Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated: Simple Symmetry Edit/Add-Ons

by plasticbox Posted 11th May 2015 at 7:03 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2016 at 3:48 PM by plasticbox

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:25 PM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:01 AM
Cool idea! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:47 PM
cat wait to try in game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:51 PM
Its a cool idea and a very great Job.I wait to more
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:30 AM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:03 PM
very nice...perfect
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:23 PM
Thank you so much for making more display space!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:55 PM
Question. I'm trying to place a TV on top like you have in your photos, but it is not letting me. How did you do this?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:00 PM
You might need the “Electronics anywhere” mod, see my profile. Or perhaps using bb.moveobjects is sufficient? Off the top of my head I don’t remember, but you can try that first.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:17 PM
Great!! Thank you. :)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:50 PM
Updated with the silly feetprint of the low-height versions fixed.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 3:53 PM
THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. YOU ARE THE BEST, THANKS
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 6:29 PM
beautifull! Can you make smaller ones too?
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 2:23 AM
Hi. First of all thanks for these objects and for your content in general, it's awesome. I just got TS4 and already have most of your mods/CC in my game!

The game does let me place the TV on the bookshelf or display as shown in your pictures (with bb.moveobjects on), however when sims try to watch the TV, the interaction fails: sims sit on the couch and then are promptly teleported, standing, at the back of the couch and the watch TV action is dropped. Any idea why that might be? Anyone else having this bug?

I do have your "place electronics anywhere" mod. And I'm running the base game only, with the latest update.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 10:21 PM
Did you check whether this also happens without other CC? If not then please see the Help forum.

Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Did you check whether this also happens without other CC? If not then please see the Help forum.

Thanks for your answer. I just run some tests for this issue on a new game. I removed everything in my mods folder except these 4 files:
- simple symmetry low display
- simple symmetry high display
- simple symmetry bookcase
- your "place electronics anywhere" mod.

I started a new household in a new game. The reset problem is still present. The TV doesn't turn on, the sim simply resets and drops the interaction, as described before.

This issue happens whether the TV is placed on top of the low display, the high display or the bookcase. It happens no matter which TV I used. The issue does not happen when I place the TV on top of the EA base game displays, or on top of the EA bookcases.

My game version is 1.10.118.1220 (mac) which I believe is the latest update.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 1:17 AM
Do you mean 1.12.118? That would be the current version .. I don't think 1.10.118 existed at all.

I'll take a look, thank you. (There are some outdated social interaction mods arounds which are breaking TVs, that's why I was asking)

Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do you mean 1.12.118? That would be the current version .. I don't think 1.10.118 existed at all.

I'll take a look, thank you. (There are some outdated social interaction mods arounds which are breaking TVs, that's why I was asking)

Oh oops, yes, I meant 1.12.118, that was a typo, I apologize. Thanks for looking into it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 4:56 PM
Okay, fixed (I think) -- attached is an edited bookcase-low package; can you check if it works for you too? You are one patch ahead of me =). Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  pbox_bookcase-simplesymmetry-low.zip (16.7 KB, 12 downloads)

Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:27 AM
Yes, it does work! Sims watch a TV placed on top of the bookcase with the new package, no resetting. Thanks for looking into it!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 12:26 PM
Okay, I reuploded; it is fixed in the low-height display now as well. Didn't do anythign about the tall ones because I don't really see anyone placing a TV on top of a 2m shelf. Thanks again!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:37 PM
Lovely! Thanx 4 the great share...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:33 PM
i love shelves. the more the better. thank yu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:43 PM
Hey i love this its superb but is there any way of being able to recolour it for own use? i tried opening it in sims 4 studio but i cant see a texture there to export... please could you get back to me? thanks
Page 1 of 2