Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st May 2015 at 11:45 AM
I agree with all of that. For myself, I love the convenience of not having to cart around disks with my laptop, which travels frequently. And disks do wear out. I had one get a small chip in the center part where it clips into the tray and that worried me. I also worry that companies will not always be around to support my game, but I'm not sure what to do about it. When I balked at getting an expansion through Origin or Steam, my son pointed out that this is the way games are more likely to be sold in future. I decided to go ahead and embrace it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 31st May 2015 at 10:34 PM
With discs, I feel that there's gonna be a second-hand market that can provide the software, in case the first disc breaks, distributed by merchants independent from the publisher.

Whereas if the software from the publisher is discontinued online, you can't obtain it from other distributors to reinstall.

I would embrace online sales of games so long as we can keep possession of a full copy of the software for future installations, rather than having to re-download the software. Along with the ability not to use Internet bandwidth for the installation (e.g. needing to send information through the Internet to obtain or approve something, etc.)

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Scholar
#28 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:29 PM
That would be amazing
Bob Newbie was my life! We were besties! If only my friend didn't break my base game cd, I would still be playing it. Its still sad to see see the Vacation and Superstar expansion packs on their own. I really would love to play them again. I'd be crazy happy to have a digital download because buying them secondhand or something would have high shipping costs and....eeerrrrgphtknjdff. I want it. I want to re explore everything! I haven't seen the game in 8 years. Memories you know. Also, I guess I'd be able to play differently/ better because now I actually understand the game.
Alchemist
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:18 AM
Like another poster, I prefer my PC games/programs in disc format. partly because the computer I play games on does not have an internet connection.
Though new legal copies generally come from the game maker.

Like I told in another thread, I gave my Sims1 discs and manuals to a nephew.
had the base game, the deluxe edition, and unleashed.

I guess Maxis/EA has some idea of the addictiveness of Sims players. They had chats with players on the Sims2 site before and during making the Sims2 games.
and various ads and commercials mentioned how addictive the game was.

from what I recall Maxis/EA people telling, it seems that the intended audience of Sims games is teens and older. Do not remember where nor the exact words.
Page 2 of 2