Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 58 (Who?), Viewed: 7909 times.
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 2:30 PM
Default Who has the biggest mod folder? and has it effected your game performance at all?
so far i'm up to a little over 7gigs.. and rapidly growing , the game still works fine for the most part. Loading times in the beginning are very slow, takes about 2 minutes before the game loads up. Besides a few UI problems in CAS from having too many colors the game itself hasn't seen too much of a performance impact at all. Which makes me wonder, How much is "too much" in TS4. Has anyone gotten there yet?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 2:38 PM
I haven't even reached a gig so I don't think I am much help but initial is like 20 seconds. It actually improved by a couple of seconds after I removed all spaces and symbols from the file names.

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 2:50 PM
4.79 gigs here. Loading the game up takes a while and waiting for all my cc to load in CAS takes some time as well. Live Mode still runs as smoothly as ever though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentusMatt
I haven't even reached a gig so I don't think I am much help but initial is like 20 seconds. It actually improved by a couple of seconds after I removed all spaces and symbols from the file names.


I thought about doing that, but im such a hoarder, i have a hard enough time avoiding duplicate's now using the conflict detector, If i were to rename things it would be a disaster.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 7:50 PM
I have 3.70 gigs in my game and I find the load times between lots to be quick and painless, the cas load time is fast, there's no real upset from cc and mods I've found. I've used a bulk renaming program to remove all the spaces and special symbols from the file names, but personally I haven't seen that really improve the speed of the game at all.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingEchoes
I have 3.70 gigs in my game and I find the load times between lots to be quick and painless, the cas load time is fast, there's no real upset from cc and mods I've found. I've used a bulk renaming program to remove all the spaces and special symbols from the file names, but personally I haven't seen that really improve the speed of the game at all.


Where's the program you used from? I started renaming mine manually, but it's taking forever to do.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 12:09 AM
Bulk Rename Utility

I only have 1.7 GB of mods, but after the loading really started to slow down I used BRU and the loading is back to near normal speeds.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:34 AM
Are you people insane? I've been playing Sims 3 for years and it only has 700 mb of mods+cc. Sims 4? Maybe a few megs. With 3.7-4.79 GB of mods/cc, no wonder there are constantly game problems in the help forum. Reminds me of my Sims 2, it has at least 2 GB of mods+cc, glitchy as hell.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:43 AM
I have 11 GB in my 4 and all was fine until the recent patch. My Sims 3 has 10GB and no problems, and Sims 2 has 8Gb and no probs either. My Sims4 is on my laptop with windows 10, 3 on my PC with Windows 8 because it was laggy with 10, and sims 2 on an old dell with 7. I hate having to go through files I was so careful with in the first place.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 8:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicvibe
I have 11 GB in my 4 and all was fine until the recent patch. My Sims 3 has 10GB and no problems, and Sims 2 has 8Gb and no probs either. My Sims4 is on my laptop with windows 10, 3 on my PC with Windows 8 because it was laggy with 10, and sims 2 on an old dell with 7. I hate having to go through files I was so careful with in the first place.


11gb?!? WE HAVE A WINNER! I was careful too with my first 7gb here, but it gets really hard to keep track in my head of what's in there. I use notepad and write a few basic notes on my "mods" just a list of the ones that change gamplay and will inevitably need updating, also if i note if i add something that is a "default replacement". I put that text file in my documents/electronic arts folder so if i go a few months without playing (which i tend to do) I'll be able to pick up hoarding mods where i left off without breaking the game, update and patch as needed. I have noticed the mod conflict detector has some issues with bigger mod folders, it crashes sometimes, i know it's early and i'm sure it will improve over time

I only had one save that really bugged from me messing around with it. One day i noticed there were no more sims in my world but my current household, no one walking around, the gym and parks were empty, if i visited a lot there was never anyone home. I'm still not sure what caused it, I just scrapped the world and put all my houses in a new one. Took a wile since i literally bulldozed and rebuilt on every lot and had no "stock" sims but the goth family. i'm 1/2 way through, finally finished the two main towns. Newcrest should fly by since it's already empty.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 9:04 PM


Way less than my sims 3 folder and I have no lag in my game.
Icy Spicy
staff: moderator
#12 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Are you people insane? I've been playing Sims 3 for years and it only has 700 mb of mods+cc. Sims 4? Maybe a few megs. With 3.7-4.79 GB of mods/cc, no wonder there are constantly game problems in the help forum. Reminds me of my Sims 2, it has at least 2 GB of mods+cc, glitchy as hell.


Even my cc-free game has at least 1 GB of cc :P
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 12:40 AM
1.3 gb right now. No performance difference. thankfully I like how the sims look this time around so I don't have to DL a bunch of stuff. I'm on a SD drive so i'm being careful too of running out of space.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Instructor
#14 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 12:49 AM
I wipe my CC folder (except for my mods) every now and then because I forget what's CC and what's Maxis, to be able to create/upload to the gallery without getting the CC flag, having to go through everything to find that ONE wallpaper that's downloaded.

Then I forget to put the folder back in again when playing my CC save files, and all my sims are bald and naked. I add the CC back in and everyone's still bald and naked. I give up and re-download just my favorites.

Rinse and repeat.

It's currently 500 MB, with the latest wipe a week or so ago.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 2:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoliin
I wipe my CC folder (except for my mods) every now and then because I forget what's CC and what's Maxis, to be able to create/upload to the gallery without getting the CC flag, having to go through everything to find that ONE wallpaper that's downloaded.

Then I forget to put the folder back in again when playing my CC save files, and all my sims are bald and naked. I add the CC back in and everyone's still bald and naked. I give up and re-download just my favorites.

Rinse and repeat.

It's currently 500 MB, with the latest wipe a week or so ago.


lol, i hate that, I always delete all the maxxis sims and make my own towns, well somewhere along the line i must have replaced a hair now I have a little old bald lady that walks around, I keep trying to edit her in CAS to give the woman some dang hair but it never works, she just continues to show up looking like the guy from the old 6 flag commercials.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:43 AM
I can't help it. I'm a custom content junkie.

If you are having issues with content on 4, I recommend Sakura's cc manager here on MTS - but be aware that some TSR files will show up erroneously as sims 3 package files even though they were made for (and do work for) sims 4, and Zerbu's cc tracker (although it doesn't catch 100% of custom content, you can create sims with all the crap content, give them funny names and then find them to delete most of the content that is borked).

Sims 3 I used Delphy's dashboard, and Sims 2 I use Delphy's organizer and Clean installer.
#17 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 4:46 AM
The loading screens are sometimes long for me and I have 1.16 MB in my mods folder. That's a lot, isn't it?

This account doesn't exist
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 6:51 PM
My Mods folder is almost 6Go (5.75 to be exact :p). The game takes a couple of minutes to even start. At first, I thought the game was bugged (you know, like, sometimes your programm doesn't start and you have to manually stop it ?) but nah. I click on the game. Nothing happens for a couple of minutes, then the game starts. I get the intro, then The Sims 4 appears and it freezes for like 2 minutes (the plumbob isn't moving) - but it's actually not freezed, it's like, loading... THEN I get the actual loading screen that lasts like 10 seconds. Then it takes like 45 seconds to load my house (it's a house/family I've just created, so I don't know if it'll take longer after a while playing it). But the plumbob is acting funky. Like, it can freeze then BOOOOOOUM it goes crazy fast xD then normal... Kind of weird.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 9:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
Like, it can freeze then BOOOOOOUM it goes crazy fast xD then normal... Kind of weird.


saaameee
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 10:36 PM
10 gb and no problems here
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 10:50 PM
I've only gotten 21.5 MB
Inventor
#22 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 12:20 AM
The only thing that bothers me is in CAS when the thumbnails don't load. I just end up blindly clicking on blank thumbnails to find something. Pretty frustrating. This doesn't happen with little or no CC.
At one point I did have over 8 gb and had to reduce the amount because the game started crashing. Don't know if there was a specific cc that caused it or not.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#23 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 5:52 PM
I have about 6 gb but i always add matching pics to ALL my cc so take off some space for those pics the only problem i have is the initial start up but other than that no in game problems and saving doesn't take to long unless im playing allot of households at once.
Smeg Head
#24 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 1:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica187
lol, i hate that, I always delete all the maxxis sims and make my own towns, well somewhere along the line i must have replaced a hair now I have a little old bald lady that walks around, I keep trying to edit her in CAS to give the woman some dang hair but it never works, she just continues to show up looking like the guy from the old 6 flag commercials.


That might be a problem with hats rather than hair. Check if the old lady has one of those costume hats on, that might be what's making her bald no matter how much you mess around with her hair in Cas.
Alchemist
#25 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 11:33 AM
I have 1.50gb,418 files.
My game runs fine nice and smooth,if i add to many cc's at once it slows down for a bit thats why i add 10 new cc's at once.

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Page 1 of 3
Back to top