Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MudBathTub + Standalone Sauna

by Arsil Posted 28th Jul 2015 at 9:38 AM - Updated 2nd Aug 2015 at 6:23 PM by Arsil : Updated Version

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:49 PM
This is so perfect! I was hoping that someone would do this because the design I have for my spa would do really well with these two being separate. Then we could have mudbath rooms and separate sauna stalls like in some gyms. Thank you so much for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 2:01 PM
More awesomeness!!! Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 2:08 PM
This is bea-u-ti-ful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 2:42 PM
awesome! thanks a lot :D
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:54 PM
much better seperate

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 12:38 PM
Ogni volto che trovo qualcosa di geniale, ci sei dietro tu! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:10 AM
Thank you very much.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:58 AM
Such a simple and much-needed modification! And no rubby ducky lol. Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:27 AM
Separate is SO MUCH BETTER!
(Not to torture you or anything, but are there plans for separating the steam bench, too?)

Also, I noticed that pregnant male sims can't use EA's sauna. Is there coding that could change that, so my mpreg sims can enjoy mudbaths, too?
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:27 PM
Yep, the code prevents Sims who are pregnant to use the sauna and the tub.
I can remove that check but I like to think that there's a good reason (technical or not) if it is disabled.

Bah, I'll study the code and make a few tests...

It seems that pregnant Sims can bathe without problems, but for some reason they
can't sit on the sauna bench (which is weird as it appears like a common sit interaction).
When we'll update the mod/objects I'll add a tunable field on the xml, but it will be disabled
by default as I'm not fully confident that is completely safe.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:42 PM
Great job! This will be a nice addition to my spa.Will there be a milk bath next? (Just a little hint);) Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:48 AM
Like it! Now I'm only missing the sauna as a standalone item :)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I can remove that check but I like to think that there's a good reason (technical or not) if it is disabled.

It seems that pregnant Sims can bathe without problems, but for some reason they
can't sit on the sauna bench (which is weird as it appears like a common sit interaction).
When we'll update the mod/objects I'll add a tunable field on the xml, but it will be disabled

If my memory is correct, EA coded it that way because there are some dangers related to sauna use and pregnancy. Similar to the dangers of using hot tubs. (IRL, of course. In the game, I could care less and hope you can find a way to disable the check.)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:16 AM
Thank you for the update, Arsil! Now we can have seperate mudbaths AND saunas
Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil

You and Sandy are golden ANGELS, Arsil! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by janyses
If my memory is correct, EA coded it that way because there are some dangers related to sauna use and pregnancy. Similar to the dangers of using hot tubs. (IRL, of course. In the game, I could care less and hope you can find a way to disable the check.)

EA's crazy, that's all. Their logic (or lack thereof) is one of a kind.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 4:51 PM
Awwmmsome! Tanks you so much !

Is it possible to have a mirored version of the sauna ???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 2:00 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:59 AM
nice,, thanks
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 8:44 PM
Good, how I love you & Sandy even more now ;_; You two are honestly my heroines! Lots & lots of love to you! And thank you so much for this!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 1:07 PM
Love it! So much better apart. But how come you removed the waterfall from the sauna?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 3:09 PM
Thank you! This is awesome! There is only one problem for me, I am still seeing the shadow of the bathtub on the floor when placing the sauna.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 6:50 PM
Thanks You ขอบคุณมาก
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:59 AM
Thank-you very much for these! They're great!
Inventor
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lanique
I am still seeing the shadow of the bathtub on the floor when placing the sauna.

I don't get it. Can you post a screenshot?

I noticed that the shadow meshes still have the tub, but that should be of no consequence.
Page 1 of 2