Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 7:27 PM
Default The worse smell in the world (to you)
I thought that because there's a The best smell in the world (to you) thread by fairycake89 I though there might as well be a worst smell in the word (to you) thread.

mine are:
the smell of baking and Bin liners

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 7:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Apr 2015 at 8:17 PM.
Boiled eggs, particularly if they've been peeled and refrigerated overnight - I can't even eat boiled eggs without feeling slightly queasy for several hours after.

Other than that - puke/bile, manure fertilizer, tobacco smoke, heavy perfume, garlic and onion if it sticks to my fingers for several days, and the inside of one particular type of surgical face masks. Probably also a few other things, but those are some of the worst.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:12 PM
I second boiled eggs. Even knowing they are cooking makes me want to gag.
I don't like the smell of anything overly floral. I also don't like the smell of sesame oil. It gives me an instant migraine.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:19 PM
I find the smell of horseradish extremely vile

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Boiled eggs, particularly if they've been peeled and refrigerated overnight - I can't even eat boiled eggs without feeling slightly queasy for several hours after.

Other than that - puke/bile, manure fertilizer, tobacco smoke, heavy perfume, garlic and onion if it sticks to my fingers for several days, and the inside of one particular type of surgical face masks. Probably also a few other things, but those are some of the worst.

But I LIKE fertilizer, SOME tobacco smoke (walk by a tobacco shop and smell the fruity pipe smoke, smells yum).

Perfume that stays in the air when some deluded woman walks by - you could track her down for miles.
Cat urine-spray. Fish/grease frying that stays in the house. Garlic, onion, dirty sweat smell on a guy who wants to kiss me. Dirty dog - that wants to kiss me.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Banned
#6 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:56 PM
Fire. Has to be fire. If there is one SOMEWHERE, DEFCON 2, bring in the washing.
Theorist
#7 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:09 PM
Insolence.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Fire. Has to be fire. If there is one SOMEWHERE, DEFCON 2, bring in the washing.

Oh! Is this any fire?! I miss the smell of the woodstove at mom's.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
#9 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 24th Apr 2015 at 9:47 PM.
Certain disinfectants/antiseptics, there is one in the UK called TCP, the very smell of which causes me to gag.

On the subject of puke, I can deal with it when it's cold - like clean up pet puke and even human (if I have to) but when the puke is still warm, now ... that makes me puke ... :/
Inventor
#10 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:31 PM
cat piss, the smell of that, and puke (anyone's puke, including animals), dog shit, cooking rhubarb (I threw up on my dad's shoe, over the smell of that, when I was little), stale cigarette smoke on clothes, uneated cat food, when I forget to take the bin downstairs, and me, when I haven't had a bath.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:33 PM
Noa 100% dislikes the smell of: flowers, bananas, hair dye, liver, haggis, boiled eggs, beans, some cleaning products, the weird ass shampoo that mum is using, and cigars. Also, very important question: WHY do some people have the need to soak themselves in perfume or deodorants have the worst smells? Or not wash at all?! There is no need to kill everyone else with the overpowering scent!
Theorist
#12 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:41 PM
Decomp. The smell of a living thing decomposing has got to be the absolute worst smell, ever.
Poop. Sometimes I enter a public restroom, I swear it feels like the smell is going to kill me.
Puke. The smell of puke makes me feel like, well, puking.
Piss. Recently experienced what it smells like to find someone who has fallen and been pissing themselves for days. Horrible.

I can tolerate terrible smells that are harmful and carcinogenic like paint thinners, gasoline, and car exhaust, but find harmless organic odors to be completely intolerable.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
But I LIKE fertilizer, SOME tobacco smoke [...]

Not if you have to live with that smell hanging thickly in the air every summer, and it can be so bad that whatever you eat almost tastes fertilizer.

As for tobacco the actual smell isn't the worst, but I get watery eyes and go all queasy when someone smokes nearby me, even if I just walk by them. So perhaps I should say cigarette smoke instead. About equally bad is smoke that lingers in clothes, and the horrible smell of a smoker's breath about half a hour after a cigarette. That's bad breath taken up to a new level!

Oh, and sweat, particularly the kind that hangs in the air in exercise studios, or when you sit next to someone who hasn't showered for way to long and hasn't got the faintest clue what a deodorant is.
#14 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 10:27 PM
Burning wax. That is by far the worst stench ever.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 2:30 AM
Luckily I haven't really smelled a living thing decomposing, but I really do not want to. Obviously poop. My fat cat's poop when she eats too much and has diarrhea - made me gag. When I had to clean the gas station bathrooms last summer that was not fun either. Puke is awful too of course. The chicken trucks when they drive by (there's a big poultry industry here) are AWFUL. So much worse than regular manure/fertilizer, but sometimes you can smell both in the air and it's just as bad in the winter. Also there was this smell near the dining hall that to me smelled like rotting blood - like the blood bags from the Red Cross but rotting...or at least that's what it smelled like to me. In any case, it was awful. Not a big fan of cat and dog food either. Or trash in the summertime (or really anytime).

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 3:12 AM
For me, it's a tie between fried bologna and gasoline- although fried bologna is a teeny bit in the lead. (Not enough to call it the "winner" though.)
Once upon a time I would have said my ex's farts, but since he's been my ex for 4 years now I'm free from that particular smell.

Ya know, now that I think about it some more there are a lot of smells I don't like. *ponders* I'm gonna stick with fried bologna (it really does smell vile) and gasoline for now.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 5:18 PM
Funny (not) how smells are so tied up with emotions. I still remember having to use the only bathroom right after my father, sometimes I would be so nauseous I would be unable to pee. I must have been pre-teen - still remember his assorted smells; not only gross at the time, but the association with someone that never liked me, and I learned to hate and fear... well, bad times.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 6:48 PM
In high school, I had a friend who didn't bathe/shower more than once every few months or so (from what she had told me). It sounds so mean, but she smelled so bad that it would give me headaches and make me feel sick sometimes when she was at her worst, though everyone else was always making fun of her smelling bad, so I never said anything to her because I didn't want to upset her.
One day, she smelled really bad. It was during a really warm summer, so we're talking multiple days worth of sweat and we had had p.e (gym) in the morning, and she smelled like it was her time of the month and from what I've heard she didn't change pads very often. She was sat next to the only fan in the whole very warm room during out french class and everyone in the class could smell her. It was revolting, I always feel sick in my tummy whenever I remember the scent.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
cat piss, the smell of that, and puke, dog shit, cooking rhubarb, stale cigarette smoke on clothes, uneated cat food, when I forget to take the bin downstairs, and me, when I haven't had a bath.

Have you ever visited my home? Because you described how it smells quite accurately. All that is missing is bleach, marijuana, and rubbing alcohol.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#20 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Have you ever visited my home? Because you described how it smells quite accurately. All that is missing is bleach, marijuana, and rubbing alcohol.

um, no. I haven't.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
#21 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
um, no. I haven't.

Rhetorical question.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#22 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 12:33 AM
Though numbered...these are not in any particular order:

1. Vomit
2. Bloody diarrhea
3. Decomposing mammals (dogs, elk, mice, people, bears, etc...)
4. The smell of the house after fish has been fried or even baked. I love the taste, but that after-smell. yuk.
5. Hard-boiled eggs
6. Sewer gases that occasional erupt from street drains...(wtf? I hope they don't ever actually explode, or sumthin)
7. Mildew
8. Drunks....I gag at the smell of metabolized beer. Drunk men are NOT sexy.
9. Boiling cabbage.
10. Cat spray.
Inventor
#23 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Rhetorical question.

my humble apologies, then.

Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 1:32 AM
I can stand pretty much anything except floral scents. Especially perfume.
Inventor
#25 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 10:51 AM
Raw onions. I'm ok with cooked, although I'd rather not smell it, but raw onions make me physically gag, and I have this really weird thing, only raw onions do this, that not only do I smell it, but I can TASTE it on the back of my tongue, and it's not in my head, because sometimes I get it before I even know someone is eating it around me.

That, and my other half's farts. Sometimes it's bad because you know, it's a fart, but other times it smells so bad it's like something crawled inside him and died! I've started calling him rancid ass. I mean, I'm not saying my farts don't smell but they only smell REALLY bad, like coughing and gaging bad, if I'm kind of poorly. For him it's just normal. Well. I think it's normal. I keep telling him to go to the doctors but he doesn't think it's serious. He thinks it's kinda funny, actually. MEN!
Page 1 of 3