Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Undead Molten Llama
#51 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:57 AM
Ah, see this is why I am NEVER giving up this Vista machine. Never. They will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands, and I don't give a flying crap when/if Microsoft stops supporting it. Mwahah!

That said...Well, OK, I'm off to see if that program will work on my machine. And then I'll see if it will work on the tub/shower in question. And if it does, and you play nice, @ScaryRob I might even share the updated file with you.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:10 AM
I'm surprised that they still do updates for Win 7 now that 8 is out. I would have thought there'd be nothing new for 7.
Undead Molten Llama
#53 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:33 AM
As far as I know, they're still supporting Vista, but I think that's scheduled to go unsupported soon. Not like I care, though. I don't rely on such things to keep my machine "secure." Not that there's anything remotely sensitive on this machine, of course.

ANYWAY, the program in question works fine on my machine, so I ran that tub/shower through it. The result is attached. HOWEVER, I did NOT test it in game. I've got BodyShop open at the moment, in the middle of a clothing cull, so I can't load up the game right now. So, that'll be a job for @ScaryRob. I DO have a feeling that it was already Pets-updated, given that the "Wash" pie menu option was there, and that the function just isn't working for some reason...but I could be wrong. And even if I'm right, maybe running it through that program might have fixed it? Maybe? I don't know. You tell me.

I will say, though, that it took a while for it to run the updating (and I've got 16GB of RAM on this machine) and it did appear to hang a couple of times when decompressing things and then again when saving the altered file, but it always proceeded along after a bit. So, it might have been working just fine on your machine, Rob. You might just need to wait it out a bit.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PossiblyPetsUpdatedShowerTub.zip (628.0 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:34 AM
Thanks, @iCad.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm surprised that they still do updates for Win 7 now that 8 is out. I would have thought there'd be nothing new for 7.

What I heard is that Win7 will be supported until 2020.
Undead Molten Llama
#55 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:54 AM
You're welcome, @ScaryRob Hope it works for you. And if it doesn't...Well, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid. There probably are other tub/showers out there. Tumblr-land is full o' downloads. Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to search for them. At least, not that I've found.

Theorist
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:11 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 18th Feb 2015 at 8:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You're welcome, @ScaryRob Hope it works for you. And if it doesn't...Well, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid. There probably are other tub/showers out there. Tumblr-land is full o' downloads. Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to search for them. At least, not that I've found.

Nope, didn't work.
In fact, it's worse, as the only menu option my test Sims get when I click on the object is "Use", followed by some weird animations and shower curtain closing.

Oh well, thanks for trying.

The creator describes it as the penultimate shower, so maybe when she makes the ultimate one, it will work.
Undead Molten Llama
#57 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:16 AM
Oh well! Sorry. Maybe it has something to do with being converted from another game. Or, perhaps it's because, like I said, it was already updated for Pets but for whatever reason the dog-bathing interaction isn't working. Guess it's back to searching.

Or, you could use the chrome one and just don't include it with the lot for download. Just give downloaders a link if they want the one shown. Or else they can substitute with something else they have. It's not that big of a deal for most people. Either they'll go ahead and download (if they don't already have the item) or they'll just sub.

Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:46 AM
What a moron I am.

All this time the exact thing I've been looking for was right under my nose, here at MTS.
HugeLunatic's Maxis Shower/Tub Combo Backless.

He's only got one picture of it in his listing, so the Backless part didn't even register with me, as I thought it was just a recolor. I should have known better, since HL wouldn't make just a recolor.
And, of course, dog bathing works.
Heck, I can even put windows on the back or side walls, including glass block windows, which will eventually look very nice in some future house.

@HugeLunatic - Thank you! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Page 3 of 3