Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Redtwoface : 29th Apr 2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Worse than a chair's?
Default Genderswapped Widespot
Thanks to Peni Griffin for giving me permission to do this idea that I like to call Genderswapped Widespot. I started this without thinking I had Ultimate Collection or an extra computer to install my disks so if I could have helped with that I'll take it. Anyway this is where people could give me Ideas, encouragement, and help! And where I can post progress.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 7:10 PM
Sounds like fun - Peni's original neighbourhood is great.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Sounds like fun - Peni's original neighbourhood is great.
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 10:27 PM
Yeah, I really hope there's a workaround for not being able to use AGS with the UC. It should still be possible to make the neighborhood empty by disabling the stealth hoods; but it it's made in the UC only people with that engine could play it, and that would suck.

Is it possible to run two completely different installed Sims games on the same machine with two different user accounts? Or does the UC interfere with that even if you install base game on a non-standard drive?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yeah, I really hope there's a workaround for not being able to use AGS with the UC. It should still be possible to make the neighborhood empty by disabling the stealth hoods; but it it's made in the UC only people with that engine could play it, and that would suck.

Is it possible to run two completely different installed Sims games on the same machine with two different user accounts? Or does the UC interfere with that even if you install base game on a non-standard drive?

Do you think it could also work with an external hard drive?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 11:01 PM
No you can not run stand alone Sims 2 with UC for both use the same start up reg. entrys.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Redtwoface : 29th Apr 2015 at 11:29 PM.
Well I do still have all of my disks but AL disk is broken and I will miss the stuff packs I had in UC If I uninstall it. EDIT:ill just reinstall or buy it all later. Here we go!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:00 PM
What should I do about the pregnancies? Make males carry the child or change the storyline of who is pregnant?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2015 at 2:37 AM
That's entirely up to you. This is your project, an adaptation of my work. You are entitled to carry out your vision as seems best to you.

What Missus Kitty did for her personal use was have Alexander Beech get Scarlett Hart pregnant at the same time that Peri Weiss's alien physiology surprised everybody by getting him pregnant by Scarlett. She de-aged Valentine just long enough for the pregnancy, but kept her hair gray - she'd thought she was done with menopause when she seduced Mark, but nope, it'd fooled her. And of course Cande Hart got Junie Mann pregnant.

If you can think of a plausible way for Valentine to have gotten Mark (or whatever you wind up calling him - these are just the names Missus Kitty used) pregnant, be my guest!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2015 at 2:56 AM
Thanks! I got AGS installed but it wont run for me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2015 at 4:52 AM
Have you tried "Run as administrator?" That's the only way it'll run for me with Windows 7.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:04 PM
It worked! Thanks so much! Now I was thinking that I would follow Mootilda's instructions to delete everyone in Widespot safely and recreate from there.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd May 2015 at 4:18 PM
I think there's a way to swap out genders on existing sims, but i don't know where the tutorial is, or how easy it would be to deal with pregnancies.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#14 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:00 AM
It can be done without entirely recreating the neighborhood.
Look at this thread
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468039

Mootilda posted a mini tutorial as well.
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...854&postcount=8

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:46 PM
I will try to do that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd May 2015 at 3:23 PM
I am putting this project on a hiatus until I have time to do this. (anyone can take over before I do)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:28 PM
Take your time. It does no one any service to hurry and make mistakes.

If you want to complete a project, though, it's also a good idea to make time to work on it. A half an hour a day adds up real fast. I used to write on my coffee breaks (15 minute stints) and then input the result to my computer after supper. It was a pain, by I got eight of my books written that way.

Trainee Moderator
#18 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 4th May 2015 at 11:37 AM.
I can't do this at the moment. I got a stomach bug, again. But I can help you if you need help with this project.

Trust me, it's not that difficult. Basically, changing the genders and names shouldn't be time-consuming. The Storytelling stuff will be time-consuming, of course.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Redtwoface : 4th May 2015 at 10:02 PM.
Thanks for understanding. For my first project on here to genderswap sims is going to be tough because I only use SimPE to add sims to body shop and to change simple things. And the hiatus will last about a week or two not that long. Edit: I found my old base game and my windows 7 just got fixed! do you think i could make a empty environment with that?
Trainee Moderator
#20 Old 6th May 2015 at 3:46 PM
I wondered how the Widespot sims will look like when they're genderswapped so I genderswapped Widespot myself. I also genderswapped the late Angel Hart and the NPCs, except the two carpool drivers.
The wiki says:
Quote:
Do NOT attempt to add a carpool driver NPC to a household, make her selectable, or tamper with the carpool driver NPC in any way or form. Doing so will corrupt the neighborhood she is in.

That's why I didn't genderswap the carpool drivers.

I moved Cande Hart's pregnancy to Junie Mann and Sander Beech's to Rhetta Hart. Peri is an alien and knows how to get pregnant as a male. So I didn't abort his pregnancy. I didn't want to abort Mars Land's pregnancy. So Peri taught Mars how to get pregnant as a male. Now, Mars is pregnant by Valentine Hart.

@Redtwoface I'm sorry for being so impatient and "stealing" your idea. I did this for my personal use so you can still genderswap Widespot if you want. I can't upload it anyway because Peni didn't give me the permission for this.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2015 at 5:25 PM
You both have permission! Sort it out between you. I'm tickled to death when people do these things. (Looks like you missed a pronoun change in the Harts' collective bio. Oh, and Peri is usually the feminine spelling; Perry would be masculine.) Maybe Red wants to do one in which Valentine is pregnant, in which case - not redundant!

One thing that leaped out when I saw Missus Kitty (since gone, but the posts live on 'cause I reblogged them) do this on tumblr was, that the power dynamics in the neighborhood changed a lot.

Something that genderswapping makes clearer, which I've never seen anyone notice, is that when I built Valentine and Angel, I tried to make them attractive (by my cartoony standards) so that people would not be constantly horrified by the children - but I made Angel attractive in a more stereotypically masculine way and Val in a more stereotypically feminine way. He's the one with the triangular face and the cupid's bow mouth, while she got the squared-off chin and jaw and straight mouth. It hasn't affected Valentine's ability to appeal to the ladies or Rhett's claim to machismo, or made people think of Goldie (the only one who looks like her mother) as being at all butch, though!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Redtwoface : 6th May 2015 at 9:35 PM. Reason: Fixing grammer
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I'm sorry for being so impatient and "stealing" your idea. I did this for my personal use so you can still genderswap Widespot if you want. I can't upload it anyway because Peni didn't give me the permission for this.

You have no need to give me an apology Jawusa you helped! and you gave me ideas!

I'll install the base game soon and stop procrastinating and continue where I left off. And Peni what mods did you use while creating Wdespot
Mad Poster
#23 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:54 PM
Just the basics:
_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package
antiredundancy
ffsdebugger
ML-NMN_Hacked-Coat-Hook.package
nocorruptdeath.package
notownieregen
nounlinkondelete
stuckobjremover
teleporter
argon_archfix
Buyable Career Rewards, Base Game Edition.
I also used the testingcheats extensively, and SimPE. You will need SimPE rather than SimBlender because SimBlender doesn't work with BG. I needed the coat hook to dress people properly after I grew them up, as I had to do with Homer, Beulah, Mary, Val, Angel, Candy, and Rhett, and you may need it after you change their genders, too. The teleporter was to shortcut setting up story events so you can probably do without. The batbox was primarily there to clear gossip and help out in emergencies, as was the stuckobject remover.

Argon_archfix fixes some broken face templates which may or may not have been used, but I wanted to be sure. And the Buyable Career Rewards stocked Rich's secret Walk In Closet of Ill-Gotten Gains. If you're using an existing Widespot as a base you probably don't need them.

Trainee Moderator
#24 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:14 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 7th May 2015 at 11:33 AM.
This is how I renamed the genderswapped Widespot sims.

Beech
Daytona became Dayton
Hamilton became Harriett
Sandy became Sander
Virginia became Verginius (masculine form of Virginia, but not used anymore. It's an Ancient Roman name...I might change it to something other else)
Rocky became Roxie

Hart
Valentine is also a feminine name
-Angel is also a masculine name
Candy became Cande
Rhett became Rhetta
Goldie became Grant

Mann
Rich became Ruth
Lana became Lucky
Junior became Junie

Land
Homer became Hope
Beulah became Beau
Mary became Mars
Dixie became Dillion
Scot became Scarlett
River became Riva
Delta became Delton

Weiss
Skye became Skylar
Penny became Peri (I'll change it to Perry)
Woody became Weslee

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:55 PM
Is it safe to delete anything from the userdata folder?
Page 1 of 2