Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carina Display

by plasticbox Posted 4th Mar 2015 at 10:03 PM - Updated 28th May 2015 at 12:25 PM by plasticbox

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:49 AM
Thank you so much :)
Deceased
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:20 AM
Looks superb, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:51 AM
looks great! Definitely looking forward to use this for my houses!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 4:39 PM
love all maxis match stuff since sims2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:09 PM
Fantastic!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:22 PM
My name is Carine so of course I love this shelf thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:05 PM
Looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 3:33 PM
I love your stuff! Very fabulous X3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 1:45 PM
good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:00 AM
whoohooo more stuff !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 11:14 PM
So usefull !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:19 PM
Thank you! More shelves and things that make sense are always welcome in my game! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:01 AM
Thanks to modders like you, I can play Sims 4 and still have a head of hair.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 3:39 AM
These are lovely! I just tried them out in-game and I noticed that the two darkest colors still have shadows on them where the old deco used to be. It's on both the closed and open versions, although it's harder to see on the closed ones. All of the Centurion displays have the same issue, but they're thinner shadows so it's not as noticeable. Although I am hoping that you might eventually make an open version of that one and add slots on top like you did with this one.

Oh, and it is possible to remove items from the closed displays after you place them. It's a bit tricky, but if you're careful you can zoom in to just the right spot so that you're close enough that the cabinet disappears, but the deco on the shelves is still visible, and then you can grab what you want and move/delete it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:24 AM
Regarding the textures, It would certainly be nice if someone made an override without those shadows (I actually find them more noticeable on the light colours, not the dark ones, but YMMV) -- I personally don't mind them very much in practice since I use these displays to put stuff in, which will cover up the shadows anyway, but they're not exactly pretty (not on the original either).

Thanks for the tip re. zooming in to get the doco out! =) I was probably too impatient to fiddle with that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:25 PM
Thanks so much 4 sharing!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:54 PM
I was in the middle of making something similar to this. But -alas! You've beat me to it! Thanks a lot for this tho, since, I'm a newbie so I've been having a hard time understanding how some things work. So, now I just put this in the game instead. But, do I have your permission to study this? Because I want to make a slot enabled shelf which has wide shelf space and no division in between.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 6:20 PM
Thankfully no-one needs anyone's permission to study other people's mods. =) If you want to re-use it, my stuff is NC-BY-SA, see profile.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thankfully no-one needs anyone's permission to study other people's mods. =) If you want to re-use it, my stuff is NC-BY-SA, see profile.

haha ok thank you!! But it's always polite to ask first! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:46 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 12:16 AM
Thank you. Are there any plans for a one tile version, without the glass doors?