Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Holographic Computer

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,036 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 96,799 Views
Uploaded: 19th Jun 2015 at 1:08 PM
Updated: 13th Jul 2015 at 1:01 PM - Removed pic of TS3 computer to alleviate confusion as this is not a conversion but a new mesh
I really loved the holographic computer that came with The Sims 3 'Into The Future' pack and this item is inspired by it. Like the TS3 object, it consists of a floating screen and a floating back-illumination orb, but the logistics involved in making it function the same as the TS3 object are beyond my current tuning abilities, so I've had to make a desk-sitting item with a translucent membrane touch keyboard rather than the TS3 item's setup of having a touchscreen and being used while the sim is standing up.

It's found in the Electronics section with the other computers, and costs 2000 simoleons. It comes in three keyboard colours: 1) Silver, 2) Metallic Blue, and 3) Metallic Purple.

From the front view, the touch keyboard sits on the desk in normal keyboard position, but instead of a mouse, it uses a touchpad. The screen hovers a few inches over the desk.

From the back view, the floating orb gives the appearance of providing the screen projection.

Below, my JC Denton sim looks on in surprise as he uncovers the latest Illuminati world takeover plan on a secret website he just hacked into, while his brother Paul plays The Sims. Well, even nanoaugmented secret government agents have to relax sometime.

Thanks for looking, hope you'll find this useful for your futuristic sims.

INSTALLATION:
Unzip the zip file and move the .package file to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder.

Polygon Counts:
128 polys

Additional Credits:
Made with Sims 4 Studio. Meshed by me in Milkshape.