Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

French Country Living

by luvalphvle Posted 10th Feb 2015 at 10:59 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 3:04 AM
This is stunning and beautifully put together with care and attention to detail. I love what you did with the roof too.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 5:09 AM
Absolutely charming. Love the greenhouse!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:42 AM
What a gorgeous home! It will go perfectly in my favorite world!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:30 PM
Thanks guys! This lot took forever planting and replanting so I'm just glad I finally got it uploaded. lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 3:47 PM
This house has everything I always try to cram into any house I build or download. It's incredible!!! THANK YOU :D
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:25 PM
This is exactly the kind of home that one of my sims is looking for. Is it possible to use this anywhere besides Champs Les Sims?

How do you get all the perfect plants? I haven't figured out how to put garden plants of any level on a lot that I am building.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:00 PM
@hedgekat - You can use it on any lot anywhere. I just built it on that lot, but it can go on any 40X30 (or larger) lot in any town you want. You may have to change the type of home to "ownable" or whatever it is on the dropdown menu (just like changing a lot from residential to commercial or vice versa). As for the plants, I don't know if there's a cheat for that, but I did that the hard way - I just kept planting and replanting until they went from normal to perfect. lol
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 8:06 AM
Thank you @luvalphvie. Sounds like you played that house a long time. All the depreciation should be done.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 11:44 PM
I'm new here and i never downloaded anything for my game i've always played with the what the game gives us but now that im trying to dowload something it says "Extract the zip, rar or 7z file" i wanna know how am i supposed to do this ???
Inventor
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:18 AM
This is an amazing lot, thank you for sharing it!!! Your effort is appreciated!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenVizzle
I'm new here and i never downloaded anything for my game i've always played with the what the game gives us but now that im trying to dowload something it says "Extract the zip, rar or 7z file" i wanna know how am i supposed to do this ???

When you download something the site it's in compressed format, so you'll need a program to unzip it. I use http://www.7-zip.org/ . After you download the item from here, go to your downloads folder and right click the file to unzip it. Since I use 7zip I choose the "extract here" option. That puts all the files into my download folder, and from there I can move them to where I need to in my Sims folder. Let me know if you need help!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:41 PM Last edited by stonee206 : 28th Feb 2015 at 9:46 AM.
A distinctive house. I like the use of mansard roofs, I should definitely try that myself! I am really liking your houses - they have a certain feel to them, even though they're all so different
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:06 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM Last edited by SmokeMirrorz : 9th Mar 2015 at 8:10 PM.
I love this house! You did a great job on it, thanks for sharing!

Just a quick question, on the garage I noticed that the corners have weird looking siding and I can't figure out how to fix this. I see that it is the same way in your photos so it's not my game and I have also noticed it on other lots I have downloaded. It looks like the siding is stretched out diagonally for some reason (see photo). Also, the flooring near the base of the stairs is strange in my game too and I can't figure out how to fix that either. Any suggestions? Minor annoyances but they make me cringe every time I see them.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 11:14 PM
Lovely, beautiful lot. You have such great attention to detail. Thank you!

@SmokeMirrorz The stretched wallpaper is just a side effect of the CFE cheat (constrainfloorelevation). No real good way around it. except plain wallpapers like stucco or those with only vertical lines.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 1:46 AM
HI! This is a lovely house! I can't imagine the time that you spent on this! Wow! I was wondering, I noticed that you used a lot of items for individual purchase from the sims store that I don't have. Would I need to go and purchase those items in order to be able to download and use this house?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st May 2016 at 5:35 PM
Thank You very much for this house with a greenhouse.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 5:44 PM
Is this a McMansion? Great house notherless.