Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 7:02 PM Last edited by jaderj1209 : 11th Aug 2015 at 4:14 AM.
Default My upload rejected- Harley Quinn and Joker- Need Some Feedback please!
So I made some outfits, skins, and eyes that are supposed to look like Harley Quinn and The Joker.

However, it got rejected, I would really like some feedback on knowing what I can do better with the cc to have it get accepted.

Disney, DC Comics, and Harry Potter for ∞
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:56 PM
Do you have some (larger) comparison pictures? Since they are supposed to look like existing characters/clothes that not everybody will know off the top of their heads, that would make it easier to tell how close they are.

The face paints look very irregular and jagged to me. Maybe try painting one half, then copying that onto a new layer and mirroring that layer .. that way they would be symmetrial. Are they completely flat in the original too?

On this picture https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...ywithmakeup.jpg it looks like the original costume has a broad collar of sorts, that is missing from your version which makes it look quite different. The edge between black/red and white on your version is very jagged as well (I don't know how that would happen, since the actual texture seems to be pretty high-res).

The colours of the blue suit seem quite close .. it is a different kind of suit though. My sims don't often wear that kind of suit so not sure whether there is a better choice in the base game that you could use as a basis. Also, it might be good to try and incorporate those two "bands" below the bow tie into your version (perhaps that sun-shaped green emblem on the front as well?) since that looks quite distinctive.

The shoes seem very bucketfilled, I can see no detail at all (like shoelaces or seams). The black and red pants and shirt look like they have a lot of detail in the bumpmap that isn't in the texture (that is a bit hard to tell though, particularly with the black part).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do you have some (larger) comparison pictures? Since they are supposed to look like existing characters/clothes that not everybody will know off the top of their heads, that would make it easier to tell how close they are.

The face paints look very irregular and jagged to me. Maybe try painting one half, then copying that onto a new layer and mirroring that layer .. that way they would be symmetrial. Are they completely flat in the original too?

On this picture https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...ywithmakeup.jpg it looks like the original costume has a broad collar of sorts, that is missing from your version which makes it look quite different. The edge between black/red and white on your version is very jagged as well (I don't know how that would happen, since the actual texture seems to be pretty high-res).

The colours of the blue suit seem quite close .. it is a different kind of suit though. My sims don't often wear that kind of suit so not sure whether there is a better choice in the base game that you could use as a basis. Also, it might be good to try and incorporate those two "bands" below the bow tie into your version (perhaps that sun-shaped green emblem on the front as well?) since that looks quite distinctive.

The shoes seem very bucketfilled, I can see no detail at all (like shoelaces or seams). The black and red pants and shirt look like they have a lot of detail in the bumpmap that isn't in the texture (that is a bit hard to tell though, particularly with the black part).

Thanks so much for your help!!

Disney, DC Comics, and Harry Potter for ∞
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 1:49 AM
I LOVE THE JOKER! But the makeup could use a little tweak or too, but I love the suit sooooo much! As far a Harley goes she looks fabulous!

...And I'll Stand there with the Wizard...
...Feeling things I've never felt...
...though I'd never show it...
...I'd be so happy I could MELT...
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 12:59 PM
pls can we get links for them
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 2:40 PM
I'd strongly recommend going with lipstick instead of a Heath Ledger style jagged mouth. I don't know if this has already been posted.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 1:27 AM
At this point, the thread is pretty old, so I'd say any further advice is probably a moot point.
OP, if you want this topic reopened, just let me know.
Topic locked.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Old. Will re-open if OP requests.