Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Update/Fix: Portable Washing Bowl

by plasticbox Posted 11th Apr 2015 at 3:28 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2015 at 4:39 PM by plasticbox

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:40 AM
O to the M and the G!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:44 AM
Used a sink in The Sims 3 that was a washing bowl. Using a sink in The Sims 4 that is a washing bowl.

Mwahahahaa!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:52 AM
Thats funny as hell because a neighbor of mine down the road real nasty bastad uses a bowl to wash with lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 4:08 AM
Oooh this is just the thing for us historical sims players! Louis xiv always looks silly using modern plumbing
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:14 AM
How clever! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 6:03 AM
Great! Maybe I can put it in my bathrooms and stop the Sims washing dishes there. Thank you for something new and different.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 6:42 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 11th Apr 2015 at 6:54 AM.
Ah, before you misunderstand this -- sims *can* wash dishes in this, that's not removed (you can do that in a bowl too after all). It's just not on the screenshots because there were no dirty dishes around when I made them.

But if would be quite simple to change that .. open the package in s4pe and export the XML, it has a list of available interactions near the end called "super interactions". You'd only need to remove everything dish-related from there, save, re-import into your package and that's it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:03 AM
it's not possible to make this portable, is it? that would be cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 8:23 AM
I love it!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:02 AM
Nifty idea, good for poor sims or historical sims!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:13 PM
This is great for an outdoorsy, camping, or just having for a homeless challenge. I love your imagination and thank you for adding fun things in the game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:33 PM
Really quite wonderful, thanks PB! I like the country feel. Great for medieval play as well!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:13 PM
Nice thank you :)
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:31 PM
For some reason, when I go to place it in the game, the little square and direction pointer show up, but the bowl doesn't drop.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by professorlilith
For some reason, when I go to place it in the game, the little square and direction pointer show up, but the bowl doesn't drop.

How/where are you trying to place it exactly? It should be placeable like any *medium* sized object (e.g. a large vase), does the object you're putting it on have room for that? Do you get an error message like "Script Call Failed" or anything like that? Have you tried placing it with bb.moveobjects too -- does that make a difference?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:05 AM
This is such a creative idea - thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:18 PM
Thanks and you come up with fantastic ideas. Will use this right away I open the game next time
Forum Resident
#19 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:44 PM
Great for farmhouses--thanks!

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:43 PM
Really cool idea, but i'm having issues with it. Whenever i click fro my sims to wash their hands they cant, the X signal shows up like something is in the way but there's nothing. I tried putting it in a counter first and then an end table but nothing changed....help please!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM
Check that the footprint is pointing forward -- sims need to be able to access it from the front, like sinks.

It should look like this when you place it:

(In this example, it would work fine too if the arrow would point sideways -- but not when it points to the back, the sim will walk to the next room then just to complain they can't reach through the wall .. )
Screenshots

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:30 PM
THIS is perfect! Especially when you want a realistic legacy/rags to riches challenge and don't want shiny things straight away..thank you!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:16 AM
can it be made portable then?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:10 AM
You can try. Post in Create if you have questions on how to do that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:23 PM
This is so awesome!!
Page 1 of 3