture of what I should be seeing when I do click the doors.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:15 PM Last edited by AussomeDays : 26th Nov 2014 at 7:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by the evil writer
Can you elaborate on what it is you're supposed to do to recolor these rabbit holes? They appear in my game just fine and mostly place okay (some claim to be out of bounds when they're clearly not), but clicking on the doors doesn't show me any new menu items and I can't find a description or picture of what I should be seeing when I do click the doors.

Hi,

Behaviourwise, they shouldn't act any differently than the originals (same interactions, etc.) I haven't noticed anything as far as being out of bounds. Some of the larger ones might say this if too close to the edge, but all footprints are pulled from the originals.

To recolour, all you need to do is click on the CaST tool (next to the hand tool) and then click on whatever part of the building you want to change -- this should open up the CaST panel. While the CaST panel is open, you can click on different parts of the building and recolour a different part. When finished, close the CaST panel, and you're done. The bunk beds work the same way (they are two objects attached together).

Does this help?

_______

I just noticed I forgot to add the how-to-use info when I transitioned these from Simlogical....sorry! Have added that to the first post.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 11:00 AM
Thank you so much! After the first week of playing the base game, I was never again interested in how my town looked. I just ignored it and mostly kept my sims and my focus at home where I could have a lot of influence over the 'look' of my game. I love the looks I can get with these new babies. My interest in sims is revived.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:17 AM
Love them! Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 11:51 PM
Holy cow! :blink: Can the same thing be done for the fugly LN highrise shells? :blink:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 2:54 AM
You're welcome, everyone! Hope you're finding them useful.

Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Holy cow! Can the same thing be done for the fugly LN highrise shells?

I am gonna look at all the other shells once I finish up with Oasis Landing...no promises, though. I don't know how they're going to react to having part attachments seeing as how they disappear / reappear when you move up and down floors, but I certainly want to give it a try.

It's amazing the way I'm still managing to learn so much. Objects that you think would be similar turn out to be completely different in their design and functionality....inconsistency can be frustrating...lol. This bloody hover train / monorail thingy is what's holding me up on completing Oasis Landing. They are being extremely uncooperative. I have successfully built a working one on a blank world, but a few of the interactions are either changing their "string" name to the "class" name for no apparent reason, or not showing up at all, and the only thing I want to do is remove the "if this is a future world" check from the Travel interactions so they'll be usable on any type of world (with proper .INI files, of course). I'm ramblin' again....

Gonna get back to it for now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 4:17 AM
This is brilliant ^.^ can't wait to use them! So glad there are smart people in this world!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 9:30 AM
I have been waiting for something like this FOREVER. Amazing work! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 5:51 PM
OK, I've finally managed to complete the rabbits from Oasis Landing. Hopefully, everything is good. I think this is the last of the rabbitholes (aside from Icarus' modded Eiffel Tower), so enjoy! Be sure to redownload the Main Assembly Script so that they will work, and post if you run into anything unusual. Also, read the notes regarding the Hover Train if you decide to try it out.

Glad I finished before Xmas

Amanda
Page 1 of 5