Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:13 PM
Yeah I mean it's not showing up in game. I tried to extract it from 7-zip but the grid box is grayed out. I don't know how to extract it and I don't know what Z-zip file to download.Do you think you can just send me the link of the already extracted s4pi.CASPartReasourse.dill if that's possible?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#27 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:37 PM
7zip is available here: http://www.7-zip.org/

To extract stuff with that, rightclick > 7zip or drag and drop the zipped thing onto the exe. Uploading uncompressed content here would make no sense at all; I don't think it's even technically possible.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:52 PM
As in the OP above, updated wrapper for RegionMap. Many thanks to SimGuruModSquad for providing the template and also the updated template for CASP.

Updated RegionMap wrapper: This is resource type 0xAC16FBEC, currently identified as 'UNKN' in s4pe, which identifies the region of each mesh part. This information was provided by SimGuruModSquad:

"This resource defines how a particular CAS Part interacts with other CAS Parts on the Sim. For example, how boots and pants interact: Should the boot appear on top of the pant (if pants are tight) or under the pant (if the pants are loose). Another common case it defining how hairs and hats interact.

The game considers the region and sorting information for all the CAS Parts on the sim to determine what geometry pieces should be used to render each part. This region, sorting and geometry information is all defined in this resource."

The updated wrapper makes this information easy to read and modify in s4pe.

The RegionMap update is included in the CASP wrapper - download and install the 6/20/15 version of s4pi.CASPartResource. I also provided an update of s4pi.Extensions - this changes the tag of the RegionMap to RMAP and the default file extension to .regionmap, and is entirely cosmetic and optional. For both, extract the .dll file into your s4pe folder and replace the existing file.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 7:57 PM
Uploaded updated CASPResource wrapper:

Now fully supports TONE (skintone) resources. Thanks to SimGuruModSquad for providing the template.
The list of property tag values is updated.

Uploaded updated RCOLChunks wrapper:

RSLT is fixed to show correct values and a clearer organization of slot rotation matrices and slot locations. Again thanks to SimGuruModSquad for the template.
MTST is updated to include the fixes Inge Jones made to it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#30 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:06 PM
Yay, thank you! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 6:19 PM
Uploaded updated RCOLChunks wrapper:

FTPT now fully decoded and working. Thanks go to SimGuruModSquad for the binary template.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#32 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 6:44 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 29th Aug 2015 at 7:20 PM.
Oh cool! =)

Are you going to commit the FTPT thing on github as well? Should I give you collaborator status on my fork? Or perhaps better the other way around (if you push everything to your repo and give buzz (BrutalBuzzler) and me (pboxx with double x) collaborator status, I mean)?

E: I just gave you push access to https://github.com/pboxx/Sims4Tools =)

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 7:43 PM
@plasticbox - Yes, I'm working my way through updating the Wiki, pushing to Github / Kuree, and pushing to Github / pbox. Slow going with my cat pushing my keyboard to my lap, lol. Also want to update the CASP and TONE with your and Buzz's custom control before pushing them to your repository.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#34 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:05 PM
Ah OK. Looking forward. Thank you =)

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#35 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:06 PM
Ah a fork, good

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:37 PM
The CASP wrapper (including the TONE) is updated for the 12/4/15 patch.

I'm going to take a look at (finally) pushing to Github / pbox. Don't even remember where I left off. @plasticbox , is that project still going forward? Buzz's nice catalog tag control is now broken by the patch, natch. I'm going to go ahead and push this to Kuree's version and see what happens.

1978 gallons of pancake batter
#37 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
@plasticbox , is that project still going forward?
I would say so. There are 2 or 3 things I'd like to add. Although I have a hard time remembering what they were.

Quote:
Buzz's nice catalog tag control is now broken by the patch
How is that? Some change you needed to make for the wrapper?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 10:48 PM
The patch changed the catalog tag value from uint16 to uint32 for CASP and TONE. I'm assuming that affects objects too. And I'm assuming that needs a change in your code although that depends on how you set it up.

#39 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 11:01 PM
Interesting. I'll have a look soonishly.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#40 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 8:36 AM
The guru had the new .bt up first thing, if you head over to the ea forums

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#41 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 8:45 PM
Develop branch in pbox's github repo is updated to the new patch. Are breaking changes, though, so old resources can't be edited with the new s4pe version and vice versa. I couldn't be arsed to make all that stuff support both versions.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 9:01 PM
I'll take a look. IMO s4pe really needs to be backwards compatible.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#43 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:27 PM
Well that would be cool -- thing is, though, that they have introduced those new PackID/PackFlags now that didn't exist previously, and they can potentially also invent new tags that won't fit into 16bit. So one would need to prevent users from entering those, or alert them when they attempt to save a resource that contains a long tag as old version, or something .. otherwise, I'm not sure how well the game would handle that kind of thing.

For now I've released a preliminary 0.4.1 beta -- this contains the updates Buzz mentioned above (not very tested, but COBJ and CFLR look good), as well as additions to the XML type list. I'll also update the release notes for 0.4 accordingly.

Doesn't mean I don't think it's important to improve backwards compatibility, of course =) -- this is just so that people have something to play with for now.

Edit: Shoot, I didn't see you (Cmar) had updated here already. I'll work those edits into my repo and update again!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:40 PM
Well, if there's no backwards compatibility that would resolve the question of whether to allow the CASP version to be changed! :D

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#45 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:42 PM
Say, the s4pi.CASPartResourceUpdate-12-6-15.zip only contains CASPartResource.dll, is that on purpose? Since the description says "File to update CASP, RegionMap, and TONE in s4pe" and the source files are also four files and not just one ..

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:48 PM
The .dll contains all those resources along with a couple more. A bit confusing but that's how s4pe has it organized.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#47 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:49 PM
Okay, thanks =)

Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 2:08 PM
I went to update S4PE and got a virus
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#49 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 2:44 PM
Virus from where, from github? Or from an upload in this thread?

(I know there are some overzealous virus protection things that will flag anything that's new as malware .. and I also know that neither s4pe nor the dlls posted here contain any viruses)

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 9:41 PM
Neither s4pe or my updated modules contain a virus. As pbox mentioned, some anti-virus programs are oversensitive and some will call any downloaded executable it doesn't recognize a virus.

Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Content is now obsolete
Page 2 of 3