Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 12:38 PM
View First Unread Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 8544 (Who?), Viewed: 364393 times.
Page 342 of 342
Top Secret Researcher
#8526 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 6:17 PM
Yep. CK2 is also having an EP release on the 13th, and boy howdy is it looking like the opposite situation to this one. It may be the last one we're getting for that (2012) game, but if so, it's going out with a bang. It'll be Holy Fury that gets my money.
Field Researcher
#8527 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 6:39 PM
I have to say I liked what I saw with a lot of the build and buy items coming with the pack however I still don't think it's work 40 bucks. If I get it in the future I want to get it in sale. I will spend no more than 20 for it. But I still have no desire to get the pack upon release. I've bought packs before just for the items not necessarily the game okay but I'm tired of doing that I want to enjoy the whole pack in itself and not just the items and CAS
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8528 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 6:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims_Lover
So much unused space.

Yes! They force players into these ultra tiny spaces that have very little actual space and then go to town designing the worlds that players can’t even access.

There’s no reason why that entire block of Mirage Park can’t be 5-7 small starter lots.

I’m also 1000% over gyms and museums. They never, ever do anything remotely interesting with them. I’m also 1000000% over lots looking better on trailers than they do in-game. The nightclubs in the trailer are vibrant, colorful, creative, and well designed. Then, we snap back to the game and the colors are browns... tans... one color.

l understood underwhelming lots in TS3. They had it crank out 50+ lots before launching something. There’s no reason for that to happen in TS4.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#8529 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Yes! They force players into these ultra tiny spaces that have very little actual space and then go to town designing the worlds that players can’t even access.

There’s no reason why that entire block of Mirage Park can’t be 5-7 small starter lots.

I’m also 1000% over gyms and museums. They never, ever do anything remotely interesting with them. I’m also 1000000% over lots looking better on trailers than they do in-game. The nightclubs in the trailer are vibrant, colorful, creative, and well designed. Then, we snap back to the game and the colors are browns... tans... one color.

l understood underwhelming lots in TS3. They had it crank out 50+ lots before launching something. There’s no reason for that to happen in TS4.

I absolutely agree... And again the excuse behind why they could not expand on it is just sad. If there's truly a concern with performance why even mention wanting to expand the game for at least 3 more years? It's makes absolutely no sense
Field Researcher
#8530 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:12 PM
Give. Me. CASt.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8531 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
I absolutely agree... And again the excuse behind why they could not expand on it is just sad. If there's truly a concern with performance why even mention wanting to expand the game for at least 3 more years? It's makes absolutely no sense

Wait until University Expansion Pack drops.

We’ll get a 20x20 co-ed dorm and a 30x30 student union which is a bar for some reason. All in one neighborhood.

No need to live on campus since you can live at home. All of the classes and social activities will be rabbit holes. No mechanics, since there’s already so much to do they didn’t want to overwhelm players with new content. No new hobbies, skills, careers, traits, etc., as there’s now too much content to scroll through. Build buy is paper thin, so each new rug and poster stencil is now a new item.

The price has also gone up due to inflation from $40 to $50.

“This will be the greatest pack ever!!!”
“I’ve pre-ordered already!”
“The haters are so negative! I’m so thankful to have the Sims!”
“The new world is so cute!”
“The gurus are so right! I am overwhelmed with features I don’t even use! This is the perfect pack!”

That one realistic comment:
“That’s all we’re ge-“ *banned*

Field Researcher
#8532 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
Wait until University Expansion Pack drops.

We’ll get a 20x20 co-ed dorm and a 30x30 student union which is a bar for some reason. All in one neighborhood.

No need to live on campus since you can live at home. All of the classes and social activities will be rabbit holes. No mechanics, since there’s already so much to do they didn’t want to overwhelm players with new content. No new hobbies, skills, careers, traits, etc., as there’s now too much content to scroll through. Build buy is paper thin, so each new rug and poster stencil is now a new item.

The price has also gone up due to inflation from $40 to $50.

“This will be the greatest pack ever!!!”
“I’ve pre-ordered already!”
“The haters are so negative! I’m so thankful to have the Sims!”
“The new world is so cute!”
“The gurus are so right! I am overwhelmed with features I don’t even use! This is the perfect pack!”

That one realistic comment:
“That’s all we’re ge-“ *banned*

Sadly I can see this happening. What sucks even more is University is also one of my favorites besides seasons... But you're probably right.... 😞 Why does it have to he this way....
Lab Assistant
#8533 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 9:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
Sadly I can see this happening. What sucks even more is University is also one of my favorites besides seasons... But you're probably right.... 😞 Why does it have to he this way....

Because people keep buying. EA has the opportunity to milk this cow for 3 more years while paying next to nothing on production costs, so they're gonna do it. They don't care about the quality or stability of the product; I mean they gave Sims 3 like 11 expansions and 10 stuff packs and then only once Sims 4 released were they saying "btw you probably shouldn't try to run all the packs at the same time." Island Paradise was practically a scam due to it's bugs, too.

If there's money and demand for this market, EA will continue. Ironically, I feel like Sims 4's lack of features are a strength, because it means the community continues to crave said missing features and fails to look back and realize they've been strung along for four years now.
Field Researcher
#8534 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
Because people keep buying. EA has the opportunity to milk this cow for 3 more years while paying next to nothing on production costs, so they're gonna do it. They don't care about the quality or stability of the product; I mean they gave Sims 3 like 11 expansions and 10 stuff packs and then only once Sims 4 released were they saying "btw you probably shouldn't try to run all the packs at the same time." Island Paradise was practically a scam due to it's bugs, too.

If there's money and demand for this market, EA will continue. Ironically, I feel like Sims 4's lack of features are a strength, because it means the community continues to crave said missing features and fails to look back and realize they've been strung along for four years now.

You're absolutely right. So there is no way this is going to stop and looking at how players are reaching for The sims 5 no way they wont try to milk that as well.
Alchemist
#8535 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism

I'm starting to think that there is a undeclared race to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to AAA gaming companies.

Quote:
YongYea ‏ @YongYea
During a recent earnings call, Activision reported that Destiny 2 sales disappointed, so naturally, the publisher promised MORE microtransactions down the line...

https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1061416522676137984

I wouldn't read too much into what they have to say about TS3. They'll be throwing TS4 under the bus in a few years so they can sell their new, shiny game, assuming there will be one. Besides, there is no shortage of bugs with TS4 and the same problems with trying to play a game on a system equal to a potato have been a ongoing issue for many for awhile now. One can only cram so many game packs, stuff packs and expansion packs into a computer that wasn't meant for such things.

People think TS4 worlds are small now, wait until worlds become 2 lots in the name of 'performance'.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8536 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:30 PM
It’s astounding really. Considering the engine they’re working with, they should have stuck to a once or twice a year expansion pack model and the infrequent stuff packs (2-4 times a year, depending). No reason to gimp the game. Game Packs are much better than expansion packs, but I rather that quality go towards expansion packs.

Instructor
#8537 Old Yesterday at 1:46 AM
Quote:

The EP`s has to be compatible with the basegame (if that´s the only pack you own),and I guess that is what makes the lots "uninteresting".

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Theorist
#8538 Old Yesterday at 3:36 AM
Quote:

I'm surprised they didn't make a cinema lot designation for this expansion that could have potentially tied into the movie screen game pack from awhile ago. Plus, cinemas and a actor career just make sense?

But yeah, they otherwise should have just left these lots empty, since it's almost guaranteed that most simmers will be replacing these lots immediately.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8539 Old Yesterday at 4:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyadina
The EP`s has to be compatible with the basegame (if that´s the only pack you own),and I guess that is what makes the lots "uninteresting".

Lots in trailers look quite wonderful, with element use of color, style, and lot composition. The same applies to promo material. These lots only use the base game and that pack.

Any design changes made by the trailer team should carry over somewhat - the work hasn’t already been done.

Test Subject
#8540 Old Yesterday at 10:05 AM
why would anyone play destiny 2 when there's fortnite
Alchemist
#8541 Old Yesterday at 3:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
I'm surprised they didn't make a cinema lot designation for this expansion that could have potentially tied into the movie screen game pack from awhile ago. Plus, cinemas and a actor career just make sense?

But yeah, they otherwise should have just left these lots empty, since it's almost guaranteed that most simmers will be replacing these lots immediately.

They kinda could have done it with Movie Hangout SP timing, and even include a few more features (TS3Store ticket system, exclusive films) - in mind If budget and resource wasn't a concern.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#8542 Old Yesterday at 3:52 PM
Quote:
It’s astounding really. Considering the engine they’re working with, they should have stuck to a once or twice a year expansion pack model and the infrequent stuff packs (2-4 times a year, depending). No reason to gimp the game. Game Packs are much better than expansion packs, but I rather that quality go towards expansion packs.

I do wish the streched age span for TS4 will come bitting in their ass, though obviously this will happen If the drop of much cakes will get sold out. Boyfans will still wonder why the content keeps shrinking in every pack

Sorry for double post btw. Im on a phone.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#8543 Old Yesterday at 5:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDreamers
why would anyone play destiny 2 when there's fortnite

Why would anyone play Destiny or Fortnite when there's like every other game.

Test Subject
#8544 Unread Today at 2:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
Why would anyone play Destiny or Fortnite when there's like every other game.

right? why would anyone waste their time with first person shooters when theres minecraft, the best game evah
Instructor
#8545 Unread Today at 3:11 AM Last edited by sayyadina : Today at 3:24 AM.
Quote:
Lots in trailers look quite wonderful, with element use of color, style, and lot composition. The same applies to promo material. These lots only use the base game and that pack.

Any design changes made by the trailer team should carry over somewhat - the work hasn’t already been done.

Sure,but people do build. Or download. Or change the lots,anyway. I always felt the "crap" content in the neighbourhood was only made like that so people would actually be inspired to create more builds themselves, -and feel a bit better than Maxis while doing it. If the game was "perfect" as it is,no modders or builders would be needed. And the sims has always been about creating something yourself.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Page 342 of 342