Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Computer Whiz Aspiration fix (V2 Dec.16)

by Shimrod101 Posted 1st Dec 2014 at 3:22 PM - Updated 19th Dec 2014 at 5:39 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for Dec.16th patch

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Deceased
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:11 PM
I haven't had this happen in the game, but now I know I won't ever have to see it happen. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 5:22 PM
How can you do live streaming gaming if you are not in tech career as it takes ages to actually be able to get money in the tournaments by winning or getting at least 3rd..
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 5:55 PM
My Computer Whizz Sim wants to go the Criminal/Digi-thief route instead of TechGuru, so this is very helpful!
(Not a big fan of aspirations being tied to certain careers - makes sims too steroetypical imho).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liverbird
How can you do live streaming gaming if you are not in tech career as it takes ages to actually be able to get money in the tournaments by winning or getting at least 3rd..

I think you have to be in the career to do the Livestreaming yourself. My sim could do it when he hit either 9 or 10 as a Pro Gamer; when I had him quit the job, the ability was gone, now he can watch livestreaming only.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 8:37 PM
Appreciate your time and talents in creating this fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 11:53 PM
I wish there were two different option for ALL aspirations. One that is career driven, where you have to advance in a particular career. And a second that is freelance, where no advancement in a career is needed. For those of us who don't like a 9 to 5 job but still want to pursue some apsirations.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 12:11 AM
thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:10 AM
Oh god thank you so much this is beautiful. I have a pro gamer at home that has the computer whiz aspiration and i was so sad that I wouldn't be able to fulfill his aspiration but you've saved me! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 12:48 PM
great
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trickai
I wish there were two different option for ALL aspirations. One that is career driven, where you have to advance in a particular career. And a second that is freelance, where no advancement in a career is needed. For those of us who don't like a 9 to 5 job but still want to pursue some apsirations.

that would be nice. lets say your trying to play a homeless sim like you could in sims 3, as of now is pretty much impossible because if you don't make enough money to pay your bills, not only does your plumbing and electric get turned off, but you also are not able to use those type of items at community lots. In this game a "homeless" sim still has to be able to pay their bills in order to shower or watch a tv somewhere.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:03 AM
thank :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 3:05 PM
I haven't got this far in the game yet but thanks for doing this fix!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 3:19 AM
Fixes are always important, so thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:26 AM
Thanks -- I have Sims that I want to get Computer Whiz but I don't want them to have to go through Tech Guru.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyjme
that would be nice. lets say your trying to play a homeless sim like you could in sims 3, as of now is pretty much impossible because if you don't make enough money to pay your bills, not only does your plumbing and electric get turned off, but you also are not able to use those type of items at community lots. In this game a "homeless" sim still has to be able to pay their bills in order to shower or watch a tv somewhere.

I thought they fixed that so Sims who've had water/power turned off can still shower at the gym or the parks (I added showers to the restroom buildings at both parks).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 10:38 PM
Looks like today's patch removed the career requirement for Computer Whiz, so this mod may no longer be needed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 5:53 PM
This mod is updated to V2 for the December 16th patch; the earlier mod file must be removed from the Mods folder when using the new one.
Quote: Originally posted by justme2
Looks like today's patch removed the career requirement for Computer Whiz, so this mod may no longer be needed.

No, they haven't removed it; both of these career level objectives are still in place in vanilla game. They removed a different objective on the final phase 4, the one for an amount of money earned through Livestreaming. The file which defines this livestreaming objective is completely removed from the game, so it is also removed in my V2 mod here along with the two career level objectives.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 8:32 PM
Great, TY...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:27 AM
This mod is fine with the January 13th patch.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 10:18 PM
I had the same exact Problem during the Pre-December Patch but, I will still use this just in case! thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 7:13 AM
Thank You! I hadn't downloaded this but saw it a while ago. Now when I got to the last milestone of the computer whiz aspiration I was at level 6 of the tech guru Career and it did not recognize that I was beyond level 5 guess you need to be at level 5 when you start the last milestone.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:06 PM
This mod is fine with the February 3rd patch.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:30 AM
Now there just needs to be a mod like this for the Renaissance Sim aspiration. The next set of goals says that I need to reach level 3 of any career, but I'd already gotten past that and got to level 4 before receiving that goal, so now it's not registering and I'm not finding any other mods out there to fix the problem. I wonder if all the aspirations have these sort of glitches. I haven't played long enough across multiple sims to find out yet....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:07 PM
I think the Renaissance Sim is designed that way on purpose, because you get the next goal: reach level 3 in two careers; and the next goal after that is reach level 3 in three careers. So the entire point is that the player is required to start these careers while doing the aspiration. So I don't think it is a goof or bug that you don't get that first one registered when you are already level 4 or 8 or whatever in your current career.

Page 1 of 2