Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Undead Molten Llama
#26 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:15 AM
This is very basic, but have you cleared your caches? Sometimes when you're fiddling around with CC, taking things in and out, things go funky. Usually, when they do, the game just won't start at all, but it might be possible that it could cause funky behavior.

Also, I don't know if this is even applicable in Win 8, but I know that I have to start my game by right-clicking on the shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator," even though the user accounts I use to play are all "administrator" accounts. If I don't, things are sometimes funky, with freezing/crashing and such.

And, like I said, have you read through the various topics on this forum (moreso in the Help forum, which is where this thread should be, not here in Discussion) about problems people have had with Windows 8? It could be that someone else had your same problem and was given a solution.

Beyond that...I don't know. I don't know why BodyShop stuff would work but objects wouldn't, especially if you're running under the same configuration. So far as I know, there's nothing fundamentally different between an object file and a BodyShop file. It's all .packages. In any case, I hope you get it sorted.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#27 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Simonut : 17th Mar 2015 at 4:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DUSKvsDAWN
Ugh, just nevermind. I'll figure it out myself.

@>>DUSKvsDAWN>> Sometime when you are stress out and upset your "Mind" go into the outer limit. Here on MTS members have always try to help other members this have always been our way of sharing with each other. But you need to be just a bit polite not so rude or you will never reach the solution to stop your problem, Telling members to just go away is not the answer at all, members are just trying to get a clear picture in "detail specific" to better help you.

But if your head is turning into a "Hard Rock" then it is best for you to look above and go to the subtitle "Help" Sims 2 Game help, even there you need a clear head so you can understand what to read and do.
I do hope your game problems with Customs items will be solve, sometime things that may seem bad can turn out right if we try to listen and stay calm.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
This is very basic, but have you cleared your caches? Sometimes when you're fiddling around with CC, taking things in and out, things go funky. Usually, when they do, the game just won't start at all, but it might be possible that it could cause funky behavior.

Also, I don't know if this is even applicable in Win 8, but I know that I have to start my game by right-clicking on the shortcut and choosing "Run as Administrator," even though the user accounts I use to play are all "administrator" accounts. If I don't, things are sometimes funky, with freezing/crashing and such.

And, like I said, have you read through the various topics on this forum (moreso in the Help forum, which is where this thread should be, not here in Discussion) about problems people have had with Windows 8? It could be that someone else had your same problem and was given a solution.

Beyond that...I don't know. I don't know why BodyShop stuff would work but objects wouldn't, especially if you're running under the same configuration. So far as I know, there's nothing fundamentally different between an object file and a BodyShop file. It's all .packages. In any case, I hope you get it sorted.

Yep, tried removing caches too. Tried running as administrator as well... Tried different compatibilities... And yes, I've read those posts. Thanks to them, I got it to run at all, sort of
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@>>DUSKvsDAWN>> Sometime when you are stress out and upset your "Mind" go into the outer limit. Here on MTS members have always try to help other members this have always been our way of sharing with each other. But you need to be just a bit polite not so rude or you will never reach the solution to stop your problem, Telling members to just go away is not the answer at all, members are just trying to get a clear picture in "detail specific" to better help you.

But if your head is turning into a "Hard Rock" then it is best for you to look above and go to the subtitle "Help" Sims 2 Game help, even there you need a clear head so you can understand what to read and do.
I do hope your game problems with Customs items will be solve, sometime things that may seem bad can turn out right if we try to listen and stay calm.

Sorry, it's just frustrating. I guess there are still alot of negative memories from here in the back of my mind. People actually used to call me dumb and such, and this really feels the same way to be honest...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:43 AM
Found out that apprently the ONLY WORKING ITEMS are indeed from SIMcredible. I tried items from alot of other sites in the meantime, but the same result. It's obviously not ok if you have to wait for 10 pieces of furniture to load for 20 minutes, and the loading screen is still stuck halfway. (no idea what it's called in English, but here it's called "feestjes gefaseerd invoeren", which is a little further than the middle of the loading bar. It always gets stuck there.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:57 AM
Sorry, it's just frustrating. I guess there are still alot of negative memories from here in the back of my mind. People actually used to call me dumb and such, and this really feels the same way to be honest...

@>>DUSKvsDAWN>> You are "NOT" dumb and you are not alone when growing up people also call me dumb, yet I was the only one in my class group that was pick by teachers that would go and end up in college and I did.
And yes past negative memories can linger in your mind, at the times. But please keep these words in mind from a wonderful book name "The Four Agreements" author is Don Miguel Ruiz.

Quote: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering. ( End of quote ) so dumb is not your label.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Undead Molten Llama
#32 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 5:05 AM
Hmmmm...Well, since your issue is freezing while the game's loading rather than crashing after it's loaded, I'm going to bet that there's something that's throwing an error when you're loading the game, which is why it won't proceed. I have this issue sometimes when loading a lot; the loading screen will hang forever, never finishing loading the lot in question. When I've force-quit the game, reloaded it, turned on debug mode, and tried to load the same lot, it would show an error dialog while loading the lot (which you won't see unless you're in debug mode) and the lot wouldn't load further until I deleted whatever it was that was throwing the error. (Often the lot's climate controller or a nanny controller...even though I don't use nannies in my game. ) After I did that, the lot went on to load just fine and everything was hunky-dorey.

So, if something like that is what's happening when your game is loading, you could try adding turning on testingcheatsenabled in your userstartup thingy, so that, I would think, the game would then load in debug mode. In which case you might get an error window that will tell you what's wrong. Then you could ask about how you'd go about fixing it with more specific info in hand, which one of the techier amongst us (which, alas, isn't me) might be able to help you with.

And also? You're not dumb and no one thinks you're dumb. It's just that you weren't clear about what was happening, which is essential when you're asking for help with trying to fix something. In my experience, the smarter you are, the less-clear you often are when communicating, because you assume that everyone is on the same level you are when they aren't. Geniuses can be the most difficult people to talk to, because of this. "The game not loading properly" isn't the same as "The game freezes while loading when I have certain CC installed." Once you're more clear, you can get better, more helpful answers. Just sayin'.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#33 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 11:43 AM
One, could you please update your profile with the EPs you have. Yes, you said you have DD, but please check the boxes of the EPs included in it.

Two, please link to something specifically that isn't working.

TBH, my thoughts are that you are trying to load items not compatible with your game.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:27 PM
I agree with HugeLunatic in that we need you to link to one of the items here at MTS that will not work for you so we can take a look at it.

Also did you follow step #3 and above in my post #20 if so what was the results? (Since UAC has been off all this time.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:52 PM Last edited by DUSKvsDAWN : 17th Mar 2015 at 2:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
One, could you please update your profile with the EPs you have. Yes, you said you have DD, but please check the boxes of the EPs included in it.

Two, please link to something specifically that isn't working.

TBH, my thoughts are that you are trying to load items not compatible with your game.

Only Nightlife is. And Celebration stuff, I forgot that.

An example... Hmmm... Uh, oh this one. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=378665
And everything from this site works, while they are all package files anyway, so I think it can't be a difference: http://sims2.simcredibledesigns.com/

And I doubt that, since they always worked together just fine. I always double check if it isn't for pets or any other EP I don't have, so I never download anything that isn't compatible with my game.

Edit: I even tried one of your items. The porch light. But my loading bar won't even process... I really have no idea what is going on and where this came from. As I said before, the only difference I can see is that I am using another version of Windows. Well, and that ofcours my graphic chip is different. But I think that has nothing particulary to do with loading a game. It did cause my troubles with water though. But I solved that by using Graphics Rule maker, or whatever it's called. The polycounts aren't high or anything either, neither are the size files themselves. If that would be the case, it would explain a slow loading. But even if it loads, it stops halfway...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I agree with HugeLunatic in that we need you to link to one of the items here at MTS that will not work for you so we can take a look at it.

Also did you follow step #3 and above in my post #20 if so what was the results? (Since UAC has been off all this time.)

Yep, tried it multiple times, but to no avail.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:37 PM
Ok now give us a link to one download here at MTS that is not working for your game.

We have ask you to give us a link to 1 download here all the way back in post #20 and HugeLunatic in post #34 so please gives us a link to look at.

Other players have had a problem with the vampyreelf-twistedtub.package so try and take just that one out and see what happens.

Quote:
My game also crashed when I loaded your files. I came back to look at your screenshots again and decided the set was totally worth going through every file to find the bad one. After reloading the game a dozen or more times I believe the offending file is:

vampyreelf-twistedtub.package

After removing this file, my base game loaded with no problem. I was missing the tub though.... If you figure out what the problem could be and update, please let me know.

Since you have had new downloads and now your game is not working then it could be one of the new downloads is not for your game setup.
You may need to do the 50/50 thing to find out which CC you are having a problem with and I know you said you did it but your game is not working for you so you may need to do it again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#38 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:47 PM
Edit: I even tried one of your items. The porch light. But my loading bar won't even process...
So this is a different problem from before, when your game was crashing?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:53 PM Last edited by marka93 : 17th Mar 2015 at 3:14 PM.
@DUSKvsDAWN You have had that problem with this download since 2011 and your still having this problem so to me it says it (the download) needs an EP you don't have even though it says base game.

Post # 22 in this downloads comments http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=378665
I'm sorry to tell you, but when I'm loading my game, the game crashes because of your files...
It's not cool because this looks so beautiful!
I wish I could use it!
Can you give an explanation why it doesnt work?
No mesh problems, etc, so I really dont know...

With only having DD you need to read the comments in each and every download to make sure it is for you game setup.

ADD: I just went and tested out that mod and it does require EP other than just DD to use, yes I know it says base game but it is not a base game mod.

ADD again: That mod will require all these UNI, NL, OFB, Pets, BV and Free Time to work for that is the EP that were in with she made the mod.

@HugeLunatic well since I did all the testing on this could you update that mod requirements to reflect what is needed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:41 PM
Ok now give us a link to one download here at MTS that is not working for your game.

We have ask you to give us a link to 1 download here all the way back in post #20 and HugeLunatic in post #34 so please gives us a link to look at.

Other players have had a problem with the vampyreelf-twistedtub.package so try and take just that one out and see what happens.

Since you have had new downloads and now your game is not working then it could be one of the new downloads is not for your game setup.
You may need to do the 50/50 thing to find out which CC you are having a problem with and I know you said you did it but your game is not working for you so you may need to do it again.

I tried alot of items as well, but they still don't work. Tried 50/50 alot of times before I even dared to post this thread too... So believe me, it didn't work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
So this is a different problem from before, when your game was crashing?

It didn't literally say it was crashing or terminating, which it does sometimes when you have corrupted files in your downloads map. It just completely freezes instead and I even have to restart my laptop. I can't even close it with task manager. Some items I tried on their own did this, other did load halfway and then the game would freeze.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:00 PM
All I can say is you may need to do a uninstall of DD and then go in and make sure every thing is gone and then do a reinstall of DD and start from scratch on your downloads by putting 1 in at a time.
With your game crashing so much on you it may have broken some of the game files and this is why I say a complete reinstall of DD may be needed.

With just the DD you will be limited to only downloads that work with NL and some form OFB but not all OFB will work for you don't have OFB.

You need to watch out for mods/cc that say its just for the base game and you may need to read the comments before you install the mod/cc just to be on the safe side.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:32 PM
All I can say is you may need to do a uninstall of DD and then go in and make sure every thing is gone and then do a reinstall of DD and start from scratch on your downloads by putting 1 in at a time.
With your game crashing so much on you it may have broken some of the game files and this is why I say a complete reinstall of DD may be needed.

With just the DD you will be limited to only downloads that work with NL and some form OFB but not all OFB will work for you don't have OFB.

You need to watch out for mods/cc that say its just for the base game and you may need to read the comments before you install the mod/cc just to be on the safe side.

Already reinstalled it like 6 times the last 2 days... And I can put all the other files in at once, and that loads just fine. As I said, when I put files from here or others sites in there, the game freezes. Even with one single file. So loading them in one by one doesn´t work either. The others just bulk/load, like the game normally does without any error. I always look out for comment saying files are corrupt or anything... But it´s impossible for it to be every single kitchen, bathroom, living room and so on here, don´t you think?

I am afraid that this is, like with a hair bug problem I have since I play the game on 8.1, something I have to deal with, sadly enough. I did consider upgrading to 3, but I simply like 2 as it is...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#44 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:32 PM
marka, the objects won't require all those EPs but will at least require Pets (due to the added interactions for pet bathing) - I can't remember if there are any other changes to plumbing in later EPs. FT for tinkering maybe?

It's so much easier just having all EPs .

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:40 PM
marka, the objects won't require all those EPs but will at least require Pets (due to the added interactions for pet bathing) - I can't remember if there are any other changes to plumbing in later EPs. FT for tinkering maybe?

It's so much easier just having all EPs .

I never had to use EPs for any items I liked ^^"
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:43 PM
@DUSKvsDAWN Do your self a favor and buy these 4 items and you will no longer have any problems with downloads. (Well there may be a few but it will be very few indeed.)
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Universi...keywords=sims+2
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Fun-Pets...keywords=sims+2
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Best-Bus...keywords=sims+2
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Apartmen...keywords=sims+2

@Nysha ya i just started making a AnyGame and added each EP in at a time and it finally worked for me after having all of them in for that is what the creator has for EP's.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:45 PM
@DUSKvsDAWN Do your self a favor and buy these 4 items and you will no longer have any problems with downloads. (Well there may be a few but it will be very few indeed.)
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Universi...keywords=sims+2
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Fun-Pets...keywords=sims+2
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Best-Bus...keywords=sims+2
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Apartmen...keywords=sims+2

I don't have money for that. And to be honest I am not planning on paying money to solve a problem like this. I'd rather just give up then spend money to fix a stupid problem like this. And as I said before, I never had to use other EP's before to get the very same stuff to work.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#48 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:46 PM
You do also have the option of contacting EA customer support to let them know that you missed the free giveaway of Ultimate Collection on Origin, and ask them to give you a copy. It's worked for some people, though I realise it's not a particularly satisfying solution.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:48 PM
You do also have the option of contacting EA customer support to let them know that you missed the free giveaway of Ultimate Collection on Origin, and ask them to give you a copy. It's worked for some people, though I realise it's not a particularly satisfying solution.

Ah, I could try that. I indeed found out there was one yesterday.... And I was like...: NO. NO. NO. D: (I was dying a little inside)
Who knows... Maybe it might somehow work miracles...
Mad Poster
#50 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:49 PM
Just keep on calling them back or do it online and one of them will give it to you.

Page 2 of 3