Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

United Nations NY Headquarters - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 18th Jul 2015 at 10:12 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2016 at 3:53 AM by Zarathustra

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:29 PM
The things you build with no CC at all! I just love your imagination.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 5:23 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 18th Jul 2015 at 5:24 PM. Reason: Smilies not smilin'
O. M. G! The flags!!!
You, my dear, are a sculptor of sim-pixels. That's what you are! Very, VERY well done
Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:10 PM
Outstanding build! It's amazing what you achieve without any CC!
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:22 PM
WOAH!
Out of the park! This is a home run!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 4:41 AM
FANTASTIC! No problem for the interior, it's the exterior that catches the eye. THANK YOU! Just in time for my new hood - New York Simmy. (not very original name but it works) Again, Thank You. And if you perchance happen to be inspired concerning Grand Grand Central Station...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 11:16 AM Last edited by HeartDeco : 19th Jul 2015 at 12:11 PM.
For not having any CC, in that respect (which, btw, no CC at all gets high marks in my book), this build is incredible! Thank you so much for your consideration, resourcefulness and contribution to both the community and the game. This lot deserves a "Pick"!

Debra
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 4:16 PM
THIS IS AMAZING. Thank you for building this!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 4:50 PM
I am fascinated by all the effort and detail that you put into this building, and your description too was very engaging. Very well done!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 5:34 AM
Terrific idea and execution Zarathustra- as always! Would it be possible to get a close up of those flags, I'm intrigued in how you did those!
Alchemist
#11 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Terrific idea and execution Zarathustra- as always! Would it be possible to get a close up of those flags, I'm intrigued in how you did those!

I was thinking the same! At a guess Im thinking its cfe'd walls? But Im no where near 100% sure! Another amazing build!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
#12 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 1:59 AM
From this distance cfe'd walls looks to be the actual flags with wallpaper on them, but I can't tell how he made the flag poles either.

Z, do come and tell us!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 2:17 AM
@joandsarah77 @ekrubynaffit I promise, I'm not being unresponsive because trying to keep trade secrets or anything! My lunch hour was over and I had to go back to work!

The flags are actually pretty straightforward- they are indeed CFE'd walls painted bright colors, and I placed them such that they extend to just above the top of a two-story column, and I then used move_objects put the mirrored ball sculpture above the column as the finial. Finally, I put four lights around the base of the column, since they have kind of the right shape to be the massive bolts holding the whole thing upright in the wind. Pretty simple, and actually with how well these turned out, I'm gonna have to play around with it a bit more- I think it might be even possible to make great big long streaming banners that look pretty convincing by using gradually changing CFE heights and multiple wall segments!
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
#14 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:37 AM
Okay now it makes sense! I couldn't see what column you had used or if it was perhaps wall, but 2 story column. Not too hard and quite effective. You do have some very good ideas. Would be good outside a courthouse or parliament.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:39 AM
Amazing!! Such great ingenuity!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Okay now it makes sense! I couldn't see what column you had used or if it was perhaps wall, but 2 story column. Not too hard and quite effective. You do have some very good ideas. Would be good outside a courthouse or parliament.

I agree- and there's certainly some fine-tuning it could use if it becomes a bit more widely used, by me or by others... lowering the third level by 1/16th would match up the top of the column and the bottom of the sculpture, for instance, and it'd help it look better up close (rather than just from a distance like it is now)... I'll have to fiddle around with it a bit more! I like finding fun combinations of CC-free stuff to make work like this!

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 4:03 AM
I've actually been to the U.N. before when I was smaller and Carter was president. He happened to be there addressing the general assembly and I got to hear the speech. The details are exactly how I remember it, including the tall secretariat building. Your building skills are amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 9:16 PM
WHAT THE...! Was the first thing my mind came up to when I saw The Downtown Abbey Castle and then THIS?!!! Are you an architect in real life???? CUZ IF YOU DON'T, U SHOULD THINK ABOUT BECOMING ONE, seriously!!! *0*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeroscold
WHAT THE...! Was the first thing my mind came up to when I saw The Downtown Abbey Castle and then THIS?!!! Are you an architect in real life???? CUZ IF YOU DON'T, U SHOULD THINK ABOUT BECOMING ONE, seriously!!! *0*

Haha, nope! I'm actually a political scientist and a park ranger- architecture is a hobby!

Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 10:41 AM
Excellent! You've done an amazing job translating the complex down to a playable size, while keeping all the vital features. Color me impressed.
Scholar
#21 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 3:50 AM
I have no use for this, but I love it. I was considering downloading it to examine the flags up close until I saw the picture you posted, and I still just might!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 4:09 PM
Thanks you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 11:26 AM
Just wow. I'm excited to explore this in game
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 5:01 PM
Thank you