Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:44 PM
Default Any pointers much appreciated! (Mermaid ears conversion)
I'm trying to convert these TS3 mermaid ears to TS4, for personal use, or if I could get the creator's permission, perhaps to upload.

I got as far as converting the mesh,

but I can't seem to get the texture to work.

^ In this example I enlarged the texture to see if it even shows up on the mesh. It seems not to.

Please and thank you for any advice.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 10:09 AM
This happens if your texture doesn't conform to the format of TS4's 1024x2048 CAS template and instead uses a non-TS4 format (such as the original TS3 texture) - your accessory ends up with the TS4 sim body and face texture all over it.

There's an annotated copy of the TS4 CAS template here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/62/fix-uv-map-template . Where to put the texture will depend on what you cloned the ears as - if you cloned them as earrings, they must go in the area of the template allocated to earrings, if glasses, they must go in the area allocated to glasses, and so on. (And yes, the allocated areas really are that tiny. It's a real pain!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:21 PM
Ah thank you! Exactly the kind of advice I was hoping for.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:49 AM
Hey There!
I was hoping, if you finished this mesh, could you please send it to me?
I really would like themmm
Thank you!
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th May 2017 at 2:41 AM
wow, very cool. I hope you can get the creator's permission.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:29 PM
if you manage to get it to work, is it possible that i could have a link? ive been looking everywhere for fantasy stuff for sims 4, and i found these, but i realised that all of the cool stuff is for sims 3 :< if not, thats 10000% ok !! but if so my tumblr is @hellcrafts and i'd appreciate it so so much
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 1:30 AM
Hi! could I possibly get the link if you've finished this?
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:18 PM
I would also be super interested in these
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craazii Fox
Hey There!
I was hoping, if you finished this mesh, could you please send it to me?
I really would like themmm
Thank you!

def would make the mermaid mod 10x better! I would love them to add to my mermaids as I was trying to find some mermaid ears for the past week lol but I know that permissions are needed, so just keep up to date, but nice work!