Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Texture-Referencing Mattresses

by plasticbox Posted 3rd May 2015 at 2:16 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2015 at 2:53 PM by plasticbox

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:36 AM
Thank you for making these - Quick question though, what are the energy and comfort stats on them?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:50 AM
Love the colors :)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2015 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaspsUnderground
what are the energy and comfort stats on them?

The tuning is from the Mission beds. Exactly like in those, I don't know the values off the top of my head.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd May 2015 at 12:38 PM
Texture referencing mattresses. Omg you're a modding genius! "DOH".
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2015 at 6:04 PM
I just updated with one more double mattress, see first post.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th May 2015 at 12:45 PM
Thank you! How much energy do the sims gain in those beds? The highest?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2015 at 1:02 PM
For the stats please see post #1 and the catalogue screenshots. It says there which ones are using what tuning (Mission and Discrete); the catalogue tooltips are the original values from those beds.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:15 AM
thank you !
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The tuning is from the Mission beds. Exactly like in those, I don't know the values off the top of my head.

Thank you kindly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th May 2015 at 10:39 PM
Love it!
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th May 2015 at 2:40 AM
Are we allowed to recolor
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:04 PM
Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th May 2015 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romeomont
Are we allowed to recolor

You can recolour or otherwise re-use all of my stuff, provided you respect the license (BY-NC-SA Creative Commons: Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike): Link back to this thread, no commercial use, no restrictions on further re-use.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:32 PM
Thank you for this, though it might cause me some extra work. You see, my main interest in the separate mattresses is to have a bed that looks like the cheaper ones but behaves (and costs) like the expensive ones, so before I get to using it I will likely clone them with the Princess Cordelia tunings (which are reasonably better than those of every other non-reward bed) and a price close to that of the full bed.

BTW, using the Mission and Discretion tunings as your only two different price points is strange. For the double beds, they have almost identical energy stats (about 2% different), and a minor difference in the other stats (2.75x faster stress, discomfort, and drunkenness removal on Discretion compared with 2.5x on Mission); for the single beds, there's apparently an error in the game's tuning files, where the Mission stats were unchanged from its double bed counterpart, making the Mission bed actually better at restoring energy than the Discretion despite being cheaper. If you want the price difference to actually matter I would go with the Eminence/Utopiate tuning as the lower end (still medium quality beds, but noticeably worse energy stats than Mission/Discretion), or even Mod Pod (whose single version is the only non-kid low quality bed in the base game).
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:14 PM
Huh? If you want different versions, please just go ahead and make them yourself. I don't care what kind of tuning other people prefer -- I wanted them like this for my own game, that's why I made them like this. Be assured I know how to read object tuning .

Also I'm very much not in the "make the game as easy as possible" camp so I definitely wouldn't use that super-energy tuning from the expensive bed .. I actually like that I can use that now (in the form of frame + mattress) without those magic powers. YMMV.

Test Subject
#17 Old 19th May 2015 at 7:56 PM
I'm getting the message "script call failed" when trying to place the mattress- is there something else I need to download to make these work?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th May 2015 at 8:33 PM
Which mattress is this?

Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:51 AM
Default Script Call Failed
Both the large and small mattresses give me a "script call failed" message... is that what you're asking there?
It seems like all the colors do this, though I didn't check each one.
Your frames place fine.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:36 AM
Script Call Failed is what you'd normally get when an object is missing some pieces or referencing invalid resources. If this happens without other CC too, the first thing I'd try is redownloading -- when *all* of the mattresses are acting up it sounds like your download is not complete for some reason. (I can't repro this, I've used all of the mattresses myself -- if it had been just one colour option, it could have been that I messed it up somehow and didn't notice, that's why I was asking)

Test Subject
#21 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:46 AM
Script Call Failed is what you'd normally get when an object is missing some pieces or referencing invalid resources. If this happens without other CC too, the first thing I'd try is redownloading -- when *all* of the mattresses are acting up it sounds like your download is not complete for some reason. (I can't repro this, I've used all of the mattresses myself -- if it had been just one colour option, it could have been that I messed it up somehow and didn't notice, that's why I was asking)

Ok, will do captain Btw thanks for all the awesome content, love the liberated objects, mods and fixes you make.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:00 AM
Interesting... re-downloading didn't work, and I see now that frameless "Watercolor Beddings" by PearlStitches have the same issue... hmm! The other bed related mods/stuff I have... all beds same energy comfort by shimrod... and the barnish bunk bed. I'll try removing them/checking for updates.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:17 AM
That Shimrod mod is way outdated I believe. Next time, please test without other CC before posting ..

Test Subject
#24 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:54 AM
That Shimrod mod is way outdated I believe. Next time, please test without other CC before posting ..

Apologies. I thought I had cleaned out all my broken CC but found it lurking in there while looking for possible conflicts with your mattresses. Now they function yay
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 7:24 AM
Is there a tutorial that you can make that shows us how to recolor it? I read a tutorial on how to recolor an original maxis item, but not a separate bedding. Should I still treat your mattresses as if they are maxis items? I'm planning to make bedding conversions of popular bed mods, and of course, if I upload it, I'll be sure to give credit to you and the person who recolored the original bed in the first place Also, I'm a big fan of ur mods.
Page 1 of 2