Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM
Yeah, not functional, unfortunately. We have to bath our dog weekly or she gets itchy and gets eczema. Bonnie used to have a paddling pool, but she used it for play and cooling down; we never bathed her in it.

I have a mental picture of a dog sitting in a convertible going through the car wash now.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Rob, have you ever bathed a dog? ... lol

Realism ... a toy poodle would actually be easier bathed in a sink or small counter basin, whereas a saint bernard would be easier bathed either in a tub, if you are really good, or in a large ground basin. I have bathed both large and small dogs, as well as cats, and the size of the mess to clean up afterwards is relative to the size of the pet bein bathed. Dogs, in particular, shake when they get wet. Big dog = big shake = giant mess; they don't care who or what they get either ... lol.

Lol, exactly. Plus, anyone who's had a golden retriever (3 fur layers) in a hot humid climate knows they are worse than sheep for shedding and amount of fur. You don't want that amount of hair going down your drain!

Shame there aren't more tubs like the OP is asking for. I downloaded the chrome edition tub mentioned and it does look a lot better than the curtained tubs IMO.
Theorist
#28 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I'm looking for a modern-looking shower tub, similar to the Maxis AquaPlus Shower Stall, but a little more modern and better looking. I'm not interested in anything like the tubs with shower curtains that draw around, as I always thought those things look like something out of a 1920's Victorian era flop house.
What I'm looking for should be a two-tile shower tub that would fit into the same space as the Maxis AquaPlus Shower Stall. Shower doors would be perfect, but curtains is also OK, as long as they are not the kind that draw all the way around the tub (there are many of those available).
Also, ideally I could use a bathroom set with some recolors so I can use it for various houses, as long as it includes the above-mentioned two-tile shower tub.

There frankly isn't much available here at MTS. Here is a good example of what I'm looking for, but unfortunately this creator does not allow her stuff to be included in uploads.
TSR has 100 pages of tubs and showers, and I've started making my way through those, but that will obviously take a while, so I thought maybe someone knew of a good set somewhere.

Any help is appreciated.

What about this one? I don't know 'bout TOU though as I didn't see any. Maybe it's in the download.
http://sims.shanegowland.com/category/buymode/bathroom/
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 4:20 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Feb 2015 at 1:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
What about this one? I don't know 'bout TOU though as I didn't see any. Maybe it's in the download.
http://sims.shanegowland.com/category/buymode/bathroom/

??
It's a bathtub and looks nice, but it's not a showertub:
Theorist
#30 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 4:31 AM
Ooops.. sorry

I saw that tub and it looked more modern and totally forgot 'bout you wantin a shower w/ it. Ok, I'll try and keep that in mind (but, that might be hard to do seein as how what goes in one ear sometimes slips out the other :D)
Scholar
#31 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have a mental picture of a dog sitting in a convertible going through the car wash now.

There is a place near me that is a combo car and dog wash and that is actually what their sign looks like. I've never been in it but seeing the sign from the highway makes me laugh
Field Researcher
#32 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 6:15 AM
there's a sims 3 conversion of the island paradise tub, http://amovitamsim.tumblr.com/post/...ion-this-shower

i found it through this conversion database http://322cdb.livejournal.com/ though i don't think it's complete
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 6:38 AM
Good find, I wonder if the glass one was ever done, I'd love that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 7:06 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 12th Feb 2015 at 7:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
there's a sims 3 conversion of the island paradise tub, http://amovitamsim.tumblr.com/post/...ion-this-shower

i found it through this conversion database http://322cdb.livejournal.com/ though i don't think it's complete

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc PERFECT! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

The only problem seems to be...the dog bathing doesn't work. I just tested it and the option to bathe the dog comes up for my test Sim, but when the dog gets to the tub the cue goes away and bathing doesn't happen.
Luckily, this creator is a member here at MTS, so I just PM'd her. I hope she can get the dog bathing to work.
This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for, provided the dog bathing can be fixed. I'm hoping it can, because the option does come up. These are by far the best looking TS2 showertubs I've seen. The small pic on tumblr doesn't do them justice, because they have a very nice, modern-looking tile texture detail.

Superb find, cord11, thank you very much!

Edit: pics

Even the backs and sides are textured

There are also 10 curtain colors.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:14 AM
You're right, they look way better here. After seeing it here I downloaded it as well, can't test though as my game is running.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You're right, they look way better here. After seeing it here I downloaded it as well, can't test though as my game is running.

If/when you test these, see if the dog bathing works for you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 2:03 AM
Glad I checked here before loading up as I had forgotten to put it into my game.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#38 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 2:20 AM
If the dog bathing doesn't work, then the item was probably created as a basegame-compatible object, meaning it's not updated for Pets. Lots of custom tubs (as well as beds and couches and other items that pets can use) aren't so updated. In my experience, many people make conversions this way, to allow them to be used by the greatest number of potential downloaders. Sometimes they'll also make a Pets version in addition to a basegame version, but so far as I've seen it isn't common.

I don't know how to do such updating, myself, but if Amovitam doesn't respond (I don't think she's been very active lately. At least, I haven't seen any Tumblr posts from her in a long while) or doesn't know how to do it, then it's possible that someone else might.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:07 AM
The option to wash the dog was there, my sim called the dog and then did a jump out of the action. The dog didn't even come up to the tub. I tried twice and placed the tub in their front yard where there was plenty of space and the dog was also in the front yard and not far away. Tried it again and saw that the dog jumps down into the ground and back up the same time my sim jumps around. Something is wrong with the pet bathing coding.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:29 AM
Same thing that happened when I tried it.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
If the dog bathing doesn't work, then the item was probably created as a basegame-compatible object, meaning it's not updated for Pets. Lots of custom tubs (as well as beds and couches and other items that pets can use) aren't so updated. In my experience, many people make conversions this way, to allow them to be used by the greatest number of potential downloaders. Sometimes they'll also make a Pets version in addition to a basegame version, but so far as I've seen it isn't common.

If you make an item say Pets compatible and someone with only the base game downloads it, will the item actually not work or will just the Pets options not work?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:33 AM
I would have thought a base game object would not have the option of washing pets, but this does.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#43 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:44 AM
@Charity
I don't really know, but I would think it would depend on the object. Some items are only used autonomously by Pets (Like, scratching/chewing furniture), so if the coding doesn't exist, then I'd think that the animal just wouldn't see that object as usable and/or it would cause a jump bug. In the case of tubs, in which the function is a pie menu option...Well, if the option's there at all (and in this case, it is), I'd think that if the user clicks it, there'd just be an error because the coding/animations wouldn't exist.

In the case of this tub/shower that's being discussed, I don't know if it's a case of it not being Pets-enabled or if the coding is just wrong in some way. Like, say, it's calling for animations incorrectly, so it's just erroring out. Either way, I wouldn't know how to fix it. Maybe if someone who does know sees this thread, perhaps they'd be willing to take a look at it, determine what's wrong, and fix it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:49 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Feb 2015 at 7:26 AM.
If you make an item say Pets compatible and someone with only the base game downloads it, will the item actually not work or will just the Pets options not work?
My answer obviously is neither conclusive nor authoritative, but it would make sense that everything but the pet options would work. I would think the pet options were merely added to certain objects upon the release of the Pets EP.

In the case of the Maxis AquaPlus Showertub, which is the subject of this thread, it is a base-game object that certainly worked when the game originally released over 10 years ago, without the pet option, obviously. I was building Lots way back then, during the old Maxis Exchange days, and I know with certainty that I was using it.

Edit: @ Charity: I misunderstood your question, Charity, but my point remains the same. If Maxis updated some objects to work with Pets, as was the case with the AquaPlus Showertub, then why shouldn't modders' Pet objects also work with the base game? I guess we don't know. Only modders with the knowledge know.

@ iCad & Charity: My personal opinion regarding this issue is that everything created for this game should have been made to take advantage of all EPs and SPs years ago, since this is a fairly old game and the various EPs and SPs are widely available cheaply to anyone wanting to get into the game, not to mention the recent free download of the entire set from EA. At the very least, creations should be made for all EPs and SPs first, and the basegame as secondary consideration. Six years after the last update from the developer it seems silly to me to continue to cater to just the basegame. I know not everyone shares this opinion.
Theorist
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I don't know how to do such updating, myself, but if Amovitam doesn't respond (I don't think she's been very active lately. At least, I haven't seen any Tumblr posts from her in a long while) or doesn't know how to do it, then it's possible that someone else might.

She's been here at MTS since I PM'd her last week, but she didn't respond to my PM.
So it would sure be nice if someone were to make her showertubs functional for bathing dogs.
Right now, pretty as they are, they are all but useless to me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 2:29 AM
If someone is active on GOS they could ask on the wishing tree.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#47 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:19 AM
@ScaryRob

Yeah, if Amovitam's not responding, it seems to me you're going to need to make a request somewhere or learn to do the updating yourself. I don't know how hard it is to do but obviously it's possible to do it.

In any case, while I agree in principle that a lot of people have full games now, the truth is that quite a few people still don't (Because, for instance, they're running the game on an older/low-powered machine that can't handle a full game) and some people can't, namely people playing on Macs. So, it still makes sense to me to make items base-game compatible to the extent possible because then absolutely everyone can use them and their basic functions. But it also makes sense to make a Pets version for those items that pets can use (beds, sofas, tubs, etc.)

On the other hand, I do know that some creators use a minimum install for creating purposes, using Any Game Starter. That way, the game loads up very quickly for testing purposes, when you have to go in and out of the game a lot. Then again, it's not hard to set up a basegame+Pets Any Game, too, which wouldn't take that much longer to load. But when all is said and done, I tend not to dictate to creators what they should or shouldn't do. After all, they do it for fun and for free and they're generous enough to share with the rest of us. Now, if EA released stuff that wasn't fully updated, that'd be a totally different story. But people who do it as a hobby? Nah. For me, if something annoys me or isn't updated, I just learn how to fix/update it myself. Which is why I'm currently on a spree of screwing around with setting (or un-setting) objects to be used autonomously, to better match how I play. Maybe one day I'll learn how to pet-enable stuff that isn't so enabled, but it hasn't annoyed me enough yet, particularly because I prefer to use dog-only tubs outside, anyway.

Mad Poster
#48 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
She's been here at MTS since I PM'd her last week, but she didn't respond to my PM.
So it would sure be nice if someone were to make her showertubs functional for bathing dogs.
Right now, pretty as they are, they are all but useless to me.

I did link you to an updating thing in post 15.
Theorist
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:22 PM
I did link you to an updating thing in post 15.

I completely overlooked that.
As it turns out, this 8-year-old program from 2007 does not appear to work on my current Win7 system. It seems to hang during the "Decompressing Resources" stage.
Maybe someone else can get it to work on these showertubs.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 2:29 AM
Some of Paladin's programs don't work on Win 7 for me either. The perils of playing an old game I guess.
Page 2 of 3