Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
He acts differently, though, imo - Sims actually meet him when playing pool and cards with him - there is a relationship which does not happen with Crumplebottom? He played cards with Julien Cooke in my game - and he is said to like games. I don't mess with him but he does join games on community lots. He was also playing pool with Goopy later that night.

Well, he's coded to do that so no problem. Mrs C is also coded to interact (tell your sims off for smooching and handbagging them).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:54 PM
I wish I could prank that evil bat But she gives my sims an earful whenever they try to interact with her. I have yet to see the Charlatan serenading Crumplebutt (I like her new nickname :P) and I have been playing for 8 years.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:17 PM
Am I the only one here who isn't really THAT bothered with the Charlatan and Crumplebottom? I rarely see the latter.
I'm more annoyed with the witches that lag up the game when they arrive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasparlaks
Am I the only one here who isn't really THAT bothered with the Charlatan and Crumplebottom? I rarely see the latter.
I'm more annoyed with the witches that lag up the game when they arrive.

Somehow I always see Crumplebottom arriving at all the lots downtown with a bar and getting REALLY wasted there (I once saw her chug down 6 drinks! ). Otherwise, not really.

THE WITCHES CAN GET REALLY ANNOYING FOR ME! The green witch always arrives and makes it rain (literally), and then the good witch arrives and makes it clear again and they always get into a fight, and after roughhousing the cycle begins again.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
Somehow I always see Crumplebottom arriving at all the lots downtown with a bar and getting REALLY wasted there (I once saw her chug down 6 drinks! ). Otherwise, not really.

THE WITCHES CAN GET REALLY ANNOYING FOR ME! The green witch always arrives and makes it rain (literally), and then the good witch arrives and makes it clear again and they always get into a fight, and after roughhousing the cycle begins again.

In my game, they never get together O_o
It's always only one witch at a time and usually it's the bad witch, who makes it rain.
She just stands there at the curb.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 3:29 PM
I don't mind any of them (though witch-lag is a bit annoying - I always seem to be in the middle of panning and am left staring at a blank wall or something). I wish the Charlatan would show up and serenade Mrs. C, but even with all my community lot visiting they haven't crossed paths yet.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 3:45 PM
The bad witch always summons roaches for me. But I don't mind so much now my stray cats take care of them.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:44 PM
I quite like them! Dixie Land just got pick-pocketed (in her swimsuit! I don't even want to know); she's a Fortune sim, so instant drahmaaah! Thankfully she was having a date with her boyfriend, who took her mind off the incident.
I haven't added a Downtown to the Widespot neighbourhood yet, but I must. I miss the mayhem.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 8:35 PM
I also like Mrs C and UC. They don't show up that often, so when they do it amuses me. And if they happen to show up somewhere and I don't want them there, I use the visitor controller to zap them off the lot. I do see why some dislike them though, I would too if they showed up everywhere all the time.

Witches though. Yuck! I've added a mod that blocks them altogether, that's how much they annoy me. I don't let my Sims become any of the supernaturals, so there's no point in having them show up.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I also like Mrs C and UC. They don't show up that often, so when they do it amuses me. And if they happen to show up somewhere and I don't want them there, I use the visitor controller to zap them off the lot. I do see why some dislike them though, I would too if they showed up everywhere all the time.

Witches though. Yuck! I've added a mod that blocks them altogether, that's how much they annoy me. I don't let my Sims become any of the supernaturals, so there's no point in having them show up.

I also do not let my sims become supernaturals such as witches or werewolves.
Aliens and ghosts are my limit.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, he's coded to do that so no problem. Mrs C is also coded to interact (tell your sims off for smooching and handbagging them).

Yes - but she does not show up in the relationship panel He does (and I am not worried )
Alchemist
#37 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 3:37 PM
I love the Unsavory Charlatan and the wild gesturing he does before he pickpockets someone. I wish my criminal Sims could do that.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 3:44 PM
I had Mrs C show up in Angela Pleasants relationship panel many years ago. I had two sims on a date only to have Angela show up on that downtown com. lot and she sat down to play poker. Then Mrs C arrived and sat down at the same poker table with Angela.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 5:58 PM Last edited by gazania : 14th Jul 2015 at 1:14 AM.
Now, I'm the other way around. I'll even put up with the game lag.

The first time the game froze when I played AL scared the crap out of me. Now, I think "Oh, it's the witch again!", sigh and wait the several seconds or so before everything stops freezing. It is what it is.

Mrs. C and her other potential game- or hood-breakin' buddies, though ... begone! I do like the idea of getting or making a clone or variation out of them, though (a REALLY good idea ... thanks for suggesting it!) I believe I've seen a Mrs. C clone or two ... and even a purse. And I can make my clone Charlatan deliciously evil (though I'm not sure there's a pick-pocketing mod out here ... the clone UC have to resort to seducing rich Sims and employing blackmail or extortion or just plain stealing from their funds, but he ... or she, because why should males have all the fun here? ... can still be nice and evil.) And if my clones do anything too awful, my hood will be toast, but (at least in the case of Mrs. C) not my game.

EDIT ... Well, the faux Charlatan can steal some things via a mod if I really want him or her to do so (http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....threadID=2548_), but I think that blackmail, extortion, assault (via playing with relationship scores), etc. would keep my malicious pixel dolly busy for now. I would prefer not to download too many new mods now myself. So no, I haven't tried this one. My Charlatan can even look the part, though it would have to be a "he" in this case: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303186 .

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 2 of 2