Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ridge Hall

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 14th Sep 2015 at 9:00 PM - Updated 24th Nov 2017 at 8:32 PM by Fergus' Mind

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 10:22 PM
As usual, your interiors are rich with luxuriant texture. Gorgeous.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 10:32 PM
Wow Fergus, this is so well done! I really really like it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 12:33 AM
Fergus, you never disappoint. Classic, stately, and elegant without being overly ostentacious. Brava!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 5:50 AM
Wonderful, boarderline gothic! love it!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 7:25 AM
Just elegant, as always, Fergus.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 2:05 PM
I love your houses - and the stories are fun, too: "Fortunately for Margaret, Marvin blew his brains out..." ?!?
Thank you!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 5:39 PM
Love your house, Fergus! Thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 7:23 PM
Thanks for all the feedback; I'm glad to know the house is appreciated. It's certainly been one of my personal favourites; I know I've certainly had a lot of fun with it.

Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
and the stories are fun, too: "Fortunately for Margaret, Marvin blew his brains out..." ?!?

Hey, what can I say? She gained a nice old house out of it, so can she really complain?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 8:38 PM
Looks great, Ferg. Love the pantry with the kitchen, and the layout of the attic floor is very nice. The garden is wonderful, and of course, the difference in the addition of the back "L" always makes me happy!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 7:19 PM
Just beautiful, I love it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 7:42 PM
This house is amazing! I play the Random Legacy Challenge, and every generation, I filter MTS on houses that match my generations size needs and budget. Yours was the first that came up, and I just... it blew my mind. It looks even nicer in game. I've been playing for about 4 hours, and keep discovering stuff!

Just one teensy weensy little nitpick. My Sims don't seem to be able to access the bin under the outside stairs. I had to move it onto the patio so they didn't route fail.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 8:05 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 1st Nov 2015 at 11:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
This house is amazing! I play the Random Legacy Challenge, and every generation, I filter MTS on houses that match my generations size needs and budget. Yours was the first that came up, and I just... it blew my mind. It looks even nicer in game. I've been playing for about 4 hours, and keep discovering stuff!

Just one teensy weensy little nitpick. My Sims don't seem to be able to access the bin under the outside stairs. I had to move it onto the patio so they didn't route fail.

I'm glad it's still appreciated.
As for the bin, I've had the house played with full capacity for a couple of generations and haven't had any issues with the bin. What I'll do when I get chance is move the current family out and stick a test family in and see if the bin causes any issues then. I'll also find a new place for the bin regardless and re-upload. Thanks for letting me know.
Edit:
I've pulled the bin out from underneath the back staircase a bit more to make it accessible. I've also fixed a few dodgy ceiling tiles. Enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 11:54 AM
Oh my, the house is beautiful I wish I could actually stay in.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 3:57 PM
Wow, this is stunning!Great work
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 12:15 AM
I love the house Fergus. Each room has lovely details. The back story is very amusing and I can't tell if you actually researched a house named Ridge Hall or you totally made up the family saga. I like when the dry heat made them hot foot it back east. Ha Ha!
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
I love the house Fergus. Each room has lovely details. The back story is very amusing and I can't tell if you actually researched a house named Ridge Hall or you totally made up the family saga. I like when the dry heat made them hot foot it back east. Ha Ha!

Thanks. Sometimes I see a beautiful landscape and then in my mind I picture my dream house for that location and then before long I've got a whole back story going on in my mind that I just have to get written down somewhere. The plains and the southwest are very beautiful landscapes, so it's not hard to imagine living there in a beautiful old home and just falling in love with my surroundings each morning I open the curtains, regardless of season or weather.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 4:36 PM
Ahhh wow, this is really pretty!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:34 PM
This is a beautiful house, very impressive! Thank you for sharing it with us