Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Table Lamps Anywhere

by plasticbox Posted 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:34 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2015 at 4:57 PM by plasticbox

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:31 PM
Oops, please redownload!

One resource was missing from the package (leading to "Failed Script Call" errors when trying to apply the 1st colour in the list to the Long John Buttercups lamp .. luckily that was exactly the lamp I initially made the fix for, so I just noticed when back in game)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:32 AM
Awesome; thank you! That ridiculous shadow has been keeping me from using a perfectly good lamp, and although I hadn't wanted to put lamps on shelves before, I sure do now!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:47 PM
Finally. If I want to put my table lamps on the floor, I'll put them on the floor, damn it! Really useful. I hate how all the shelves and whatnot have so few clutter slots and no slot for lamps.
Now all we need is more slots on kitchen counters!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:51 PM
You should have been able to put anything on the floor in the out-of-box game already. Also, this has nothing do to with slots, I'm editing the *lamps* here, not shelves or anything else.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
#6 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You should have been able to put anything on the floor in the out-of-box game already. Also, this has nothing do to with slots, I'm editing the *lamps* here, not shelves or anything else.

Ah, fair enough. Well either way, I can finally put lamps on shelves!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
I was only wondering today, after having downloaded your window fix yesterday, whether you would be the person to fix that broken lamp shadow and here you have!
Any chance you could take a look at the broken Simple double door found in the prebuilt gyms?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:02 PM
I'm not interested in that double door myself (I don't use the prebuilt lots and all of my own are kinda rural / traditional right now). But if you want to fix it -- you know how to use s4pe, right? --, if it's a similar issue it would be a wrong reference in one of the MLODs. In the window it was quite easy to see since it was only wrong in one colour .. so if you compare them all you should be able to spot the one that is off. Best post in Create if you have questions!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:04 AM
That desktop lamp was soo annoying.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:32 PM
I have been waiting for this. Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 10:59 AM
Very useful indeed. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM
Thnx so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 1:48 AM
Bless this mod. So many little things in TS4 that drive me up a wall, it's lovely to find fixes for at least some of them. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 4:14 AM
Very USEFUL :D
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:29 PM
Thank you :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:22 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 9:17 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:38 PM
that's really helpful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st May 2016 at 6:51 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 3:53 AM
Thank you for making the lamps more useful. Hope you are doing well.